Is the picture quality equal with all progressive Scan DVD players?

Username: Hdtviewer

Post Number: 1
I am looking to buy a new Progressive Scan DVD player. There are many differnt options from about 89 bucks to 800 or more. I know the more expensive modles have more features but do they produce a better picture quality?

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: 514329

Post Number: 11
try the Sony ES 5 disc and the Denon 2200 and play The Gladiator chapter 14 (scene were sister is preparing tonic drink for Comudus) and there is a layer change (pauses for a few seconds) on the Sony and non on the Denon. chapter 15 (arena battle) and watch the backround arena how they keep on jiggling specially the walls on the Sony, like it keeps on refocusing while almost solid on the Denon.

Username: Hdtviewer

Post Number: 3
Interesting.....I will have to take your word on it since I don't own either of those. I was just pretty confident that Sony put out one of the best products. What would cause that?

Bronze Member
Username: 514329

Post Number: 12
the Sony dvd was to be paired w/ my 70XBR950 that I order w/c my wife requested (unfortunately I have to exchange the 70" too to a proj. bec of dead pixels that keeps on spreading every week) but no matter what adjustment I did the the video on the sony dvd, it just don,t do well in progressive mode. even the regular pioneer from best buy (can't remember the model, it's the one w/ DVD-A and SACD) can beat it hands down on progressive mode. I brought it back just to make sure that mine wasn't defective and they tried it on another unit w/c came up w/ the same result. if u watch it in a smaller screen, u might miss it but on a larger screen, you'll get dizzy. try to notice the skull on the bottom left side of the screen on chapter 7 when Maximus is about to be executed, see how it jiggles on other players. good luck!!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us