Digicipher 2 piece of cake for the coders

Silver Member
Username: Jay_w_grayson

Prague, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 538
Lot of good channels here to hold us until they crack the big ones.
Star Choice on Anik F1R at 107.3°W
http://www.lyngsat. com/packages/starchoicef1.html

Bronze Member
Username: Lavaboy

Post Number: 51
Really? Never heard of anyone cracking Star choice?

Silver Member
Username: Bernardmi

Post Number: 348
Have you guys ever seen the image quality on StarChoice ? Bring a bucket. You will be puking a lot.

Silver Member

Prague, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 540
lava boy...Really? Never heard of anyone cracking Star choice?

Why would anyone tried.
We had Bev and Charlie.

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2484
star choice can not be hack

The Outer Limits yes I have and I agree plus they have sh!tty packages

Bronze Member
Username: Boquack

Post Number: 40
Like I told yo,
Moto have a bigger hammer
And they not afraid to use it.
I told King Tapeman
No way yo can decode DCII, PowerVu, or Videogard DSS.
DVB is an open format with a global license.
All the other ones are licensed to the hilt.
Soon as yo start to dig, yo be hit on the head with your own shovel.
If King disagrees with me, he can say so here.
I am not a wannabe knowledge guy.
I am the real deal.
Ham at 10, extra at 11.
So MOFO, get a clue.
Sukka

Silver Member

Prague, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 542
King Bushwick the 33rd...your post is time and dated.
We will see Mr. King.
Like the man said there are alot of 7/11 Cowboys here.

Silver Member

Post Number: 349
If you all want a good laugh, just type "sound problems on StarChoice" in Google and enjoy the show. It is better than any of the wild threads going on here by Nalin, Sada, gregraf, LK, Tiger. Plymouth or you Doreen !!!!

You will laugh your hearts out at the sound problems (micro-cuts) millions of customers are complaining about. And StarChoice telling their customers their equipment is the problem and StarChoice has nothing to do with it.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 7581
The Outer Limits

The sound problem on StarChoice is a
misaligned dish,bad switch, bad connecter or bad LNB problem, so it happen on HD channels and Horizontal signal.

Bronze Member
Username: Lavaboy

Post Number: 52
Really? So it has not been done but it can be done easily? I have no problem with their packages, they have everything i would want to watch. Yes really!

Silver Member

Post Number: 353
No Plymouth. StarChoice installers went twice to my friend's home (the installation was brand new) and signal was solid at 100%. They changed the LNB and the receiver and the problem is still there. Technicians called their OP center and they told the technician that could only be resolved by new software.

Note that both time I was present there watching the installers.

Problem is that if you do a search on Google, this problems seems to have been going on for months...

Username: Doreens_vagina

Love , To fook Doreen

Post Number: 2
I am with Doreen as you can tell by my user name, but disagree with her on SC, they are OK

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 7589
Bernard
I had do a search and i have posted the result that i had found on many sites but this problem seems to be only on HD and Horizontals channels.

But you are surely right, because it's the first time this problem come to my ears.

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2486
COWBOY

"I am with Doreen as you can tell by my user name"

WRONGGGGG

I don't even know you. So stop it. Your creeping me out.

Silver Member

Post Number: 354
Yes Plymouth I agree it is on HD channels. And it seems it is a software problem that has been occuring for a long long time and SC does not fix it !

Drugstore Cowboy this is a forum on Electronics and Satellite TV. Behave accordingly ! You won't get an audience here. Go out in bars or red light districts to solve your problems.

Love , To fook Doreen

Post Number: 6
Sorry Doreen, I was just getting even with you for the toilet stick you did on me. I meant it in fun, thought you would laugh as well? Same as I did when you had photo of me in toilet? Me bad,Doreens vag to retire here in matter of moments.

I thought you would laugh along with me

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 7596
Bernard
Here a CRTC complaint against Shaw(StarChoice) for the HD SuperBowl providing.

Complaint against Shaw

The Complaint

CTV noted that, on 3 February 2008, Shaw carried two FOX-HD feeds (i.e., east and west) of the 2008 Super Bowl on its Vancouver and North Vancouver cable systems. According to CTV, instead of substituting the CTV-HD West signal over both FOX feeds, Shaw substituted the CTV signal over one FOX-HD signal only. CTV also noted Shaw's claim that it could not substitute over distant signals (i.e., over the eastern FOX feed), but contended that this is a tactic used by Shaw to circumvent its HD simultaneous substitution obligations and disregard the Commission's order requiring it to perform complete HD simultaneous substitution.

Reply by Shaw

Noting that it has performed HD simultaneous substitution with respect to the CTV-HD station in Vancouver since 31 December 2007, Shaw stated that earlier implementation delays were due to technical issues linked to new digital signal processing equipment and software that had yet to be resolved in such a manner that there would be no impact on the quality of service delivered. Shaw further stated that most of the technical issues regarding the implementation of HD simultaneous substitution have been resolved, resulting in a 99% success rate.

Shaw explained that, to perform the HD simultaneous substitution, it uses a digital video splicer '" a network device that manages the digital processing of video and audio input streams for the purposes of grooming, multiplexing, and inserting digital signals. Shaw noted that the splicer is very sensitive to variances in the quality of the digital video and audio inputs and signals it processes and is used to process signals from many different sources. Shaw admitted that, with respect to the 2008 Super Bowl broadcast, the digital video splicer equipment did not perform all substitutions. However, Shaw also categorically stated the following: "unlike the admission by [Bell TV], Shaw took absolutely no steps to direct our customers to non-substituted FOX-HD signals, or to market the availability of an unsubstituted U.S. signal. There was no intent by Shaw to undermine CTV's carriage of the [Super Bowl]."

Reply by CTV

CTV described Shaw's explanation for its failure to implement HD simultaneous substitution as "somewhat disingenuous." It noted that Shaw has been reluctant to provide simultaneous substitution on an HD basis ever since the Commission's policy on such substitution was introduced four and a half years ago. CTV also noted that, as recently as the fall of 2007, Shaw refused to implement the necessary technological upgrades to implement HD simultaneous substitution, and reconsidered only under the threat of a mandatory order.

CTV submitted that, during the month of January 2008, it made numerous HD simultaneous substitution requests relating to other nationally broadcast NFL games. According to CTV, on each occasion, it was informed that Shaw did not have the technology to effect the simultaneous substitution over distant signals on an HD basis. CTV added that, on the day of the 2008 Super Bowl, the General Manager of its Vancouver station spoke directly to Shaw about the fact that it was not substituting over the Detroit FOX-HD signal and was informed that Shaw did not have the technology to do so. CTV stated that it was unaware of any time since Shaw supposedly implemented its simultaneous substitution technology that Shaw has performed such substitution over a distant signal. CTV submitted that this culture of non-compliance must be addressed by the Commission.
------------------------------------------

It seems that Shaw does not have equipment for provide HD from CTV FEED.LOL

Love , To fook Doreen

Post Number: 8
The Outer Limits
Silver Member

Post Number: 354
Posted on Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - 09:42 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drugstore Cowboy this is a forum on Electronics and Satellite TV. Behave accordingly ! You won't get an audience here. Go out in bars or red light districts to solve your problems.

Where was outer limits with his high and mighty ethics when Doreen had a photo of me in toilet bowl eating crapola?

Sorry Doreen, dish er out but can`t take er?

Silver Member

Prague, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 543
Some people are saying that Star Choice
can't be hit. OK

DirecTV + or - 18 Million Subscribers
Security System Videoguard

Dish Network + or - 14 Million Subscribers
Security System Nagravision 3

Bell TV + or - 2 Million Subscribers
Security System Nagravision 3

Star Choice + or - 1 Million Subscribers
Security System Digicigher II

The bigger the business the bigger
the Security.

If Videoguard and Nagravision 3 are not the best, then tell me why DirecTV
and Dish Network are paying Millions for their Security System?
Some of you are saying that Star Choice can't be crack,
Well Dish Network and Bell TV had theirASS crack using
Nagravision Security System. They must be stupid as Hell.
If Digicipher II as some of you are saying can't be hack, then why is
Dish Network and Bell TV are still using Nagravision Security System and not
Digicipher II ????

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2507
Star Choice was Canada's first launched direct-to-home satellite television service provider.

Star Choice uses the Digicipher II digital transmission standard, initially designed for use in the cable television industry. Digicipher II was developed by General Instruments, one of the most respected manufacturer of television distribution systems in the world. Digicipher II delivers unmatched video and CD quality sound, perfect for home theater systems.

Digicipher II is the standard of choice, for the television industry across North America. Star Choice is also the only DTH service in Canada to use true Dolby Digital technology. Today's Star Choice receivers are also ready for High Definition Television (HDTV) and Star Choice offers 2 HDTV channels to viewers equiped with the HDD201 decoder.

Through the use of Digicipher II technology, Star Choice allows consumers to receive "first generation signals" for many of its stations, which means unmatched picture quality for you, the viewer:

A "first generation signal" is a signal being received as it was intended to be received when it left the studio where it was initially encoded.

A "second generation signal" is a signal that was decoded and re-encoded, before being sent over to your receiver.

First generation signals come from the broadcaster, straight to your home.
Upload
Second generation signals are decoded and re-encoded before they get to you, resulting in a slight signal degradation.
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
Doreen,
I have a SC sub and I love it! I do not understand why KT won't address me here in this forum. I told ya's repeatedly that DCII, DSS Videogard, and PowerVu weren't, can't, and never will be hacked because of licensing/copyright issues. Like Dolby, you can't just build a "Dolby Circut" without a) the knowledge and b) the license. Otherwise free room and board at Cartier's place is imminient...........

So King, stand up and defend yourself!

Bronze Member
Username: Boss_hog

Post Number: 57
FTA TESTER ----brings up a good point.

Why did Bev and Charlie went back with
Navgravision security if Digicigher was
never hacked or as King is saying never will be?

BTW... King you are saying that...can't, and never will be hacked because of licensing/copyright issues. Don't
Navgravision Security also have
licensing/copyright issues.

Since when does a crook worried about
licensing/copyright issues?

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2509
some interesting reading

http://faqs.cs.uu.nl/na-dir/Satellite-TV/4dtv.html

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2510
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4DTV

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
DVB is an open standard with an open license.....it is not encryption, just a delivery protocol. DCII is owned (pwned) by Motorola, maybe General Instrument. It is a protocol AND an encryption method at the same time whereas DVB and Nagra are not.
This is not C/P just an observation, not trying to pick fights, just encourage discussion.........

BTW Nimda......that photo is epic.........ha ha ha.

If KT gave 2 s__its, he would join the discussion..........I guess he done got DETHRONED!!!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us