How to connect computer to tv

Bronze Member
Username: Snagovac

Post Number: 97
how to connect computer to tv I have a laptopand I have a connection for S video

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 4596
go to control panel and choose nividea option..

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 8466
Damir
If you want see video on you TV, you must choose screen 2 as principal in NVidia and not clone.

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2623
http://www.techlore.com/article/10061/How-To-Connect-a-Computer-To-Your-TV/?text page=2

Bronze Member
Username: Kazkac

Post Number: 11
hah,what if you not useing nvidia card?;)

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2624
Connecting With a VGA to S-Video Adaptor:

Before connecting your PC to the VGA adaptor, check to make sure that your display resolution output settings are within the capable range of the adaptor. Most VGA to S-Video adaptors are not capable of scaling resolutions beyond 1280 X 1024. Connect the 1/8" to L/R RCA cable from the audio output on your computer to the corresponding audio jacks on your TV.

Connect the VGA cable to the back of the PC, and the other end to the VGA input on the adaptor.

Connect the S-Video Cable to the S-Video jack on the adaptor, and the other end to the television's S-Video input.

Change the input on your television to the S-Video input you plugged the S-Video cable in to.

Turn on the computer. You should get an image on your TV. If you do not get an image on your TV, double check your wiring, input selection, and resolution settings using a PC monitor. Also, double check to make sure your adaptor is plugged in, and receiving power.

The image on the screen has a relationship with your resolution settings. Although all S-Video outputs use a fixed low resolution to maintain compatibility with your TV, it scales according to whatever the resolution of your computer is set at. Adjust your resolution in the settings tab of your display properties. Use a selection no higher than 800 x 600 with 16-bit color. A setting of 640 x 480 will be much clearer, but icons and windows will appear very large. Your adaptor may also offer additional adjustments and features. Refer to your adaptor's user manualUpload

Silver Member
Username: Lomna

Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 554
doreen. Well explained. Good job.

Silver Member
Username: Newbie777

Post Number: 101
Thanks Doreen. Helpful post for newbies like me -:-) Always appreciate this kind of posts. Thanks to everyone who is trying to help.

Username: Lazywop

Post Number: 3
if i use the s-video, will the sound be coming out of the tv or laptop?

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 8477
Jon

Laptop but use a jack 1/8" then hook it in your audio in of TV set.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us