Viewsat Ultra missing 119

Bronze Member
Username: Bowgator

Post Number: 29
I have a Viewsat Ultra and after this last ecm I can not pick up anything on 119? Is anyone else having this problem? I thought it might have been a dish pointing problem but I was getting 119 then it just went out. I was going to load a factory bin and try to blind scan again but I know this would take a couple of hours. Can someone please help?

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 9005
Rich

Check your satellite setup, sometimes with a ne bin you can lose your settings.

LNB Type: OCS-DP for Dp LNB or standard
LNB Freq: 11250
Diseq switch: port 1

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
I did change the LNB Freq many times but I am not getting quality on any setting. Sometimes the quality will flicker to 100% and back to 0% rappidly. But about 2 weeks ago I was getting all of 119 and 110 now I just get 110? Do you think it could be a dish pointing issue?

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 9006
Rich

It look like a switch problem or a bad cable.

Try a new switch or new cable.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
I will try and replace both of them today, thanks for your help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Ok I did what you said and still nothing from 119. Can you please help?

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 9026
Rich

Do a factory default then go to viewsatusa.com and load this 2 files in your receiver:

Factory bin:
[link removed]

Satellite Info:
[link removed]

And the latest bin:
http://currentbins.com/viewsat/Ultra/

Now rescan your satellites and back with the result.

Note your receiver will come like a brand new satellite with it.

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 3165
like plymouth said, most likely it is ur antenna settings.
make SURE both sats are set up correctly
if 110 isnt right, it can mess up 119
what are ur ant settings?
exactly!
if u have a dishpro, u wont have a diseqc switch, and if u are getting 110, i doubt its the cable. has to be the settings

Gold Member

Post Number: 3168
or just need to be kick started with the factory bin like he said...

Silver Member
Username: Joeturn

Post Number: 298
Did you try to scan 9/13? It wont show a quality till after the blind scan as the transponder frequency is not an active one!

Silver Member
Username: Riconissan

Post Number: 761
It certainly could be a corroded cable. 110 has a stronger signal than 119.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3169
in about 1 out of 300 cases it could be a bad cable sure. it is possible, but certainly not probable! i would not waste my time with that. it is something else. joe may be on to something although i have never done a blind scan ever. and the default tp 12224 will show 0 signal on 119. 12239 will show it tho. keep on it and u will get it rich.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 9030
dantetn

You are right!

My error, 12224 is a Noth west Tp which i can get with strong signal.

Rich try Tp Freq: on 12239, this Tp is you for all USA and Canada.

Sorry

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 9033
Rich

Tp 12239 seems to be down this morning, try 12486

Silver Member

Post Number: 302
I was going to load a factory bin and try to blind scan again but I know this would take a couple of hours. Can someone please help?

I'm sorry to hear you are dyslexic dont do the factory bin thats whats taking you soooo long<I;-)

BLIND SCAN ensures ACTIVE transponders where as the regular scan is a preprogrammed scan for specific transponders.

The only draw back is you might need to blind scan a few minutes before a prime event to find the new transponder!!

Try it you'll like it!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
ok everyone thanks for your help, I got most of the channels working. Now my wife is really mad because I lost her channel 841 colombia. I do get sig and quality but it says no auto or video. Can someone please help with this?

Bronze Member
Username: Papi_suave

Post Number: 13
Ya tell her to go to bed and quit whining

Gold Member

Post Number: 3183
what was ur problem rich?

Silver Member

Post Number: 866
lost her channel 841 colombia.

Silver Member

Post Number: 867
Probably a corroded connection.
Just jerking your chain dantetn.
we may never know the answer but thanks for your advice.

Silver Member

Post Number: 420
Hind site is 20/20.

I posted this in a thread labled "Plymouth" in a round a bout way but here it is again..

Now wouldn't it be a Godsend if whoever is posting the new files would not scan the sats in order to make it easier ,so noone would have to do a new scan!

The scans are putting stored imformation off the scanners set up and this is corrupting the users file!

It took me a couple of hours to find out why my regular stuff was not loaded!!

Then a rescan proved inatiquate as the scanners imformation was not the best for me .

Please dont scan first as your attempt to make it easier on me is killing everyone!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
Rico, I have put new cables so I know the connections are good. I get all the channels I want but my wife wants 841. I was getting it before and now just no audio / no video. Can you help?

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 9211
Rich

List the name of this channel because i'm not anle to found it on Lyngsat.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
Plymouth
841 is the colombia channel, my wife is really po and she thinks I made the sat do a no audio no video because it is the only channel she likes to watch.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 9212
Rich
I don't have this channel in my box and can't found anything on lyngsat.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Check this out

DISH Network To Offer TV COLOMBIA In DISH Latino Spanish-Language TV Packages
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 4, 2004--EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) announced
today that its DISH Networkwill add TV COLOMBIA to its Spanish-language, DISH Latino programming packages on Feb. 11.
TV COLOMBIA, an alliance between renowned Colombian TV channels RCN Television and CityTV from Casa Editorial El
Tiempo, will be available on channel 841 nationwide in the DISH Latino, DISH Latino Dos and DISH Latino Max programming
packages.
TV COLOMBIA offers over 13 hours of live, originally produced Colombian programming each day with top rated series, up-tothe-
minute news and live shows direct from Colombia. It also features one live soccer game every weekend from the Colombian
National Soccer Tournament for sports fans. The channel broadcasts RCN Television's top rated, newscasts, "novellas," series
and shows such as Juan Joyita, La Noche, Yo, Jose Gabriel, El Informante, Muy Buenos Dias and Noticias RCN as well original
programs from City TV like Mujeres en Linea, Vive Bien, Lunes Deportivos and Sin Cedula.
"We are pleased to be the first to offer TV COLOMBIA in the United States on a nationwide platform," said Michael Schwimmer,
senior vice president of Programming at EchoStar. "TV COLOMBIA complements DISH Network's expansive lineup of
programming for Latinos and brings top quality Colombian programming into the homes of Hispanics across the United States."
"The channel's strength is that we managed to combine Colombia's top rated programming from RCN and CityTV with
Colombian Soccer to bring to the market a complete channel featuring live newscasts, shows and programs appealing to
Colombians and other Latin groups alike," says Sofia Herrera, vice president of Sales & Marketing for TV COLOMBIA.
About EchoStar
EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) is the owner of DISH Network, the fastest growing U.S. provider of
satellite television entertainment services with 9 million customers. DISH Network delivers advanced digital satellite television
services, including hundreds of video and audio channels, Interactive TV, digital video recording, HDTV, sports and
international programming, professional installation and 24-hour customer service. Visit EchoStar's DISH Network at
www.dishnetwork.com or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474).
About TV Colombia
TV Colombia offers programming for the entire family, 24 hours each day, seven days per week. The channel offers the best of
Colombian programming produced by leading media in the country; CITYTV, creator of popular novelty programming in
Bogota; RCN Television, the audience leader in the news category, internationally acclaimed opinion shows and soap operas;
and editorial support from Casa Editorial El Tiempo, the country's daily newspaper with the largest circulation in Colombia and
Latin America. For additional information visit us at www.tvcolombia.com.
Marc Lumpkin, 303-723-2020
SOURCE:

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 9213
OK Rich

I found it:

TV Columbia: Echo 10 #841 Tp 12297 20000 H 5/6 v4898 a4899 p4898

Do a Tp scan or put the PID manualy

Instruction for put PID in Viewsat:

go in channel scan , arrow up then Ok then select the good Tp and with F4 on remote enter 3 pid numbers then OK then Exit.

The channels added are called Userchan-0,1,2,3,.

You can rename this channel in Channels organization

You can use new loader with channel Editor for add channels, available at viewsatusa.com

Silver Member
Username: Wakenbake

Post Number: 407
TV Columbia = N3, therefore no audio or video with the viewsat.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 9215
Wakenbake

Is it new?

Silver Member
Username: Wakenbake

Post Number: 408
I don't know, the channel has always been there, A recent N3 list has it listed as N3

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 9216
OK thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 437
can you carry your cables back for a refund claiming you were il-advised?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
I will try thanks for your help, I will let my wife know that her channel went to N3
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us