When looping reciever

Bronze Member
Username: Rockman169

Canada

Post Number: 62
when looping two recievers together with all setting the same why would the second one show the wrong sat on the channel. like echo 7 for cmt channel when it reaily 8.1 but the channel works . tha reason im asking is the second reciever is not getting many channels ,

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 8125
Rockman169
When you use the loop, you must use the same satellite and Horizontal or Vertical signal on both.

So you can't get 2 different satellites and you can't get a Horizontal and Vertical signal on both in same time because Vertical use low voltage and Horizontal signal use High voltage.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 64
thanks plymouth but i dont realty know what you mean buy the same satellite. like should i just be useing echo 7 or 8.1 but not both .

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 8128
Rockman169

Explain 8.1, Echo 7 is 119 but 8.1 ???

Is it 110W?

If you have 2 LNB on a dish, you get 2 satellites.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 65
yes i have two dishes 1 pointed to 110 and the other to 119 hooked to a diseqc 4 in 1 switch . with both recievers setting are the same ports etc. but the second recievers showing channels on 110 that are really on 119 . hope this help out im not to good at this thanks im thinking i should just buy two double lnb and hook them up seperate.

Gold Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 1171
In order for the second stb to get all channels, the first stb has to be in the off(displaying time)position.

The sat/channel problem may be wrong diseqc port settings on second receiver.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 66
having the same problem with the first one off . all setting are the same .have even tried another stb . the problem seem to be,keep loosing signal quality but the strength stays good

Silver Member
Username: Mrgreg

Canada

Post Number: 339
Rockman,Buy 2 dual LNB'S and 2 switches and it will work just fine and you can watch different programming on each receiver at the same time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us