any one know something about it..

Silver Member
Username: Bernardmi

Post Number: 361
Don't you need a US postal address ?

Silver Member
Username: Addtemp

Post Number: 226
Any US Satellite Signal Subscription is not allowed in Canada.
I guess you can use those Mail Rental offices in US to get a subscription as long as Dish thinks you are in US it should work.

Silver Member
Username: Lomna

Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 528
SADA, You are lucky to be in Canada.
I think bev has better and cheap channel line up (indo-pak). For example CBN shows most of cricket games just for 5 dollars and atn (single channel) shows you programes from Zeetv, sony,starplus. Isn't that great??
I wish to be Canada. GO GET BEV sada!

Gold Member
Username: Tigger_woods

KICKIN AZZ, TAKING NAMES

Post Number: 1037
Better yet you can get DTV in Canada on a legit/semi legit basis. I had it for several years on and off. Cant think of the name of the company at the moment but I found it in the Toronto yellow pages at the time under satellite. The company in in ThornHill just north of Toronto.

There is/was a 65 dollar annual fee, that was the only charge payable to them. For the 65 bucks they arranged everything for you, yes a US address.

Direct tv in the USA took the money from my visa once a month ,exact same prices as if you lived in the USA.

Now the 65 bucks annual fee was a good deal because it was less than the taxes that you are not charged. I had a really good package for 29.95 a month, something choice??

It worked out cheaper than BeV or SC and no reason to believe it would not still be. Sure I am sure its gone up, but you still pay no taxes and the programming is better.

If I had the number still I would give it.

They also had DN so assuming would be the same deal.

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York Citay in-HD, NY

Post Number: 4115
Relax
PTA sub/share is coming to US and Canada this year
Stay tuned

Gold Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 1777
Directv (DTV) and Dishnest -DN (2 US companies)subscriptions and signals are NOT LEGALLY allowed to be received in Canada....plain and simple!...and all you people involved with DSS or FTA should know that!...yeah , you can hack, cheat on adress, sub share, but its NOT LEGAL!....anybody who says different needs to pull their head out of their azz, along with people asking such a stupid question as this thread..

Gold Member

KICKIN AZZ, TAKING NAMES

Post Number: 1038
I said semi legit. You would be able to play dumb if ever asked. In my case I actually was paying DTV directly from my visa. I had nothing to do with a US address as the company takes care of that. They say it`s legal.

This way it is still a GREY MARKET.

Direct TV is well aware that it is going on and they are happy for the business.

Star Choice and Bell subscribe to US customers on the same basis.

You have no illegal equipment, no altered bins, its a totally different ball game.

Yes technically its still illegal but not like having elegal equipment with downloaded bins.

I challenge anybody to show me anybody under such a plan that has ever been charged??

Cant do it, what would be the charge?? It would be a highly technical charge that I bet has never been layed.

You would not be guilty of fraud, it would be that you where contravening CRTC regulations or something along those lines, hardly a priority for them, would be along the lines of big dish owners in Canada (I used to be 1).

They are not out shutting big dishes down, same deal here.

Somebody asked and the answer is yes you can.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1778
DTV reception in Canada or by anybody who does NOT have THEIR OWN ACCOUNT with a LEGAL name, phone # and US address is 100% ILLEGAL....DTV will accept anybody's credit card for payment, but that doesn't make your reception of their signals LEGAL, if U do NOT reside in the USA!

Bronze Member
Username: Boquack

Post Number: 93
No law in US on Canadian subs at all. The FCC could care less and SC is really happy to get $$$

Gold Member

Post Number: 1779
Dipstick 33rd...we're talking about US subs/signals (DTV and DN) being received in Canada...NOT Canadian subs like Starchoice (SC) or Bev..

BTW,,,the FCC regulates the US, NOT Canada...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
Read my post more carefully.........I am not related to King Tapeman..........

Gold Member

New York Citay in-HD, NY

Post Number: 4117
"No law in US on Canadian subs at all."
Boquack is Retard
His comments and replies should all be ignored

Justforhaha's
Sub/share I was talking about is making its way to US just as in Europe
It's a different type of PTA
Possibly to replace FTA receivers

I don't think these current FTA receivers can be used for any other purposes besides nagra
More hardware needed to be added to it

The new sub/share I'm talking about will most likely use an entirely different receivers
I'll post a link to the next type of PTA I'm expecting

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
King, now that I have your attention.......
I thought you were better than Jimmy and the others here........knowledgeable. Guess I was wrong

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2601
CRTC >>Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission

CRTC may also stand for Cathode Ray Tube Controller.
The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission was created in 1976 when it took over responsibility for regulating telecommunication carriers. Prior to 1976 it was known as the Canadian Radio and Television Commission, which was established in 1968 by the Parliament of Canada to replace the Board of Broadcast Governors

FCC >>>The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is an independent United States government agency. The FCC was established by the Communications Act of 1934 and is charged with regulating interstate and international communications by radio, television, wire, satellite and cable. The FCC's jurisdiction covers the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. possessions

I posted this in case others didn't understand what the acronyms meant.

Silver Member
Username: Riconissan

Ohio

Post Number: 373
Good work Doreen.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 14619
Rico Suave
Username: Ricocossan

Post Number: 1

This person has been suspended several times and always comes back to impersonate the real Rico Suave.

Ignore his posts

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14624
Nalin Nyda
Username: Ny_das

Post Number: 3

This new member is a persistent impersonator and has been suspended often.

Silver Member
Username: Ubba

Post Number: 186
In Canada you can get international channels, like the Arabic one, through Reach Media in Montreal, which is legal. They have a deal with the US I think.

Bronze Member
Username: Harjun

Post Number: 62
hi can be get the international channel like hindi,zee tv,=======and more

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14627
sharnjit: ON FTA receivers pointing to 118.7, you can only get three Indian/Pakistani channels.
SAB
JUS
NDTV Imagine

Next time, please start your own thread or a post in a related thread. People here do not like anybody highjacking a thread.

Also you can get Geo at 61.5W

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14628
Getting signals in Canada from satellites directed at USA, is considered illegal by the Supreme court of Canada.
The ruling was against Canadians getting DTV signals in Canada and paying fully for the signals.
If you are subbing and getting them in Canada, the courts might view the situation as identical or there may be sufficient dissimilarity to fight for your rights.
The chance of an action against you is extremely unlikely.

Silver Member
Username: Rafiq128

Post Number: 169
Hi Nalin: I live in mississauga there is one guy installing dishnetwork and giving a receiver ( Dish network ) for $350.00, This is for new 30" dish and Receiver and installation, Then monthly Subscription will be taken out from your credit card from dishnetwork directly.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 8092
Nalin

GEOTV is gone at 61.5W

SAB and NDTV are up on 61.5W

Username: Old_plymouth

Post Number: 5
Now Iam a Canadian lawyer yesterday I couldn't even spell lawyer today I is one.

Username: Old_plymouth

Post Number: 6
sada
Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 4561
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 11:25 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
just wondering if is it possible for dark days ahead
do u need to get a contract with dn?
any one know something about it..

Why do you get a job and pay like the rest of us working people?

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 4564
"Legal subcription of dn in canada "
i think u forgot to read the heading of thread..

Silver Member
Username: Cntrlaltdel

Post Number: 266
It's illegal to sub DTV and DN in Canada... having said that, no one ever gets busted for paying a sub. If DTV or DN figure out you're in Canada, they shut your box down.
I've literally had cops laugh at the fact of busting someone for paying a sub for a foreign dish... it's Canada, not North Korea. The only reason it became illegal was the CRTC was trying to protect Canadian companies from going bust and still trying to keep the Canadian content guidelines in place on Canadian television... which pretty much means Canadian channels showing 90% American programming plus 10% Canadian sports and news.

Gold Member

KICKIN AZZ, TAKING NAMES

Post Number: 1046
Well said Bill! You said what I meant to say

Silver Member

Post Number: 394
I remember back in the day, when I was visiting friends in Canada, they would ask me to bring cigarettes.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1780
Bill...Tell that to Mili and his customers, they got busted for selling and buying DTV and DN subs in Canada...

Gold Member

New York Citay in-HD, NY

Post Number: 4129
Mili got busted for many other scams
These things are not criminal to warrant an arrest
These are civil issues
If Satellite provider finds out yor bending the rules all they're entitled to turn off yor receiver as it is in their control

Look at a scammer like Madoff
The son of the b!tch had a 60 fu*cking Billion dollars scam and still walking free
I think that makes Mili or stealing PPV are saints comparing to Madoff

Don't make a websites selling DTV or DN in Canada
One box under the table won't get yo in trouble

Silver Member
Username: Cntrlaltdel

Post Number: 267
I never said dealers don't get busted, but usually they're dealing in piracy which gets the cops attention in the first place... most of the time it's douchebag BEV/cable employees turning them in.

Back in the HU days the RCMP busted quite a few dealers in Canada... since then they really haven't touched FTA boxes because they're legal, and they've stated it's up to the service provider (BEV) to secure their signals... not law enforcement.

Username: Search

Someone mentioned big dish users? They are not being bothered by anyone! Many people subscribe to foreign dishes, worst case and very unlikely scenario, is you would be told to cancel service. People paying for foreign subs are not a major concern for authorities.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1781
King...some cases are CRIMINAL , not all are civil....depending on what actually is done and the jurisdiction..

Bill... I agree that most individual end users doing piracy don't get bothered...but if they're subscribing illegally, thats another story and will be charged, if caught...

and dealers is another story all together, don't matter if if its piracy or subscribing, they do get legal actions against them always..

and FTA piracy is 99% safe if ya don't mess with IKS, or have a big mouth and pissed off neighbor or ex friend..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14631
This thread is about legal subscription to DN from Canada - whether full or sub.
If DN accpepts you then it is DN's responsibility.
If you sub by pretending to be in USA, DN won't bother you except cut off the subscription when they come to know about it.
The aw you are breaking is Canadian law relating to "piracy of signals". I am sure if you fight to the supreme court, you might even win.
Nobody is likely to sue you, so relax.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 8127
The only problem that i can see is the tax you not paid to governments.

Silver Member

Post Number: 401
It would be unpatriotic not to pay your taxes.

Gold Member

KICKIN AZZ, TAKING NAMES

Post Number: 1048
Rico Suave
Silver Member

Post Number: 401
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 05:47 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It would be unpatriotic not to pay your taxes.

Good one!!! And we found out since that statement, just how many Democrats actually pay their taxes

Silver Member

Post Number: 403
Tiger,
I have nothing to worry about. NOTHING. I earn less than 250k. It will not be a problem for me.

Gold Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 1170
Joel
Username: Slow990

Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 07:06 pm:

Just a note to all of you.
I have been an observer for about two months and I want you all to know that I appreciate all of your input. And of course thanks to the programmers. You have no idea how nice it is to have all the DN. My situation is that I am newly divorced lonely, and with out enough money for a cheeseburger. But I can see a good game or movie in the privacy of my home.
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 2415
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 405
Right on Tooter.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts