Help for captiveworks 800s

Username: Gaukiladki

Post Number: 1
I am a newbie with captiveworks. I just got my cw800s. I tried setting up the box and i get signal strengh to 75% but quality is 0. I tried changing all the TPs but no luck. Any idea on what to do? Everything was working fine with my pansat. i have not changed anything with my dish. signal is same. i did change disq switch outside from pansat to captiveworks. Would that be an issue? Can i use pansat swich with captiveworks or vise versa?

Also where can i get factory bin?

I am using dishpro for 61.5 and dishpro for 119 and 110. what is the option I need to pick for dishpro? pansat had dishpro as an option but not in cw...

any help is appreciated.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 15171
[link removed]

You will have to register there.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15173
CW700s or 800s

Installing to a box already screwed up:

1. a. Turn box off from rear

2. a. Press and hold down the power button on the front of the box while turning back ON from the rear and wait till you see the word BOOT on the front display for 4 seconds then let go of power button.
2. b. . Using a 9 PIN SERIAL CABLE (NOT an USB PORT), Load Factory Bin file Version 1.02

3. a. Using cable or USB port , Load Bin file Version 1.91 or below (Optional)
3. b. Patch Enable - F1 followed by 000
3 c. Turn box off from rear

4 a. Press and hold down the power button on the front of the box while turning back ON from the rear and wait till you see the word BOOT on the front display for 4 seconds then let go of power button
4. b. Using a 9 PIN SERIAL CABLE (NOT an USB PORT), Load Bin file Version 1.93 and follow all of the Release Notes with that file.
4. c. Enter 9 or 10 Digit Serial Number Located on bottom of receiver
4. d. Do Factory Default again
4. e. Patch Enable - F1 followed by 000
4. f. Turn box off from rear

5. a. Press and hold down the power button on the front of the box while turning back ON from the rear and wait till you see the word BOOT on the front display for 4 seconds then let go of power button.
5. b. Using a 9 PIN SERIAL CABLE (NOT an USB PORT), Load Factory Bin file Version 1.03.
5. c. Do Factory Default again
5 d. Turn box off from rear

6. a. Using USB PORT (or a 9 PIN SERIAL CABLE ), Load Bin file Version 2.27 and follow all of the Release Notes with that file.
6. b. Patch Enable - F1 followed by 000
6. c. Turn box off from rear and turn it after 30 seconds.

7. Load Saved Channel List or Setup Sats and Rescan
8. Exit out of menu.

Post Number: 2
Thanks for your help nalin. Where can i get Load Bin file Version 1.93 file? i have all the other files

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15175
CW800s files
[link removed]

CW800s Files-factory
[link removed]

CW800s Files - Loaders, manual, etc
[link removed]

CW800SV1.93_2008_10_16_Serial
[link removed]

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15176
All files are also available without registration at:

http://currentbins.com/ftafiles/

Post Number: 3
Nalin.. i was able to install factory bin 1.02 successfully then I am not able to follow any steps afterward. It just wont download the sw. Also when i start from the back wth my on button held on the front..it does not give me BOOT.. it only gave me that once.. what should i do?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15179
Download all required files and unzip them using winrar or winzip and extract them
in a same folder.

1)Connect your PC and receiver with twisted RS-232C Null modem cable.

2)Plug in the power supply cord of your receiver to the power source and leave
your receiver turned OFF.

3) You can load bin file using two methods 'boot' Mod and "Standby" Mod. If you want to load the software using "Standby" Mod go to #4. Standby Mod is recommended method to load bin file because it is faster and safe.

Here how you get into'boot'MOD:Hold power button on the front of the receiver and turn the power ON from the main power switch of the receiver. You will see a word 'boot' on the front LCD screen
of the receiver.

4)Turn receiver Off from the back and then ON the receiver; Once it has rebooted; now press "POWER" key on front of the receiver panel to bring it to standby, the LED display will display '- - : - -'.

5)Start Loader CW800SUpgradeV1.02.exe
Check if the right COM port is selected. Most of the time COM 1 is default.
Also make sure Download S/W is selected.

6)Press File Icon beside File Box and select the Latest bin file you downloaded from the Company website'CW800V1.XX_date.bin".
Now Press Open or Press Enter key on your keyboard to load file in your loader.

7)Now its time to start loading the software, Press Start button on the loader and the upgrade will begin.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us