Set 118.7 need help for setting

Silver Member
Username: Sandy12421

Post Number: 132
pls help me i want get 118.7 anik 2 but i dont know which dish nad lnb i need right now i point my dish 110 and 119 my quaction is can i scan 118.7 set,,, from same seting or i have to put new dish tx

Silver Member
Username: Joeturn

Post Number: 458
The ankster to your quaction is no you dont need a new dish.You only need to be sure the lnb type is set to standard 10750.

If you select 9/13 you wont have to change a thing just blindscan it will get everything between 118 and 121 but not anik 2 just what is loaded on anik 3..

Who thinks up all these quactions

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
tx for help but when i scan i cant get anik 3 chenal can u give me some more info for setting for scaning anik3 right now when i scan i can scan only 119 sett

Silver Member

Post Number: 460
Well then youde be a perfect candidate for tring this

Select 9/13 you wont have to change a thing just blindscan it will get everything between 118 and 121 ..

This includes everything that is loaded on anik 3

with the exception of Bell Express View
soon after the coders enable it you will be able to get BEV and Globecast at 118.41

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
wht is 9/13 i dont have this in setting and tell me pls what lnb setting

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 15108
sandy: Don't listen to joeturn. He is here to disrupt things.
YOU NEED AT LEAST A 30", PREFERRABLY A 33" DISH.
You also need a special LNB - cost about $20.
The direction is the same as Echo 7, 119W.

Where you buy is not a problem but for information, go to this URL
http://transatelectronics.com/store/33inch-dish-w-1187w-dual-lnb_P390?zenid=ba32 f44cb36591f36235863bf7703fd8

Theyu are also promoting a 24" dish but I do not recommend it. It might be OK for Toronto, but it is certainly smaller than recommended by Dish Network - The Dish Pro 500plus or 1000plus specs both call for a bigger dish.

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
tx nalin for your infromation i did everything to catch 118.7 but i cant but now i know tx for your help so if i wanna catch 118.7 i need 30" dish and specil lnb for this can u tell me what lnb i need for this tx nalin

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15109
The LNB sold by Transatelectronics is perfect.
another one is a CB2008a. You can buy a CB2008A from many places.

If you want to go the Dish route - you can get a full kit for over $100, but I recommend that the kit sold by Transat is excellent. I have seen it in use many a time.

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
i have to buy this lnd tx nalin

Silver Member

Post Number: 461
You should follow my advise before you waiste your money unless you have more dollars than cents$.If so you can listen to the salesperson(nalin)she was sent here to herd the sheeple into a buying freenzy

leave that spelling alone rico pun
was intended

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15110
http://www.phatsatellite.com/
They are located in California but have a Houston Pickup. They have a CB2008a advertised.
Sadoun.com is a reputable online store in Ohio.
You can try ebay - they always have the 33' dish and CB2008A LNB advertised.
Transatelectronic will ship to you anywhere in North america.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15111
Sandy: You will NOT get 118.7 without a special LNB. Just read what is written in this forum and other forums about Anik F3.
Also remember that 118.7 carries mostly Internationals, and they are mostly gone over to N3 encryption.

Silver Member

Post Number: 462
I get it with this one!!

I have to use a channel master multiswitch model # 69041FD be cause the old LNBs depended on a voltage change 13/18 volts!! This is the same thing as you are pushing her on !

It is stil a vertical port and a horrizontal port lnb ..Your new technology did "nothing" to this LNB but rename it to circula(h)r linear(v)I just popped it out of its shell so it would fit my lnb yoke!!

http://www.dishexperts.net/b2c/product_info.php?products_id=60

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 9239
Sandy

joeBlow is a troublemaker who post bogus info, he is on border to be ban from Ecoustics.

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 2848
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 463
Plymouth you cant find any thing I have posted to be bogus

Gold Member

Post Number: 2849
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 2850
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 9241
I get it with this one!!

I have to use a channel master multiswitch model # 69041FD be cause the old LNBs depended on a voltage change 13/18 volts!! This is the same thing as you are pushing her on !

It is stil a vertical port and a horrizontal port lnb ..Your new technology did "nothing" to this LNB but rename it to circula(h)r linear(v)I just popped it out of its shell so it would fit my lnb yoke!!

EASY YOUR LAST POST IS A BOGUS INFO!

We have discussed on it and you seems not understand,you can modified a Circular for Get Linear but you will lose many db and you can't modified a linear for get Circular.

Newbies can't do this modif!

RIGHT!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15113
joeturn is living bygone days of hobbyists playing around with equipment and modifying.
The LNB needed is about $15-25 and available freely at ebay etc.

Silver Member

Post Number: 464
no thats all true now to correct you in you high level discussion You can modify linear to become horizontal and vise versi

However my LNB of 10 years age still gets it all without any modification!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15114
joeturn : GET LOST.
Go and teach you child how to ride bike,
but GET OFF THIS THREAD.

You don't know anything about the special LNB requirements of Anik F3.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2851
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 2853

Silver Member

Post Number: 466
I understand it only requires vertical polarity and thats why it must be set to 10750..

If any setting requires 11250 then it requires the extra voltage for horrizontal polarity..

The new so called circular lnbs will get both frequencies/polarities and since the transponder produces both polarities at once there is no need for a special lnb.Just a setting change!!

Its all sales fodder backed up with tecnobabble$$

Now Go Fish
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us