Semore butts and Aamir;

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 14666
I have had a Bell Sympatico service for over three years an dmy Linksys Pap 2 has given satisfactory service all along with the Speedstream DSL modem, to which I have also connected a Trendata wireless router. Every thing including two internet phine lines were working fine till I got a new service from Sympatico with threir 'Twowire'wireless modem. It has many features, including setting up a totally separate DMX IP for my Linksys ATA. It also has various feature whereby you can allow/disallow certain conections to each of the services.
I tried for two months to do various things to connect up everything. Evrything always works, except that the Linksys ATA disengages and I lose phone service. I look into the Linksys firmware and find that it says 'connected'.
I have tried asking their service and I get channels to people abroad who have never heard of Linksys PAP2.
Finally I got totally discouraged, connected up the Speedstream Modem, and am working 100% with the old set up including the phones.
Do you have a solution for me. I like all the other features of the Two wire DSL wireless modem. If I could only stay connected on my phone device'..

Silver Member
Username: Addtemp

Post Number: 241
Hmmm interesting have to think about it ...
Was the connection between 2 Wired Bell DSL Model and Linksys hard wired ....

If Not did you enabled the Bridging mode on the Linksys pap2.

Also make sure you have disabled DHCP and NAt (Network Address translation) on LinkSys and it is set in Gateway mode with Static IP Address.

here is how the setting of your 2 devices should look like

The WAN port of this router is connected to the Internet.
WAN i.e BELL PPOE
(configure normally)

LAN
IP Address = 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server = enabled

Wireless
Wireless Mode = Access Point + WDS
SSID = samessid
Channel = 3
Security = WPA Personal
Encryption = AES
Shared Key = samesharedkey

The WAN port of this router is not used.
WAN
Type = Disabled

LAN
IP Address = 192.168.1.2
Default Gateway = 192.168.1.1 (the 1st router's IP address)
Static DNS = 192.168.1.1 (the 1st router's IP address or any DNS server)
DHCP Server = Disabled (the 1st router handles it)

Wireless
Wireless Mode = Access Point + WDS
SSID = samessid
Channel = 3
Security = WPA Personal
Encryption = AES
Shared Key = samesharedkey

Silver Member
Username: Luser

Post Number: 424
Do you have the filter oneside dsl one side phone

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 14667
I do not have a regular phone line at all. it is a dry loop service for DSL only. The PAP2 is attached to Trendata Router, under the old system and then the two phones come off the PAP2. With the Two wire wireless Modem/router, the PAP2 was attached to one of the Ethernet outlets of the Modem/Router.
I am fully aware of need of filters in a regular telephone wiring, but, as I said before, I do not have a phone service at all.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us