Tuner problems with Samsung LCD

Bronze Member
Username: Dmehling

Post Number: 11
I am having some very frustrating problems with my new Samsung LCD TV, and I need to decide whether to return it or not. A couple weeks ago I purchased this TV and connected it to my rooftop antenna, and it worked great for about 20 minutes. All of the digital channels came in very clearly. However, the signal became very weak over time with a terrible picture. After playing with the cable and its connection to the RF input and holding it just right we could manage to get a good signal, but if we let go of the cable the picture would start getting messed up again. However, analog signals came in pretty clearly. We had a friend over who is a TV repairman and his opinion was that the digital tuner was bad. So we returned it, and purchased the same exact model from another store with the same exact results. Digital signals worked great for a little while and then went bad while fiddling with the connector could bring back a good picture. Analog signals also came in fairly decently. Other family members are convinced that the problem is with the antenna. However, we tried connecting to a converter box and a portable digital TV with a great digital signal. It really seems like the problem is with the Samsung, but I can't believe we would have the same exact problem with both TVs of the same exact model.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us