Archive through May 31, 2008

Username: Deadman71

Post Number: 5
I don't normally do this but my house is in bad need of getting cleaned out from all the boards vizio has sent me. I am a repair tech that does warranty work for Vizio and I have so many left that were never used that I just need to start getting rid of them. Contact me if you are in need of any boards or other parts.

Username: Echo

Post Number: 1
Hello, I am looking for the vizio plasma and lcd tv parts. Let me know what you got and I can get them from you. Thanks.

Username: Kudzuvi

i might need one-- but i'm not sure! being a repair tech, maybe you could help diagnose, and help me source the parts i need!

bought a refurb vizio vx37l from pcconnection.com in 7/07. worked fine with digital cable, ps2, wii, and dvd player till recently.

the tv has video issues, with all inputs. no matter what input is used [cable, dvd, game console, or even while selecting between the inputs], the image gets [mostly] green, [but often red, and bright blue] sparkles, mainly in the darkest areas of the picture. sometimes, it's only a faint haze of these colors, and sometimes the entire picture is nothing but bright, hi-liter colors. other times, the picture's fine. sometimes for an hour, sometimes 30 seconds at a time.

interestingly also, when i switch between inputs, it'll have an all-yellow screen while switching, but then once the tv realizes there's no signal, it'll go to all-blue

all settings are normal, it isnt on 100% color and 100% contrast or anything odd. resetting all settings to stock doesn't help, turning on and off again doesn't help, and pulling the plug and letting the set return to room temp doesn't help. as mentioned, it happens with all inputs, and even pip shows two inputs, both 'inverted'-looking.

is there any simple explanation of what is happening here, and anything that can be done?? obviously with a refurb, it's beyond its 90 days. i have searched for any similar issues [with vizio or not] and found nothing online!

thanks for any help!

Username: Glennzo

Dale, any idea where I can get the screen for a VX37? Rest of the TV is good. Screen is cracked.

Post Number: 6
Ok all, thanks for visiting my discussion, secondly, I have boards for all sizes of Vizio units, both LCD and Plasma. I usually have in stock both sus boards, DTV boards, and power boards along with minor boards like the remote board and also some speaker sets for certain models.

This will help you Echo

TedC, Your problem lies in the DTV board, its not that uncommon of a problem. These boards go out regularly due to the excessive heat they are subjected to. Yes I have those in stock as well, just have to give me the set of 12 numbers off your board so I can match the part if you want to purchase one from me. The numbers will be in a sequence like this 0000-0000-0000. You can email me directly if you need the board.

Glenn, there are only a couple companies out there that have replacement screens, one is AmTram, ITI, or Vance Baldwin Electronics. Those are the only ones I know of to get parts for these units, but be ready to pay a heafty price for a screen.

Post Number: 2
Hello Dale, thank you for your responded.

Currently I am looking for some vizio L32 main boards. I also have some vizio L37 tv's and they randomly shutdown say 5-10 minute after the units are power on. Now a random shutdown of this tv is it as a result of a main board failure or the back light controller board problem? Dale, do you also know any thing about those Vizio P50HDM plasma? I got some units here they do power up but no picture, black screen only. I can see some green light keep flashing on the main board but don't know what it mean unless I have a troubleshooting guide or a schematic. Please let me know if you can help and what is your email. Thank you.

Echo W.

Post Number: 7
Well Echo, lets address one at a time here.

The L32 main boards I do have, let me know what board numbers you need so I can let you know how many I have on hand.

The L37 shut down due to a power board issue. This can be resolved by replacing those boards alone.

Now, the P50HDM problem is the DTV board, or they are also called the tuner board by other companies. These are the boards that all your external components connect to. To be safe I would if you can get your hands on the boards replace the power board as well. If you are not wanting to spend that kind of money to replace both boards, start with the DTV board and then the power board IF NEEDED.

Post Number: 3
Hello Dale, The Vizio LCD L32 main board I am looking for labeled as 0171-2242-1794 and this # appears on the pc board. However there is another # on a sticker with the board and it says 3320-0032-0150 257W20403 (4). Let me know you have it available and how much will you sell it.

Now, on the L37 random shut down issue and you suggested me to look into the power supply. As an electronic tech I can troubleshoot and replace electronic components. Would you happen to have a schematic for the L37 available? Thank you for your help.

Echo W.

Post Number: 8
The 3320-0032-0150 is the correct number for those units. I do have 2 of those on hand. As for the schematic, I am sorry but even us Vizio tech's can't get ahold of a true schematic from Vizio. The only thing we can get is service manuals and there is no schematics in them. Now as far as price for the DTV board its right around 198 I don't charge shipping to the main land US so I sure hope this will help you.

For future references is really does not matter what size unit you have, the DTV boards are all the same price, the only price changes we find are with the sustaining boards and the power boards.

Username: Harborc

Spring Hill, Florida USA

Dale, I might be needing a main board for a Vizio P50HDM # 3850-0022-0150 Any chance you have one? I have a PS board on the way, (which I know is toast) but I'm thinking it may have taken the main board with it when it went. If you would let me know I'd appreciate it Thanks!

Post Number: 9
Yes I have 2 of the 3850-0022-0150 boards. Just send me a private message when you need it.

Post Number: 10
WOW, I never realized just how many people out there have vizio units. I guess the commercials are working great for the company. But anyhow this is an update to let people know what parts I have left since I started this thread, but please bear in mind that I get parts all the time so this list will change soon. Here are the part numbers to the boards I have on hand at this moment.

3850-0022-0150
3850-0042-0150
3850-0012-0187
3860-0032-0150 (3A)
AAX32352701
AAX32352702
AAX32352703

As you can tell by the numbers, most of these boards are for 47-60" televisions. I also have a brand new set of speakers for the bottom of the 47" units. the AAX boards are for a 60" plasma and are the main and secondary power boards.
I will keep you all updated with parts lists as new ones arrive and are not used elsewhere.

Username: Timwat

Dale:

Just sent you private message regarding a "separator" board for a P50HDM. don't have a part number but hoping you can identify from this description.

Tim

Username: Warelolo

Irvine, CA

Dale,
I have a Vizio VX32L tv that will not power on. The amber led light is on but when the power button is pressed nothing happens. I have been reading that this is common problem for vizio. Do you know what part if faulty and if so do you have a replacement? Do I need to provide a number of the board? Email me and let me know, thanks.

Username: Joeymole

Hi Dale,
I wish you were my neighbor (lol)
I have this vizio l32 is it hd ?
also I sent you the part # I bought this on ebay and the guy said it appeared like someone was holding down the volume control he said he tried to repair but thinks he broke some small pieces on system board ? does this guy sound like he knows what he is talking about ? thanks you are the mcguyer of vizio !!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Victor,
Your problem is the DTV main board, this is a common problem and as you can see a lot of units and problems are controlled by the DTV board, so its the one that is replaced the most. I do not have any boards at this time for the 32" units. But again that can change at any moment.

Joseph,
Well the board that WAS actually bad in that unit would have been the IFR board ( it is the infra red remote board ) Those rarely go out, but I have seen it happen a couple times. But now that he has taken it apart and tried to either fix it or just figure it out, he has broken the DTV board as well. If you bought it on ebay, I would suggest trying to get your money back or at least have a good chunk of it refunded due to not being as described.

Username: Hdhound

Dale - You are quite the popular Vizio man.

Heres my question, I have a 37" LCD Vizio 2006 model.
The installer used a mounting system that was too wek and the TV
crashed to the floor when i was at work. It doesnt look damaged just a scuff or two. But the Unit will not power on, no orange (standby) or green led.

Do you think this is worth repairing?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
First of all, the chances of the screen being cracked is about 97%, if its not then you have an angel on your shoulders. Now as far as not powering on at all with no amber light, I suggest taking the unit and sitting it on the floor. Have someone help you rotate it while it is sitting in the upright position. While you are rotating it listen closely to see if you hear anything move on the inside, and for God's sake DON'T DROP IT. Now if you don't hear anything, then lay the unit on its front and proceed to take the back off the unit. Once you have the back off, check all the connections and also look for any kind of burn marks on the boards. Namely the power board and the main board. Now if all still seems well then your problem is the screen its self. I hate to say that, but if thats the case, I suggest putting the unit on Ebay, or selling the boards here. If I was you though, I would bring a small claims lawsuit against the installer first and foremost because they are liable for the install and have insurance to cover things like this. DO NOT LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT. I do all sorts of installs and repairs and my behind is on the line with each one of those I do.

Thanks for the advice. I Opened it up, checked the connections (all of the tiny ribbon cables with black tape on them) and I couldnt find any loose. And the LCD is not cracked at all, or the frame, so i guess I am lucky.

I called Vizio this morning and set up an in-house repair.

Username: Imallin

Hey Dale, I also have the same problem with a Vizio L32, with the light just staying amber and not turning on. Do you happen to have any boards that will fix this problem? If not can you get them, and how much? Appreciate it.

HI DALE,
THIS IS IN REGARDS TO THE L32 VIZIO I BOUGHT ON EBAY. HE TOLD ME JUST KKEP IT FOR FREE. I DID TAKE THE BACK OF THE UNIT OFF AND HE HAS A STICKER ON A BOARD (0171-2242-1794) THIS IS THE BOARD THAT WORKS THE VOLUME AND IT IS BAD> I DISCONNECTED THE INFARED BOARD AND THE VOLUME BUTTON STILL SHOWS ON SCREEN AT A FULL 100 MAX. ANY IDEA'S IS THIS THE ONLY BOARD THAT CAN BE THE PROBLEM ? THANKS DUDE

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Its to bad that I don't get more service calls for the smaller units. I could make a lot of money if I did, but the smallest I have boards for is the 47" right now. How ever, here is a site for all those people that don't want to wait on Vizio or me to come up with some boards for your units. Vance Baldwin Electronicshttp://vancebaldwin.com/

I suggest just calling them and talking to them about your specific board needs. They are the cheapest I have found for regular people to get replacement parts. I sure hope this will help you locating those boards that I don't have.

George, please keep us posted here about your repair, I am curious to see if Vizio will be able to fix this problem after your unit dropping to the floor.

Ok Joseph, the main tuner board is most likely bad also known as the DTV board, I don't have any for the L32, try the link above.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
For any one that has a cracked or broken screen, I have some really bad news for you. I just spoke with a wholesale supplier about them and believe it or not, they cost more than the television does brand new. Example, a L32 unit, the screen is 875.50 plus a 913.74 core deposit. Even though you would get the deposit back, the initial charge is more than that unit cost brand new. Yes its UNREAL and shouldn't be that way, but hey we are just the consumers right? WRONG we are the people that keep Vizio in business so I would flood their emails with complaints and maybe get lucky enough to crash their servers over this issue.

Now on a lighter and more happier note, my supplier of wholesale boards has just informed me that I can now obtain every board for every unit that Vizio has and is making. So when asking for a board, please include if your unit is LCD, Plasma, HD, or regular along with your model and serial numbers. Of course include the part number if you have it available. Vizio has changed some part numbers so don't be upset if I shoot you back a different number than the one you gave me.

Username: Imallin

Hey Dale I have Vizio L32 LCD and I need board 3320-0032-0150. Let me know when you get them and the price. Thanks for all your help.

HI DALE,
I HAVE THAT L32 WITH THE VOLUME CONSTANLY PRESSED I OPENED BACK OF TV BOARD SAYS # 0171-2242-1794 LET ME KNOW THANK S

Username: Wsr2day

San Diego, CA

Hello Dale,

I have a L37 with what looks like a bad main pca, the part number is 3370-0022-0150. Please let me know if you have it.

Thanks! larry

Username: Bdturner51

Knoxville, Tn

dale,
you seem to be the man with answers, so thank you.
i have a L37 that appears to have the dtv main board problem. i get the amber light but cannot get the tv to turn on. is the dtv main board the same as the main power supply? if not could you please advise? i have access to a spare parts L37 and was hoping to salvage some parts. If the spare parts idea does not work, do you have access to the part that i need? you can email me at:
bdturner51@yahoo.com

thanks

San Diego, CA

Hello brian, the power supply board is much different than the "dtv" main board. The p.s. board has the AC power coming into it through the AC receptacle. If you are handy with a voltmeter you should be able to measure ~5VDC and ~1 VDC from the p.s. output connectors and the backlight supply is about 60 VDC but you need the remote signal (black wire) to be enabled. I am an electronic engineer but without a schematic you can only do so much. I would guess that your dtv board is bad also. Vance Baldwin (Vizio's authorized parts supplier) will sell you a board for more than $200 but confirm the part number as there are several versions :-(

Username: Bdturner51

Knoxville, Tn

so is the part i need to replace the big one in the middle? part # 3370-0022-0150?

Username: Jeffsnaustx

Hey Dale, thanks in advance for your help . I Sent a PM re: 3320-0032-0150. Question - is this board in other 32" LCDs? I see the entire LCD all over EBay w/cracked displays for CHEAP (since the LCDs are so pricey the unit is parts only). Thanks again!

Bronze Member
Username: Ovadoggvo

Post Number: 77
I get all my vizio LCD and Plasma parts from www.discount-merchant.com... They carry just about every part for every tv. Even hard to find parts. It's the only place that i've seen carry them. I usually look at the actual photos of the boards to make sure they match before i buy them. They ship fast.

Dale - Guess i was the 3% that did not have a cracked LCD after the Vizio fell off the wall, and was DOA.

On Friday night, the Vizio tech showed up from a co called Cintex (sp?) Vizio had sent him a new power board, and a new logic main board for the 37L.

After the power board was installed, the VIZIO worked like new. I am buying another Vizio at Costco where they double the warranty to 2 yrs in-home svc.

I think Vizio makes a great product, and even though I made 15-20 phone calls all week and waited on hold forever, in the end they came through and covered the cost.

My new 47" will not be mounted on the wall thats for sure! We have too many quakes here in SF

Username: Darrell_moyers

ALL--

I have a L32. The amber light stays on. Prior to my problem the tv would power on and off during viewing. After calling Vizio they said it was most likely the power supply.....it wasn't. I know believe I need the main DTV board. Does anyone have part number 3320-0032-0150 that I can purchase? I kinda of need it fast. I have been dealing with this for three weeks. Thanks

Username: Corylucas

Dale,
I have a P50HDM and the video does not work. The audio works just fine. I have tried three different imputs and they all dont work. I call Vizio support to find out my TV is 6 months out of warrenty. I then call the out or warrenty support company and they said this problem with this model is very common.
Do you have an idea what my problem is? If so can I get the part from you?

Username: Anthony_m_c

Hawthorne, Ca La

dale i need this part 50-0012-0150 or 350-0022-0150 how much do sell it or and how do i send the moey

Username: Andrewkl

Wow.. Excellent board with great information.. Thanks Dale!!!

I have a VX37L with a damaged screen... I am interested in replacing same, OR selling the set off for parts. I bought the set in a liquidation auction, and it is essentially new.. Unfortunately, it looks as though something was dropped on top of it while in the box, damaging the cabinet (I can live with that), and the screen (can't live with that...).

Please let me know if anyone has a VX37L with shot boards but a working screen :-)

Username: Jeffsnaustx

Andrew,

New replacement LCDs are crazy expensive. I'd watch EBay or part yours out. From watching the auctions lately you can make some serious cash! Good luck.

Dale hasn't posted since 1/30 - hope he didn't get fed up

Thanks Jeff.. I tried to price out the LCD and you're right.. Ridiculous... The ones I saw on Ebay already have a cracked screen, so they're pretty worthless to me... I may start selling off the boards, since the set in as-is condition doesn't fetch alot... Funny. These things are worth more in pieces than as a whole unit....

Username: Dracula1234

hey guys...i bought a refurb L32HDTV10A and i am having problems with the picture.

The bottom right side of the TV will start to shake on and off till eventually the whole screen goes into these convulsions. If I wait about 20 to 30 minutes with the tv on, the picture will eventually snap back into place and everything is perfect. but then after 5 to 10 minutes it happens again and i have to wait even longer for the picture to stop shaking. the audio and everything else works great. it's just this picture problem. I would be so greatful if someone could tell me what part i need to replace (if it is replaceable) and where i could get one.

Thanks alot

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
Dracula,
The problem you are describing seems to be a main video board issue. The only place i've seen sell Vizio replacement boards (and decently priced I might add) is Discount-Merchant.com ... I would have a technician look at it to diagnose the board that is causing the issue and then call up D-M to see if they have it.

Post Number: 4
When I born, I black,
when I grow up, I black,
when I go in sun, I black,
when I cold, I black,
when I scared, I black,
when I sick, I black,
and when I die, I still black.

You white folks....
when you born, you pink,
when you grow up, you white,
when you go in sun, you red,
when you cold, you blue,
when you scared, you yellow,
when you sick, you green,
when you bruised, you purple,
and when you die, you gray.

So who you callin' colored folk's ???

Username: Bbrolz

Tampa, FL US

I have the same TV (P50HDM plasmw) and issue as Cory. I've read that it's more than likely the DTV board. Would that be your recommendation for replacement Dale? if so, can the part be purchased from you?

I waited long enough, so I went ahead and found another place which sells parts online and bought part number 3850-0022-0150 (main input board). Which did not fix not problem.
?????

Username: Floydman

Pa USA

Dale - I have a Vizio GV42LHDTV. The Composite and Component video / audio inputs do not work. The screen shows the input selected but nothinhg happens. Also the HDMI inputs are intermittent at best. Doesn't matter if you select from the remote or buttons on side of tv.

What board do you recommend. Is there any way to get a block diagram or better yet a schematic of this set?

Appreciate the help

GUESS DALE DOES NOT WANT TO DEAL WITH ME CAUSE EYES COLORED FOLK

Username: Bemouse

Ca

I also have a Vizio VX32L tv that will not power on. The amber led light is on but when the power button is pressed nothing happens. I have been reading that this is common problem for vizio ,bad DTV boards?.I bought it at Costco with the 2 yrs in-home svc. warranty, service guy came out looked at it said yup its dead,left the TV, a coulple weeks later I recieved a check from Costo for the full purchase price and was told to just throw the TV away. Cory where did you purchase the DTV from?

I purchased my board @ http://www.vancebaldwin.com/

Very nice company to work with, since the part did not fix my problem I returned the board back to them. Only having to pay a 20% restocking fee.

Username: Dissn00

Corey... Does the Vizio start to power on... Then make the usual click and then try to start and then click again... Then Nothing just black screen?

I hear the normal clicking sounds the power LCD acts normal also. The screen does not flash or anything. The audio works perfectly.

OK I took my TV to a local repair place the verdict was Video Tunner board and they want $429 to repair.

Folks: I am in a quandry. I have a BRAND NEW Vizio VX37L which has sustained some screen and cabinet damage. If anyone out there has a VX37L with a usable screen, let's talk... I may be interested in purchasing it. ON THE OTHER HAND, short of getting a new screen for MY set, I would be willing to start pulling parts out of the set for your own repairs. Let me know what you need, make an offer (we can negotiate the prices), and your ZIP code so I can determine shipping costs. Of course, getting a viable screen is my first choice

Username: Semeparo

offered friend 100.00 bucks for his vizio PD50HDM what his set is doin is this it turns on but gets a snowy picture for about 1 second goin from one side of the screen to the other then goes dead then does it again before it goes completely dead, but leds stay on anyone had this issue and how was it fixed if so. is it worth the hundred

Username: Jennyt

Poulsbo, Wa Us

I have a P50HDM. The TV had a loud POP, then went dead no sound or pix. When I was turn on, I heard relay click, 2 fans on back run and green ligth at 3850-0012-0150 board, flashing. At stand-by it a yellow light, and when turned on, it was steady a green ligth(no flash) on front of TV. The F3 on PS board 4A (192Volts) blew up, new one replaced it didn't helped. Checked all (big) power transistors all goods. Ordered new PS board "Y" modlue(+60V and 192V), it did'nt fix.
Dale(or any one out there) do you have any ideas? 3850-0022-0150 is the DTV board? And on lelft side with 2 fuese 4A is that called PS board?
Thank you so much, Jenny.

Username: Iamtech1

Hi The Tech Guy your post describes my problem exactly. I have a Vizio P50HDM when I turn power on it clicks light flashes black screen then clicks again nothing. Any idea what this is? Dale if you can share some light and if you have the part please let me know. Thanks!

I forgot to mention when I was watching tv I heard a click the screen went black it turned on then black again. The power light started flashing and then nothing. I took of the back panel and looked at all the caps I could see and didnt notice any burned ones. I hope this helps.

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
Eddie,
This is a very common problem within the Zenith, Vizio, LG, and Toshiba 50" Plasmas.. They all have the same exact PDP pannel and parts except for the digital video board..

The problem you are describing is 60% caused by a bad Y-Sustain board which can be found here for $169.00:

http://parts.discount-merchant.com/modim/photos.php?itemid=1007231

Let us know how it goes..

offered friend 100.00 bucks for his vizio PD50HDM what his set is doin is this it turns on but gets a snowy picture for about 1 second goin from one side of the screen to the other then goes dead then does it again before it goes completely dead, but leds stay on anyone had this issue and how was it fixed if so. is it worth the hundred

Username: Hect7369

Got a Vizio P50 HDM,set is in shut down,led blinks from orange to green 9-10 times.Just a flash is seen on pic,when set tries to turn on.
A strong chirping is heard on board as ovadoggvo shows in post(boards) above.Is possible this board is defective.?? No print.
Anyone has the part number for this?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks!

I post a pic..may be can help to all who has one of these sets.Upload

ovadoggvo first of all I cant thank you enough for helping me out with this problem. Today I took the TV back to SAMS CLUB after having the Plasma for 2 years 3 months. They refunded me my money. I was totaly shocked I also gave them a copy of their 100% Satisfaction statement and they stood behind it. Otherwise I would have performed the test you advised. Again thank you so much for your advise! I hope you continue helping others too.

ovadoggvo which board in the X-Sustain you talked about? What does it look like? Which wires can I test for the voltage? I would hate to buy a new Y-Sustain board and then blow it. The way things work for me I am always the 30%. :-)

Post Number: 10
Folks: I had a brand new Vizio VX37L LCD TV with a broken LCD panel (purchased as a closeout item). I have removed the boards from this set and they available for sale if anyone needs them. Contact me here if interested. Pricing will be competetive.

Username: Bingi

Brooklyn, Ny Usa

vizio l37 hdtv 2006 the orange light comes on but no display the power board has some burn marks on board is this a bad power supply board or main board problem?any professional help from the family?

Username: Anthony_m_c

Hawthorne, Ca La

the rep guy told me all i need to fix my vizio p50hdm is the digital board,video board and 2 sub woff board i cant find any parts under those names can anyone help me out

EYES FEELS LIKE GOOD CLEAN COLORED FOLK

I will have a spare DTV board and a spare power board available for Vizio P50HDM.

If you're in need, PM me so we can confirm part numbers.

Does anyone know whatever happened to Dale Reich?

Username: Dranonymous

I have a P42HDTV and have the clicking power problem. Does anyone know what the voltages should be coming out of the main power board?

I probed them and the only one that seems too far off is the 12Vsc pins which read 11.3V. There is another labeled ACD which reads 4.39V. I would have expected a more solid 5V.

Thanks.

Hi All: I tested the board more in depth with my 1337 smart know it all digital designer par none friend. My digital board has a good 5v, 3.3v and 1.8v everything else is dead. There is no 12v going into the 7809 regulator, and we noticed that the input to the 7809 is not shorted to the 12v input. What lies between the 12v input and the regulator input? Also we tried to force the power switch to work. As one symptom of our problem is that there is no 3.3 volts going to the pull up circuit for the power on. We hard wired this with no joy. The switching worked, but no power on. About 3 min after power up we can catch about .5 seconds of functionality and turn the beastie on, but alas it turns itself right back off after a few minutes. Any insights as to what part fails on the DTV board to cause this problem?

DALE IS IN JAIL HE TRIED TO STEAL A TRUCKLOAD OF VIZIO PARTS !! EYES BE COLORED FOLK

Username: Blom

I have a Vizio GV42LHDTV and the picture turns green and sometimes has a purple and blue to it. I was wondering what would be the problem with it. I have checked all the cables and made sure it wasn't an issue with any other component. Any response are appreciated.

San Diego, CA

I posted here about 2 months ago and figured that I needed a new main PCA for the broken Vizio L37 I had bought on e-bay. I bought a replacement DTV main PCA from Vance Baldwin for about $200 and it fixed the problem. Wouldn't you know it, the TV died last night, fortunately VB has a 90 day warranty. I think these older Vizios need a fan like my Vizio P50 has. I am going to look for a small 5 VDC quiet fan that I can cram in over the main PCA and just have it run all the time.

Username: Teflonbob

VIZIO P50HDM PLASMA SOUND BUT NO VIDEO ANYONE KNOW WHAT BOARD NEEDS REPLACED OR HOW TO FIX PLEASE HELP , THANKS}

Username: Leafs27

I have a PD50-HDM that wouldn't turn on after I was away for 6 weeks. After unplugging the set for 5 minutes and plugging it back in, the green light on the front comes on, I can hear the relay clicking on as well as the fans coming on. There is no picture or sound, and I can't turn the set off with the remote or the side button. I removed the back and when I remove one plug that goes from the P/S to the I/O board the relay no longer clicks when plugged in. Is my I/O board bad (part number 3850-0022-0150)? Thanks.

Kevin,

Do you know how to use a volt meter and do you have one?

If you can take a picture of the back of the set it might help as well.

Yes I have a volt meter and know how to use it. Mine is identical to the picture in post #9 by Hector M. about 16 posts above this one. Thanks.

I have a P42HDTV that has two power boards, the larger one looks like yours.

If you board has a switch on it labeled auto/norm, see if you can disconnect everything except the main AC to the board. You should find a plug that carries 12 and 5V power to the DTV board (the one at the bottom of the TV with all the RCA connectors). Plug the TV in and carefully probe the pins to verify you have 12 and 5V. If that's all good, then put the switch to auto and you'll hear the relays click. All the outputs on the board should now be on. Verify the highvoltage lines for the X and Y sustain boards are good. They are the 60'ish V and 180'ish V outputs and will be on large connectors that go to each side of the TV.

If you can post or send a close up of the DTV board, we can take a look at some of the voltage regulators there.

I disconnected everything but the AC. I found the 5 volt line going to the DTV board, but the 12 volt line(s) only came on when I put the switch to "auto". All the other voltages came up as well. This tells me the power supply is probably OK. I thought that D4 on the DTV board was partially shorted as it read only 93 ohms in-circuit, but after removing one leg from the circuit, I found that D4 was in parallel with a 100 ohm surface mount resistor, so it is OK.

There are 5 voltage regulators on the DTV board. Regulator U3 appears to have pins 2 and 4 shorted together, and pins 3 and 5 shorted together. But regulator U6 (similar number) also has pins 3 and 5 shorted together, and there is a coil in the circuit for U3; so U3 is probably OK as well. What I should do now is put the board back in and measure the voltage coming out of each regulator.

This is what the 5 regulators measured on the DTV board:

U3: 3.3v
U6: 15v
U8: 1.8v, seems low
U7,U31: 0v

By the way, when everything is plugged in there is 12v, 24v and 5 volts going to the DTV board.

Do you have a picture you can take, where you could label the parts in an image editor?

Measure the voltage from the connector that goes to the buttons (volume, channel, power, etc) You should see 3.3 if its designed similarly to the P42HDTV board.

Username: Earthbonz

All,
Check this out:

kNOBLE
VIZIO
L32
LCD
DEAD WITH AN AMBER LIGHT
Do Not Order A New Board For This Vizio Model. You Can Fix This Problem For Pennys. Problem: Will Not Power Up Amber Led Only. Hint: No Reset To Operate Micro (Brain Dead) I'Ve Seen (3) Various Fixs Below, One Uses A Diode, Other Uses A 10k Resistor, Try Either. All 3 Will Work, Diode Works Best For Me This Same Reset Ic Goes Bad On Other Visio Lcd & Plasma Tv'S. #1) You Remove Smd U26 On The Video Processing Board And (Add) Put A 10k Resistor Across Pins 2&3. U26 Is Near The The Tact Switch. #2) Remove U26 And Solder A 10k Tru 100k Resistor Across Pin 2&3. Start With A 10 K First. #3) Remove Reset Ic Near Tac Switch Replace With 1n4148 Diode (Nte519). Vizio Tech Support: (Valid - I Tried It) 1-888-849-4623 Opt 4 Technical Support: 888-849-4623 Try Extension 1669 (David). Hugo Carrera Parts Department 877-668-8462 Ext 1814 Vizio Inc. 320a Kalmus Drive Costa Mesa, Ca 92626 E-Mail:Hugo.Carrera@Vinc.Com

Username: Mrbhparker

From what I have read on the PD50HDM when it is not the power supply then it is usually the Z sus or Y sus boards (the Y is made up of 3 boards but it usually only the main board that goes). What I read says replace them both at the same time due to an overload issue (I am not a tech for sure cause how would it run if you replace the wrong one ?). The articles are out there and I am looking for the boards which are apparently LG boards. If I can help you or you can help me write to me.

GUESS WHAT DALE GOT 5 -10 YEARS FOR TRYING TO STEAL A TRUCKLOAD OF VIZIO PARTS

EYES BE COLORED FOLK

Username: Rcapob

All
I just followed the post from Daniel Powell, DEAD WITH AN AMBER LIGHT
and it works....!!!! saved me 200 bucks at least! I started with the the first suggestion just add a 10K resistor to U26 on legs 2 and 3.
Upload

I just wanted to say thanks, and to let everyone with a bad main board to give this fix a try.

Username: Garbe

Hi. I'm working on a Vizio L32HDTV10A that is dead. The amber LED turns green for 10 seconds when pressing power, then back to amber. There is 3,5 and 12volts at power supply board and main board when LED is green. Also have 12v at inverter board.
Experimented and when removing last lead wire on connector going to inverter that was measuring zero from power supply, I applied external 3 volts.
Then the backlight came on! Still the set went off after 10 seconds. Also noted on screen a large white box about 1/4 size of screen with colored horz lines thru during the time green LED is on it but that is as far as I have been able to troubleshoot this.
If I again hit power with the external 3 volts applied, I get the backlight till the green light again turns amber.
Anyone able to help identify which board/s I need? Hoping inverter is OK with backlite working but maybe the missing voltage on that last pin is involving the inverter... ???
Any help much appreciated. Thanks!

Username: Alievich

hey i bought a vizio vx32L and the screen cracked doyou know where and how much a new screen replacement would be?
email me at hsnaftermath@hotmail.com
thanks..

Username: Madvizio

Newport News, Virginia United States

Hello. I have a Vizio plasma p42hdtv. The problem that I am having is 1/2 of the TV screen is blanks, therefore only displaying the right half. When it come on I have different color lines up and down on the left side, then it goes blank.
Repair company came out to replace the board that contects to the left and right boards (possible video boards)But the parts broke while the tech was installing it. Now we are waiting for a part to be ordered through Vizio. Where could I purchase the boards from, because I will replace it myself.

Username: Garbe

Hello,
Hasan.... I have heard that the LCD screen is very expensive. Sometimes more than a whole new set so unless you can find a salvage one it may not pay to fix it. Check on E-bay as a remote possibility.

Ed .... Was your set out of warranty? If so, what was it supposed to cost you to have it repaired? Also do you know the part number of the board or boards they were installing? The number consists of 3 sets of 4 digits each in this format:
0000-0000-0000. What do you mean by the parts "broke" ? I may have a line on where boards can be purchased.

i have a P50HDM my issue is when i plug the unit in i hear the fan kick on hear the relay kick in screen gets a snowy pic for about 2 second then turns off. the led in front flashes yellow to orange then it kicks off but then it retrys itself fan kicks on relay kicks in and snowy pic for about 2 seconds then screen goes blank but led stays yellow as if unit was on. in back i see a yellow led looks to be on the video board flashes on and off. Is this unit worth fixing or should i sell for parts. Also can someone answer this, is the front of screen the lcd or is it protected by a glass.

Username: Sheath18

OK, here's my P50HDM story so far...

OK, I too experienced the POD on my P50HDM. After the pop, the set has amber light. Press teh power button, and it flashes green to amber a few times then stays amber.

I figured it was the Y-SUS and/or Z-SUS. I went ahead and purchased the boards from Tri-State module. I needed the 6871QYH039A Y-SUS board and the 6871QZH044A Z-SUS board. They were $179 and $169 respectively.

Got the boards on Tuesday after ordering late Sunday night - and I shipped it UPS ground! - simply REMARKABLE.

Replaced the boards and connected the power cord. Got an amber light. Held my breath and hit the power button...

It turned green, and I can see a green LED on the main board through the vents. Made a slight click, like a relay latching, but never got any picture.

Green light stays on any time I turn the set on. Seems to be performing normally, but no picture. If I hit MENU, I do NOT get an OSD or anything else.

It seems like there is a hint of the backlight, like it's ready to display, but still no joy. Hitting INPUT has no effect. No button seems to help.

Any ideas. I though about the Y-DRV-TOP and Y-DRV-BTM, but really don't want to spend more money guessing.

OK, now for the full disclosure. When I took the Y-DRV-TOP and Y-DRV-BTM boards loose to swap the Y-SUS, there is a sticky foam tape across the driver chips. They cover the PLCC packages and provide some cushion between them and the frame they mount to.

When I peeled the tape back, you can see that each chip has a ridge of what seems like RTV silicone covering the pins on the package. However, the bottom-most chip on the TOP board, and the top-most chip on the BTM board seem to have a wet substance on the surface of the chip. It is NOT heatsink grease. It is about that thick, but it is clear. It feels greasy to the touch. There is not a hint of any similar substance on the rest of the driver chips - only these two, which are right next to each other.

Anyone seen anything like this? The board surface on both sides shows no obvious heat damage. The chip on the BTM board has a lot of the wet substance, but it is just barely noticable on the TOP board's chip.

Now, does anyone have any experience with this?

I have done a few basic troubleshooting steps with a meter, but I don't have a scope to dig deeper. Now that I have an extra $350 invested, I really don't want to scrap the thing, but I am leary about dumping good money after bad.

Any suggestions?

UPDATE

I've gotten some feedback from the supplier of my boards. They seem to think I've got half the problem repaired, and after some additional research have advised me that I still appear to have either a bad main board, or logic control board, but they have neither of them.

I guess it gives me hope that it may be correct - since they can't sell them to me anyway, they have nothing to gain. I'll look and see how much these are and decide whether I'm willing to go farther down the rabbit hole, or try to get my board returned and move on.

He did say that what I was seeing as the wet substance was, in fact, a thermal transfer grease, even though it seems like there is not enough, or in the right location, to do any real good. He said he sees it on many vizio board, though. So, at least that mystery seems to be solved.

Anoyone who can help further, it} would be appreciated.

Username: Tushy

Hi Dale,

Mighty nice of you to do this.

Damn, post #90. You're probably not even reading these anymore.

In case you are, I'm looking for parts for a different plasma but there is some crossover with Vizio parts.

If you have any of the following, please contact me:

YSUS: 6871QYH953A or 6870qyh005B or 6871QYH053B or EAX31974801 or EBR31872801

ZSUS: 6871qdh917a 6870qkh001a

Power Board: 667-PH42FB6-20 or 782-PH42D8-200

Control Board: 6871qch977b 6870qch0c6b 42V8&X3 6871QCH077B

Thanks a lot!

Username: Mikeroo7

Columbus, OH United States

I have a screen for a Vizio L32 lcd tv. The model number is T315XW01, I don't know the part number Vizio uses but is is for the L32 model. I was told it was for a VX32L, but after I got it I found out otherwise, and if I would've returned it I would've had to pay the return shipping. I'm going to list it on ebay soon and maybe craigs list. I'm would sell it for around $130 plus shipping. Send emails to bucknut_mr@hotmail.com

Username: Dmel75

Hope this thread is still active. Dale, can you help with the following? Last night while watching hi-def hockey my Vizo GV47L FHDTV10A died on me. Screen went dark grey, sort of black, I could tell the back light was working but it was totally unresponsive, had to pull the power cord to shut it down. Waited a few minutes then plugged it up. The Vizio emblem lights up, the unit "clicks" when I press power on and then all the lights on the buttons light up and then that's it. The LCD stays completely dead and nothing works, I can't switch sources, I get no sound, it won't even shut off without pulling the plug. It's 13 months old today so I'm one month out of the 1 year warranty. I've called support, gotten a case # and faxed them my receipt. They called back and told me I'm out of luck so I thought if I could reliably determine what part has gone out that I might try replacing the part myself. I think the backlight and LCD are ok, it sounds to me like the main board might be bad. I took the back panel off the TV and 3647-0012-0150 looks to be the part no. on the main board. Any advice? Thank you!

Username: Dmel75

Whoa. Just read in this forum that people have taken TV's back to Sams after more than a year?! I bought mine from sams 13 months ago. Wonder if I should take mine up there....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
}

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
To Derek and anyone who may be interested: I have a Vizio LCD Controller Card (part # 6870C-0088D) for sale. This was removed from a VX37L that was new, but with a cracked screen. It is assumed that this card is functioning perfectly. Derek, I don't know if the card is interchangeable with other Vizio sets, but maybe this will solve your problem?

Card is $75 shipped.

Username: Bemouse

Ca

Hi all. Daniel Powell (or maby Rcapob you mite be able to anser this)
When you said-
" #1) You Remove Smd U26 On The Video Processing Board And (Add) Put A 10k Resistor Across Pins 2&3. U26 Is Near The The Tact Switch. #2) Remove U26 And Solder A 10k Tru 100k Resistor Across Pin 2&3."
Did you mean remove it for good and solder resistor to where pins 2+3 use to be? or Replace it after you solder the resistor to it? thanks for your time and wisedom ... Dan

Username: Notw

CA

i seem to have a common tv amoungst this thred. i have a P50HDM.the story.... while watching it one day it "popped" and from then on the tv will turn the fans on and the power light will go green and i can tell that the screen is kinda lit, in a really wierd way but no actual picture. please help!

Username: Dtrixny

I have an L32 part#10223020022. the lcd screen went black but i hear audio and power up fine..what do i need to fix it? n how much?

I've got a P50HDM.

Have replaced power board, DTV board, Ysus and Zsus boards with brand new.

All I get is a 4" red stripe down the middle of my screen.

I'm willing to bet I've missed something in reassembly, but after triple-checking I can't for the life of me find my error.

Any suggestions?

Username: Ds613

my tv just turned off in the middle of watching a movie last night, and now it wont turn on I have checked the plugs and know it isnt the breaker, any ideas it is a visio 50"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us