Samsung BD P1400 bad lazer?

Silver Member
Username: Monkey_man_jack

Santa Maria, California United States

Post Number: 554
I just bought the Samsung BD P1400 used on Ebay, the seller had great feedback so I thought was trustworthy, anyways..

The Blu Ray player works, but when watching movies, or even at the menu, there is a noticeable amount of digitization, large blocks all over the screen, the first thing that came to my mind was Laser rot.... anyone confirm that that is what it is, or could it be something else? I tried 5 different Blu Rays and the same thing on all of them.

It doesn't do it on the Samsung screen when while it's reading the disk, which obviously doesn't require the lazer to put on the screen, so that also leads me to believe that it is laser rot. please, any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. -Mike

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 4112
Samsung BR players are well known for poor performance. It's probably just the player and not a specific problem. All you can do is try updating the firmware.

Silver Member

Post Number: 555
how do you update it? it has an internet connection?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4113
Go Here:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/download/supportDown.do?group=&type=&subtype=& model_nm=BD-P1400&language=&cate_type=all&dType=D&mType=FM&vType=&prd_ia_cd=0302 0100&disp_nm=BD-P1400&model_cd=&menu=download

Silver Member

Post Number: 556
thank you, i downloaded the newest update, and the firmware, but the BR player is still having the same problem

Gold Member

Post Number: 4115
I'd see if you can send it back. If you bought it from a reputable seller you should be able to return it.

That player is over 2 1/2 years old and isn't version 2.0 (BD Live) and can't be updated to 2.0.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us