Ticked off at Gateway

Username: Wild_wild_west

Post Number: 1
Just bought a Gateway 56 inch DLP rear projection TV 4 months ago from a gateway store. It has 400 hours on it. The lamp just blew. Gateway has a 90 day lamp warranty and will not buldge. Looking for a better price on the lamp than Gateway. They want $400. (Philips E-23 UHP 100 Watt 1.3)

Then when I am already mad I see that they just dropped their price $500. The lamp is rated at 6,000 hours and I got 400 out of it. Very poor attitude, won't keep my business.

I feel like I am out $900 for 4 months of use. Other than that, I loved it...

Bronze Member
Username: Martini

Post Number: 28
That's why Gateway will probably be gone within the year. Dell will soon become the monopoly of Personal Computers

Username: Mprice

Post Number: 2
The elimination of Gateway would give Dell a significant edge as an online retailer for personal computers, but to say they'd have a "monopoly" in the personal computing industry is a bit much. What about HP, IBM, Apple, & Sony?

Regarding the lamp, I've noticed that a number of retailers offering extended warranties actually cover the lamp burning out as well, and in most cases, the extended warranty is less than the lamp....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us