Weak Volume from DVD Player through RF Modulator to TV

Anonymous

Hello - Surprised to be completely unable to find any other comments on this matter: I have a social dilemna in that my wife, who is partial-hearing, CANNOT tolerate stereo, and just wants to be able to watch DVDs on our nice but mono Panosonic TV (only a few years old, but only has cable-type inputs). With ALL varieties of hook-up alternatives from the DVD, using the RF modulator, the output to the TV, with volume "floored" to the max - is not loud enough for her. TV (w/ cable box) and VCR output is fine at about 50 to 60 (sometimes 70) percent of the TV's volume capacity. For some time, we used my little guitar amp, but come on... are dvd players variable in their sound output? Are we simply forced to buy another amp, and a new TV table to accommodate it and some speakers that I can put side-by-side to produce a mono result?
Any help will be very welcome!
Thanks
A Young

awais
Unregistered guest
nearly same prob here but with stereo L-R hook up to my stereo mini system the impact of sound only when DVD is playing is to low but its cool with audio CD or MP3 plz help

Bronze Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 75
The audio on most DVDs is considerably lower than most other sources, not all DVDs are made that way but most are. It is not the fault of equipment it is the way the DVDs are made, not much you can do about it except to amplify the audio more.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us