Philips does not stand behind their products

Username: Smhaugh

Maiden, NC USA

Post Number: 1
Anyone that is considering the purchase of a Philips product needs to know what I have gone through over the past 5 weeks. My Philips plasma TV had a defective power supply. It was a gift and I could not produce a receipt but Philips customer service told me that the TV was under warranty and sent me to their authorized repair center 60+ miles away. The service center told me that they did not get authorization from Philips and I would have to call them again. I did and was told that the TV was not covered because I was not the original owner. I got an estimate from the service center and the tech told me that the manufacture date of the TV was only 8 month ago so it should be under warranty even without a receipt. So I told them to fix it and I called Philips and told them this. At this time I was told that the TV was under warranty, so I told the service center to go ahead with the repairs. When it came time to pick up the set I was told that the repairs were not covered so I called Philips again and was told that they were not legally obligated to pay for the repair so they were not going to. Even though their product was defective they refused to take responsibility for their poor workmanship. Even though they had told me on two occasions that the repairs would be covered, they refused.
If you are shopping for any electronics, you need to know that Philips will not stand behind their products. Weasel is the only word that fits here. Philips will do whatever they can to weasel out of their obligations when it comes to repairing the defective crap that they are pushing out.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 648
I had a bad experience with Sony. I bought a 34XBR960. The screen began to peel and I called Sony. They sent a Service center and I was told that it had be my fault and that must have wiped it with a chemical. The problem got worse and I called again, Sony sent different Tech that said it was a known problem and should be covered. But sony stayed with the first techs report and refuse to fix it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us