Is it just me. Double Channels

Silver Member
Username: Guanajuatos_best

Tacoma, Wa

Post Number: 244
Hi,
I have a Vs extreme, what happened was that my locals are on sat 119.
And when i tune to them in the bottom it says 110. That happens with my locals and a couple of radio channels.
When i go into sat settings on 119, on the top right corner it says that its getting signal for 110.
My settings for the sats are:
for both are the same on ocs-dp
the only difference is that for 119 i have it on diseq port#1 and for 110 its on port #2.

I did a factory default loaded new bin file plus the sat file from the viewsat site.
I did a channel scan and got some channels but most of them are double and still no locals and no USA network. I missed RAW yesterday.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 7682
The Only Paisa Left

Did you use a dish 500?

If no put the LNB Type on Standard.

If you want deleted the duplicated channels, go in menu channel scan then delete the satellite with the garbage can and do the setting in satellite setup and do a blind scan then a autoscan with auto Tp "off", you can do it for both satellites.

After each scan return in satellite setup and be sure that the setting is right because the settings can return on default.

Gold Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 1121
Plymutt its nice to see you edited your post earlier.

If you are in antenna settings with 119 selected and it says "found 110" your diseqc port is wrong-

thats pretty basic plymutt don't see how you missed that

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 7683
Twit aka dimwitt

The viewsat receivers after a scan, change the satellite setting by itself on default and you need to re enter it.

Learn idiot.

Silver Member
Username: Guanajuatos_best

Tacoma, Wa

Post Number: 245
Yes its a Dish 500.

Will try that.
Thanks

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 7686
You are Welcome

Bronze Member
Username: Ddluv

Every city , All All

Post Number: 13
Veiwsat - Guide for Deleting all Channels without a Factory Default This is a simple guide for deleting all channels before rescaning without doing factory default ! Using remote go to main menu then go to Channel Organization then go to Edit Channels with right arrow highlight garbage can then press F3 all TV channels will be deleted then press button for radio channels and press F3 again all Radio channels will be deleted then press exit when asked Do you want to save changes select (YES) when done exit out now you can scan satilite with out getting duplicate channels. (note) It is good to do this weekly because of channels changing and moving ! Hope this helps Enjoy !!

Gold Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 1125
Its a good thing you don't hi-jack threads..LOL

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 7698
Rico
Use Tp 12486 for populated the EPG.

Gold Member