Would DTV receiver work for DISH?

ez one
Unregistered guest
I'm about to give up on waiting for this P4 miracle.

So, i'm wondering if I can use my DTV receiver for DISH? that way, i'll just buy the card. If can't be use, would anyone know where I can get a receiver for cheap?

Bronze Member
Username: Pawnmaster

Canada

Post Number: 69
No you cant, you can use the dish itself though so you just need a reciever. There are people believe it of not working on the 2 RCA recievers, the 420RE and the 440RE, which are jtagable, but aside from taking huge ammounts of time to do, and having to replace parts and components inside, it will never be a feasable set-up, not when you can buy them on EBay for $100 (look for one that says "number on the bottom" or "strange writing" or somthing like that, it means the BoxKeys have already been read and written down!)

Bronze Member
Username: Learning

Post Number: 13
question, if you have a ird with the boxkey numbers on them, then you dont have to jtag it? and if you bought one like this{with numbers on it} would it work with any open card?

nica12
Unregistered guest
i lvie in miami and have an p4 i'm just waiting for it to be ready to get programmed and when it does happen can i program it with the same loader i programed my hu card
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us