K-Box Explained

Silver Member
Username: Nassa

Post Number: 103
Can someone explain the K-box for me? Why there are two different things, the hub and the box? And if i buy it all i have to do is plug it in to the internet? Does it always have to be connected to the internet? Is there any place i can buy it near toronto, or a good place online?

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 4826
Naasa kbox (k1plus) is a fta rec like viewsat/sonic view ,it comes with hub, u can connect the hub to back of rec, hub has port for network cable so that u can connect ur network cable from ur router
to khub, and watch tv from there, note u don't need to turn on computer etc, u just need constant internet connection, neither do it takes any load from ur internet,
k1plus has option of standalone/iks,
but due to nagra 3 situation, u have to use iks, if u wanna watch international.
for nagra 2 channel u can still use standalone , switching b.w standalone and iks is by simply through the remote, again for now u have to use iks but once nagra 3 is cracked u can simply switch to standalone)
good place to buy/official dealer/awesome customer service is transat electronic.

Silver Member
Username: Kingofdakingz

Post Number: 419
sada bro is there any risk of this kbox receiver when u connect to the internet because i might get receiver like that but i've seen u have nfusion so u tell me whcih one is good thanks alot in advance bro :-)

Silver Member
Username: Riconissan

Post Number: 884
sada,
This may be the question the members are trying to ask.

"Does the internet connection have to be constant? Does the box lose all international channels immediately when it loses internet connection or does it update periodically?"
J

Gold Member

Post Number: 4828
lakh lots of fta companies already switched to iks,these are nfusion,k1plus,captiwework,captain,
and sonicview are releasing i hub and more likely viewsat will release similar device, so u are in good hands,

lakh /naada i explained lots of stuff in this thread good to read
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/565983.html

sada
Gold Member

Post Number: 4693
Registered: Oct-07 Posted on Monday, April 27, 2009 - 01:22 am:

well k1plus is better..
if u look at few things..
it has pvr, + option of standalone ( i mean with these nagra 3 channels u have to use iks) but once nagra 3 is crack, then will allow standalone bin, so u don't have to use iks all the time,
nfusion have lack of usb/pvr, so for hd u have to spend 400-500 ,
also pic quality is better on k1plus,
i..
so v-- nfsuion will get those channels likely but i think it will create them for a demand of pvr model within $ 200 budget..
also it will take some load from nfusion server once people swith to k1plus lol..
it is always good to have competition,
don't u think..

rico yes internet connection have to be constant in order to make the rec work,
i wil explain u this way, almost all international channels are on nagra 3 so i need to use iks,
but there are two channels sab/ndtv, that are on nagra 2 along setanta sports that i like, i can switch to standalone and still watch these 2-3 channels and i can watch it with iks too,
but all other international channels must need internet connection to make it work,
so in short
internet is required for all internationals channel (nagra 3 channels)
internet is not requires for for nagra 2 channels (example are sab tv, ndtv imagine)..
note u can still watch these two channel with iks too,

Gold Member

Post Number: 4829
the other thing i noticed today rico is that iks was up, there was green light to hub
but internationals were down in the morning which was wierd to me,

Silver Member

Post Number: 886
sada,
Your last post poses a problem for me.

Subs can get N3 and IKS gets N3... "most of the time" N2 is up unless there is a ECM and everyone knows N2 is down and they know the reason it is down because we find a fix quickly. I do not like the fact that IKS loses N3 with no explanation. I do not buy into "server problems" I believe it is a countermeasure that seems to be happening more frequently without a true conclusion as to why it has happened.
J

Gold Member

Post Number: 4830
yes rico that could be vaild reaosn,

Silver Member

Post Number: 420
is there any brandwidth usage? does it take any memory from the internet cuz i have 60gb limit every month

Silver Member

Post Number: 421
oh i think u said it that it dont take any load of the internet :P

but i am getting the kbox next week and should i just buy like that or i need the k-hub as well ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4835
yes u are right
i never heard any problem regarding bandwitch using,
following nfusion for 1 yr and k1plus,
so don't worry about bandwitch uses,
i use 3 laptop , 1 desktop two rec (k1plus and nfusion)..
+ i download movies etc,

so no worries,
and just a note they just released new bin and check my other thread more good news will be comming next week regarding international,
i

Gold Member

Post Number: 4836
u need khub as well i know u wanna watch indian channels so khub is must to watch those channels..

Silver Member

Post Number: 422
thanks alot bro appreciated

Gold Member

Post Number: 4837
u are welcome lakh ji,

Bronze Member
Username: Danny07

Post Number: 17
Hi Sada, Can I watch south asian channels on Kbox K1 plus without the hub?
Is there any way
thanks in advance

Gold Member

Post Number: 4841
no dany u must need a hub and internet connection (from ur router ) to watch southasian channel,
there is no way around it,
once nagra 3 is crack ( its already 4-5 months for bev now and who knows when it will be cracked) then u can watch it without hub ,
right now hub is only option

Silver Member
Username: Sjain80

Post Number: 154
hi
I have read about this kbox and nfusion and have a question. I know both these boxes need internet connection to work. but do these boxes have wireless connection option. I have internet set up in my work room and nothing is near my TV. I did some research at trans electric website and they are selling those network adapter. can anyone plz explain how those adapter works..thanks for the help..

Gold Member

Post Number: 4855
shawn i am quite fimilar with network/ ethernet adpater,
i use it for my iks box,
very easy to use,
sometimes i use it on my laptop if i need to download stuff etc,
ok here how they work
u plug one end in to ur router,
only two cables one offcourse goes to electric outlet, 2nd network cable goes back port of ur router,
now the innovative part take ur 2nd /3rd ( mostly comes with a pair u offcouse need two ).
so 2nd adapter u can plug in to any electric oulet ,upstairs in bedroom, etc and put the network cable to ur destop computer/ ur playstation/ ur fta rec any where u want and u have good internet connection,
now faster the speed its always better,
i currently use zyxel adapter with 85 mbps,
they are working good,
h0pefully i explained what u asked for,

Bronze Member
Username: Pegg

Post Number: 68
Do we need unlimited bandwidth for Kbox or a bandwidth of 10-20GB with sympatico is suffice? Are we getting all Pakistani and Indian channels through Kbox with hub?

Silver Member
Username: Sjain80

Post Number: 155
hey sada, thanks a lot for your explanation..have few others questions..you said you are testing K1plus right now.. will it work on 61.5 or sould I change my 119(have individual 119 and 110 lnb on dish) lnb and install that dual cirular lnb that gets both 118.7 and 119. also, you think k1 plus is good investment or not. I mean I am willing to spend 200 if it will last longer than my viewsat pvr..lol...thanks for the information

Gold Member

Post Number: 4862
yes k1plus is up on both 61.5 and 118.7 ,
k1plus is good invesement for international channels,

Username: Amarsingh

Dallas , TX

Post Number: 1
Ok I got all I need to know about Kbox. Thanks Sada but I have Viewsat Pro, Pansat, DVB Card and now Nfusion Soloris and don't really want to buy another box. I only need so many door stoppers.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4881
bob singh everyone's situation is different,
i don't work for k1plus,nfusion or anything else,
like you yes i had microyal 2000 (u probably didn't know about it , used to be best box),clone koolsat, then koolsat 6100, nfusion and k1plus now,
well i didn't know which rec is to buy for new customer or those who are tired of listening to people who wanna sell their box to make profit,
so far nfusion and k1plus gave me something to watch during these last three months to make me happy,
and as i always say we are watching it for free,
so providers are doing everything to stop us,

Dallas , TX

Post Number: 2
Yes Sada I been in this game since DTV H Card days and have played with lot of stuff and keeps changing all the time some time it's hard to keep up with it. You are right if you get few months out of it it's worth it. I don't really care for PPV or Adult just Cricket, Western, CNN, CBC, City TV Omni, Vision TV and some DN indian for my wife to keep he accupied.

Silver Member

Post Number: 941
Bob Singh,
It would be wise to wait a few weeks to see how dependable K1 and Nfusion will be. Luckily Viewsat has been staying up just without the internationals.

Dallas , TX

Post Number: 3
Well Rico it's too late. I already bought Nfusion Solaris 2 weeks ago and can only wait to see what happens next.

Dallas , TX

Post Number: 4
I am really wishing for Viewsat Team to realease something soon I love Viewsat Pro with PVR.

Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 946
Good luck Bob,
We are all working for the best solutions. I am going to gamble and wait for Viewsat. Yo may have made the right move. Time will tell.

Bronze Member
Username: Adam_paul

Post Number: 32
I read all these post on K-box. Question I have is simple and may I read too fast and did not caught on any discussion. The K-box w/hub, will that work wireleslly also OR you have to run it with hardwired?

Silver Member

Post Number: 975
Adam paul
It can connect to a wireless router.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4902
adam two ways if ur tv is close to ur router than simply as rico suggested, (doesn't matter if u have wireless or wired router) if its too far, and u don't want network cable, then this,
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=1734439#POST1734439
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us