Pansat 2700A Help Please

Username: Msas

Post Number: 1
I have download PL-2303 USB-To-Serial Vista Driver Installer. Driver loaded successfully. I have tried to download Bin 215 from GT Roam Loader v27.02. It says Can't open serial port, Last Error : The system can not find the file specified. Can anybody help me how to find the port or any other way to download the bin? Many Thanks in advance.

Post Number: 2
I am trying to load Bin 215 from Null Modem Cable. It has 9 Pin at 1 end and USB at 1 end. I am attaching 9 Pin end at the Receiver and USB end in the computer. It has Windows Vista operating system. Please help. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Mrgreg

Canada

Post Number: 392
You have to use a straight cable not a null to download your files.Also keep changing your port until you get the right one.

Post Number: 3
I have Pansat 2700 A Original Receiver. Will straight cable work? I thought it is work with Null Modem Cable 9 Pin Cable only. GT Roam Loader v27.02 has 4 Ports such as COM1, 2,3,4. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Joeturn

Post Number: 561
If memory serves?

The 2700a does require a null cable !

Set the V27.02 loader to com 1 and 11500 baud

Using winrar to open the file in documents ,then extract it to your documents , should get you going..

Bronze Member
Username: Brampton

Post Number: 40
msas
I had the same cable works some times only
go to device managaer properties advanced
and mannually assign port and cahnge the baud rate and shut of computer and box and try. hopefully it will work till u use another hardware
which uses the the same port u assigned for this
cable.
and then do the whole thing all over again.

Silver Member
Username: Bazuka2020

Post Number: 659
Nul Modem cable for sure

Bronze Member
Username: Tj07

Post Number: 54
I download file 215.1 for pansat 2700a but still not working please any buddy help me.

Post Number: 4
Hi joeturn/sam brampton, I used to have old Computer and I was able to download bins with no problem. That Computer has 9 pin slot to connect Null Modem Cable. In my new Computer, There is no 9 pin slot. I am novice in Computer. How do I go to device managaer properties to assign Port and change the Baud Rate? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Mzakcat

Post Number: 137
not completely familiar w/vista but most pc's right click my computer, properties, hardware tab, device manager, you should find ports there?

Silver Member

Post Number: 566
I dont use a new computer for loading and downloading files as you cant get rid of microsofts report an error!

After they realized the repair funtion in ie5.5 was giving the edge to conciel down loads and spy ware.They immediantly sent out ie 6 to oliminate this function!

xp and upwards take full adsvantage of IPv6 this was reccomended by the music industry so media center could keep track of cd pirates! This also works against sat piracy!!

However since soo many use the new catchya junk there is a download to suport the usb port! Also an adaptor for 232 to usb..

http://www.usbgear.com/USBG-232MINI.html

Post Number: 5
To look for Ports, I went to Windows Vista : Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager. But I can not found it. Can anybody help me where else can I find Ports? Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Brampton

Post Number: 41
rt click
properties
portsettings
advanced

Post Number: 6
From which screen should I right click?

Silver Member

Post Number: 612
you cant see the drop down windows with that option on the loader itself?

baud rate 115200

Post Number: 7
I have installed PL-2303 USB-to-Serial (Vista Driver Installer). Attached USB to Serial Cable and tried to download BIN 217 from GT Roam Loader v27.02 from Serial Port COM1, Baud Rate 115200. Unfortunetly, Loader shows as Downloading...But Data/File is not transferring to the Receiver.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 15169
Try this:

http://www.usglobalsat.com/download/546/win_drivers.zip

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15170
C/P from skyfiles.net.

Setting up the correct port:
Once you install the USB cable into your USB port, the system will detect it and most likely will assign a high comport number, most likely com4 or even com8. The software loaders for your receiver most likely use com1 through com4. You will need to know which comport your xp or vista operating system assigned and change it to COM1 or COM2, to do this, follow this simple procedure

click on start
click on control panel
click on classic view if you are in category view
click on system icon
click on hardware tab
click on device manager
click on the + sign next to comport to expand it
right click on the comport and select properties
click on advance
change the comport port to com1 or com2
click on ok all the way until you get out of all the windows

Post Number: 8
I have installed PL-2303 USB-to-Serial (Vista Driver Installer). Changed the comport port to COM1. Attached USB to Serial Cable and tried to download BIN 217 from GT Roam Loader v27.02 from Serial Port COM1, Baud Rate 115200. Unfortunetly, Loader shows as Downloading...But Data/File is not transferring to the Receiver. Maybe USB-to-Serial Cable has a problem? Please advice. Thanks

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15256
You may need a M/F null cable or adaptor if your USB-to-Serial converter is a straight one.
I would just get this item try it in series with your USB-to-Serial converter

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15257
Also note that Vista USB to serial is extremely slow. It can take up to 20 minutes to load a file that used to take 30 seconds.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us