Need help with dead Vizio p50hdtv

Username: Bossman9

Post Number: 1
Hello all...
The set will not power on. I hear relays click and the LED tries to light gree and the blinks between green and amber 10 times and then remains amber.

The history is as follows...
Set was purchased in late 2006 and has relatively few hours on it, We had some horrific lightning storms (Florida) and lost power, but I did not attempt to turn the TV on until a few days later. On the the day that I did try to turn it on, we had more horrific storms, but we did not lose power, however the cable company did lose the internet service to my area. I have since purchased a new TV and discovered that the HDMI out on the cable box no longer works (and it was hooked up to my dead TV).

I have researched these symptoms of the LED Blink, and most seem to point to the Sustain boards, however given the circumstances I think it may be a different scenario for my set.

Is it possible that the coaxial feed to the box gave it a shoot and passed it thru the HDMI port?? If so, what should I be looking for in the set when I open it up???

Any help is greatly appreciated, and please let me know if I need to provide more info...

BTW Set was on a surge protector that was never tripped during the storms, but idiot me did not have the Coaxial running thru a surge protector...

Thanks Bman
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us