Nfusion questions...

Bronze Member
Username: Thetaffey

Post Number: 51
Hi
Planning to get nfusion
Just wondering, is there anyway of connecting to a neighbors wireless connection>

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 4573
molvi sahib u need a router to make it work,
so technically if u use neighbours internet to use it on ur laptop, and u want to get internet connection to make it work it won't work..

Bronze Member
Username: Thetaffey

Post Number: 52
What do you use sada?

Silver Member
Username: Addtemp

Post Number: 235
No Not the Router ... You need a Bridge ... You can make some Routers to act as a Network Bridge but you have to tingle around with them. You can buy a Wireless Bridge directly but they are more expensive then Router. they are also called Wireless Print Servers now a days.

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 4576
aamir i am not understanding what are u saying,

u need a internet connection,
it ain't same as internet connection u use on wireless laptop, i never useda bridge
well i am not sure about this u can try this,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P0R6Lue0c4
well i use router and network adapter for upstairs k1plus and use wire connection for my nfusion,
but they all connect to a router

Silver Member

Post Number: 237
yes Wire Connection will work fine.But if he wants to connect nFusion through Wireless then he need a Network bridhge or a router that can act as a Netowrk bridge i.e. setting in the Router firmware settings page

A Network Bridge is a device that Connect a Wireless Network with another Wireless network in this case his Neighbours Wireless Network with his.

But if you want to connect nFusion through a Wireless Connection with No Wires you need a Wireless Router near the Cable/DSL Modem and another Wireless device near nFusion i.e. a Bridge that can read signals from your Wireless Router or your neighbours Wireless Router and then you connect wire from that bridge to the nFusion.

You can also make a Laptop with Wireless Card act as a bridge but then laptop needs to be Powered on all the time. Some Routers can act as brid

Silver Member

Post Number: 238
Usually Network Briges are much more expensive as per the link Sada gave above.

if you want to save some Money most of the Routers can be converted into a Bridge by instally thirdparty free software WW-DRT
http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/tutorials/article.php/3639271

Silver Member
Username: Lomna

Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 543
Sada, Amir,Very interesting. Great info.

Silver Member
Username: Luser

Post Number: 422
Do any any of you have a clue. You need a dhcp server to assign your box with a local IP 192.168.1.xxx. That could from a router or modem or your computer set as host with internet conection sharing enabled With a wireless pci adapter to connect to the neighbors router and regular lan cable to your box. If you lived near a colledge, buisness, or starbuck odds are greatly increased. You would now be in position to setup proxy program requiring your box to accsess via. If do get signal it will have to be unsecured. About 20% are. You then may have to access the router. Most commom Lynksys type in your browser 192.168.1.1 box pops up type admin 4 password and leave username blank. A good program for finding sygnal is netstumbler.

Silver Member

Post Number: 423
A bridge is a term given to a way to configure 2 or more computers to connect to the host computer nothing to do with Nfusion. Maybe I'll get one someday.

Silver Member
Username: King_of_sats

Post Number: 983
goto best buy and get a Wireless access point

Silver Member

Post Number: 239
Semore A way to Connect 2 or more Computers to a Host Computer is Called Networking .....Client Server or WorkGroup ...

Network Bridhge is a Physical Device or a Computer with a Help of a Software acting as that device just Liek Computer acting as a Audio Video Receiver or Satellite receiver.

Wireless Access Point is to Relay the Wireless Signals so that to increase the range of Wireless Coverage. It typically doesn't allow Ethernet Port output. Having Said that Some Wireless Access Point again can act as Wireless Bridge but will be much more expensive then plain old Router.

Here is Wirless Bridge definition from Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_bridge

Specifically note the comment that most of the modern day Routers and Acces Point allow the bridge mode so the device can act as a Wireless Bridge

Silver Member
Username: King_of_sats

Post Number: 986
54Mbps Wireless G Access Point TEW-430APB

$39.50

# Operates as Access Point, AP Client, WDS Wireless Bridging, or Repeater modes
# Provides Security with 64/128-Bit WEP,WPA/WPA2 and WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK
# Supports 802.1x Authentication and MAC Address Control for Authorization Access (20 entries)
# Supports Most Operating Systems, such as Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP, Unix and Mac
# Allow Users to Disable ESSID Broadcast to Increase Wireless Security
# Built-in 10/100Mbps Auto-Sensing Fast Ethernet Port
# Dynamic Data Rate Scaling at 54, 48, 36, 24, 18, 12, 9 and 6 Mbps for 802.11g
# Dynamic Data Rate Scaling at 11, 5.5, 2 and 1 Mbps for 802.11b
# Allow Auto Fallback Data Rate for Optimized Reliability, Throughput and Transmission Range
# 2dBi Detachable Diversity Antenna. Replace with Optional High-Gain Antenna to Extend the Range/Coverage Area.
# Easy Configuration and Maintenance with Web Browser (HTTP)
# Flash Memory for Firmware Upgrade and Save/Restore Settings
# Distance coverage 50 to100 meters indoor, 100 to 300 meters outdoors depending on the environment
# 3-year limited warranty .

Silver Member

Post Number: 240
^ Yes the above device works as WDS Wireless Bridging. That is what You have to look for when selecting a device to be used to connect nFusion Wirelessly.

Silver Member

Post Number: 426
A network bridge connects multiple network segments at the data link layer (layer 2) of the OSI model, and the term layer 2 switch is very often used interchangeably with bridge. Bridges are similar to repeaters or network hubs, devices that connect network segments at the physical layer; however, with bridging, traffic from one network is managed rather than simply rebroadcast to adjacent network segments. In Ethernet networks, the term "bridge" formally means a device that behaves according to the IEEE 802.1D standard--this is most often referred to as a network switch in marketing literature

Silver Member

Post Number: 427
Upload

Tech Specs
Model: WRT54G
Standards:IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b
Channels:
11 Channels (US, Canada)
13 Channels (Europe, Japan)
Ports/Buttons:
Internet: One 10/100 RJ-45 Port
LAN: Four 10/100 RJ-45 Switched Ports
One Power Port
One Reset Button
One SecureEasySetup Button
Cabling:Type CAT 5
LEDs: Power, DMZ, WLAN, LAN (1, 2, 3, 4), Internet, SecureEasySetup
RF Power Output: 18 dBm
UPnP able/cert: Able
Security Features: Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) Firewall, Internet Policy
Wireless Security: Wi-Fi Protected Access2 (WPA2), WEP, Wireless MAC Filtering

Silver Member

Post Number: 428
This is what we use in America and I dont see the term "WDS Wireless Bridge" anywhere.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 8328
Semore
I have this one, very good rooter.

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 2498
Plymouth i had a rooter over taking a stump out of my pipes the other day.

Silver Member
Username: Riconissan

Post Number: 512
Roto-rooter Roto-rooter flush your troubles down the drain, Roto-rooter.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 8329
Greg
Sorry I don't understand what you say.

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 2500
Plymouth you say rooter you mean router.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 8330
OH!
Sorry! LOL yes it's router.

Haha!

Silver Member

Post Number: 513

Just playing with you.
J

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 8331
Rico I know what is rooter, I just put bad Typo, good to laugh a little.

Today I founded a new Tp with 10 channels on Satellite Estrela do Sul 1 63W Free to Air not list on any site like Lyngsat.

Silver Member

Post Number: 514
I guess it is about time for me to get the motor on the 33.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 8335
Rico
Motorized dish is the best that you can have and the Vs Ultra is one of most receiver for tracking all satellites, I have 2 motorized dishes, one with VS Ultra and the other with a CW600p but the CW is a crap with a motor.

Silver Member

Post Number: 515
Plymouth,
For the time being, I need to use the PVR7000. I will let you know how it repeats.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 8339
OK Rico
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us