Video signal from HD Receier: HDMI to DVI conversion

Username: Happy_streiver

Post Number: 1
Hello All,

I am having a problem with video reception from my HD Receiver. I have a Bell HD receiver - model 6131. It has a HDMI output. I would like to connect it to my Acer 22" monitor. The monitor only has a DVI-D (single link) input. So to connnect my HD receiver with my computer monitor, I bought a Nexxtech HDMI to DVI converter (http://www.thesource.ca/estore/product.aspx?langauage=en-ca&product=1518870). Everything seemed to be working fine. But here I am having a problem. I am receiving the display on my monitor. The display stays on the monitor for a few seconds and then disappears. Again it appears after few seconds and then disappears. So this repeats again & again.

I know that DVI is compatible with HDMI. So I don't understand where the problem is. Can someone suggest where the problem can be? Did anyone else face a similar problem. Any advice is welcome.

Thanks
Sathya

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 8223
Sat Striver

I have a ACER Monitor, on this monitor you have a auto detect or auto setting, you try it and see if that work, another thing is the refresh frequency which can't not good, check on your monitor if you have the option: auto.

List your model.

I hope that help you.

Post Number: 3
Dear Plymouth,

Thanks a lot for responding back. The model number of my monitor is: P221W LCD Monitor. You can see the specifications of this monitor here - http://www.acerpanam.com/synapse/forms/portal20.cfm?recordid=553&formid=3404&web site=AcerPanAm.com/canada&siteid=7297&words=all&keywords=&areaid=17.

My monitor has an auto selection button. I click on it, but it still does not help me much. My monitor supports DVI-D dual input. But interestingly the BVI cable that came along with it is only DVI-D single input. The meaning of various modes are explained here: http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_11_4/feature-dvi-hdmi-hdcp-connections-11- 2004.html.

Also one more thing. I tested my monitor with another Bell HD receiver - model 6100 (I live in Canada and Bell is a service provider of Cable & Satellite TVs here). This receiver has a direct DVI output. SO when I connect my monitor to the DVI output with Model 6100 everything works fine. I can see the picture perfectly.
Well unfortunately the model 6100 belongs to my friend. So I had to return it back. Further model 6100 is no longer being made by Bell.

So I think the problem could be with this:

i) The converter is not converting the signals properly. But I tested with another converter. In that cases as well I was getting the same problem.

ii) The HDMI output from the receiver is not working properly.

I don't know where else could the problem be!

Let me know what you think. Thanks again!

Regds
Sathya

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 8234
Sathya

I live in Quebec ,Canada too.

I have X223W the funtion are same as yours.

In the monitor menu, try to select the D-Sub input and turn on the DDD/CI.

Check in your menu of your receiver if you can use different picture format, if yes try to use lower quality.

Post Number: 4
Plymouth, in my monitor I selected the Digial input and turned on the DDD/CI. These settings were always on.

So I always had these settings. But it never worked with my Monitor. The image is always unstable. It appears for a moment and then disappears. After few seconds it appears again and then disappears. This goes on and on ....!

I can not adjust the display setting in the DVI mode. My monitor does not give me that option.

On a different note, Plymouth, it is good to know that you are in Canada as well :-)! I live in St John's, NL.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 8240
Sat Striver You are a eastern Guy
Newfounland is the only province in east that I haven't visited, maybe one day.

As I says, check on your receiver Menu if you can select a lower picture quality.

If you buy a PVR Card that you install on your computer you will see it on your Monitor.

If your cable is too long that can be a problem.

That's all solution that I can see for now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us