DLP goes blank or freezes with white pixels...

Username: Big_d_z

Post Number: 1
I have a Samsung HLN617WX/XAA DLP TV. For about the past month, after startup the TV has either 1) gone blank with no picture or 2) freeze with a scattered set of white pixels. The frozen images of white pixels changes to whatever is displayed last (actually, its not completely frozen, if I stare long enough, I see pixels change state, either to black or white).

Here's an example of a "frozen" state:

Upload

Upload

I've tested this with DVI input and an analog input antenna-a. When it does go blank/frozen, I still get sound. I also get no blinking light indication of an issue. The power button on the remote does work to allow me to turn it off. I can change analog channels, change volume but no display works, i.e. menu, tv/video, pip, etc.

I've taken the back cover off and have verified that all 3 fans are working, the lamp is working and have used an C02 can to clear out any dust build-up.

Any suggestions?

Username: Jhenley

Hey Brandon, I have the same TV and now I am seeing the same problem recently. Exactly the same. Did you ever find out how to fix it? Is it the color wheel or the DMD board that needs replacing?

Bronze Member
Username: Tphanich

San Diego, CA US

Post Number: 17
It definitely looks like a DMD board issue where the color wheel and the DMD chips aren't communicating causing the gray-scale image instead of a color image. As far as the pixels turning on and off, that's the micro-mirror tilting at the wrong frequency. The faster they tilt, the lighter the pixel. The slower they tilt back and fourth, the darker the pixel.

Username: Hiff29

can i just repair the dmd board, and what do components do i have to change?
mine does same thing, looks just like the pic posted above?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us