N3

Bronze Member
Username: Bhangal

Post Number: 12
PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT IS N3, I HAVE DISH 118.7 BUT STILL SOME CHANNEL IS NOT WORKING LIKE MH1,ALPHA

Silver Member
Username: Liger

Post Number: 141
Oye Bhangayaw, bhau MH1 te Alpha Ulpha ni chalna. Qyonki, Dik-head-works ne nava jinda lawea hoo te ehnu kende ne NAGRAVISION 3. Shota kerke ehnu kende ne N3. Lagg Gia pata honn N3 ki Cheez aa. Chal ja honn Saag Utte Ghay pa ke le ke aa. Bhukh booat laggi. Chal sheti ker, tapusian na mari ja.

Silver Member
Username: Lomna

Post Number: 474
Mr Liger, I like that. Well explained.

Silver Member

Post Number: 142
Devin you understand what I wrote?

Silver Member

Post Number: 477
Yes ! I'm punjabi too.
Hey, liger, I do have problem with getting color pic by using component wire connected to my tv. I did change settings at A/V setting by changing from s-video to YPbPr. I got some color but strange colors. Help me if this can be fixed.It is sv4k.

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
Hanji Bhaji/Bhanji (devin sounds bhaji) let me know.

I have an SV4K and SV360P. Both have good picture. But one is running on 50" plasma and other on 52" LCD. But I have an old crt tv sitting in my garage. And I've tried both boxes on that TV. Here's the interesting point, Picture quality is better on that 27" old sanyo than both of my big tvs. Why, because old crt tvs were made for "SDTV" (standard definition). Now here's what I'll recommend, don't waste your money on Component cables unless you have "HD Box" and "HD TV" But best thing to go with HDTV is HDMI as you know. The reason I'm saying this is because I tried component and s-video on my HDTVs with and "SD Box" and quality is simply not there. I don't know what kind of TV you have, but if you wanna do try a different cable, I recommend S-video, its easy to use and there's virtually not noticeable quality improvement. Get an HD Box nagra 3 is hacked. As for now, Bhau aven cavelan te vadu daley na kharchi ja, foto futo ta bauti ondi ni. hulla chal fe mai kia vera sat sri akal.

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
Aho leh ik gall hor, teri devin shaad cavel kharab hove. check kari hor kisey cheez nal la ke. ok.

Silver Member

Post Number: 478
Yes, you are right. The cable Blue wire (component wire) wasn't fully in.
checking wire is the basic rule. We should have checked it in the first place.
Liger, also I have samsung plasma 1080p. May be I could be wrong but while using sv4k component quality is better than s-video ? My tv has only one s-video.That I'm using for dik basic box.There aren't so many indian HD available, so I just decided to get dik basic.
Liger, I need ur advice on connecting laptop to tv. My laptop doesn't have hd or svideo but vga outlet. But tv has hdmi,s-video and vga. what options I have ?I thank you

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 7504
Devin For your laptop use VGA input, this input is the best, better than HDMI.

Silver Member

Post Number: 480
PLYMOUTH... THANK YOU.

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
Since your laptop has VGA, that is the best thing to go with. But devin, does your laptop support 1920x1080? IF not, you are not gonna get very clear picture. BTW, VGA is not better than HDMI. But for now, it is probably the best choice for you devin.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 7507
Liger
For a latest laptop VGA is the best, few laptop can provide HDMI signal but VGA give better picture.
I agree with you that source from Blue-ray HDMI in 1080p give better result.

Gold Member
Username: Oleg1474

Florida Usa

Post Number: 1193
13 Feb 09, 18:28
KGB: OLEG Ph.D told me new stim signal comming very soon.Nagra-3 compeate 100% new prog B85

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 7523
Thanks Oleg PH.D

Gold Member
Username: Oleg1474

Florida Usa

Post Number: 1199
What's N3 and does it affect me?
by Oleg Ph.D. -- Staff Writer for Dish/NET

Various satellite signal providers choose to add a level of encoding on the video making it more difficult for FTA receivers to display. Currently providers in the United States use something called "Nagra 2". Five years ago the "Nagra 1" codes where used and now certain providers are moving to "Nagra 3". Even very experienced FTA users are confused by the transition so here is some information from KGB that may answer your questions.

It is not unreasonable that a satellite company or Free-To-Air station wants to provide viewers with more options. To make that happen they use a special type of card that looks like a credit card but contains a microchip running software. These cards are called "ROMS" and fit into non FTA receivers. When a satellite company wants to offer new features, such as new methods of interaction or a new signal decoder, they must SWAP all of the cards that all of their millions of customers have with new cards. Over a period of time new rom cards will be shipped to existing customers and old cards will no longer work. This is called a Card Swap and has recently been started by at least one of the major providers and will start soon with others.

Here are some common questions and answers.

Q: Will my existing receiver be able to handle N3?

A: Little is known in the public about N3 at this time but most people believe that manufacturers and coding teams will find a way to support N3 on all popular receivers that are currently in the marketplace. Some receivers with less processing power, memory or other resources may not be able to handle this "Next Generation" of decoding.

Q: If I am not sure that a receiver will handle N3, should I spent my money on a new receiver or just wait?

A: This is a good question and there are two ways that experts are advising. Some experts are just not sure and they recommend buying a low end receiver for now and waiting and then switch to the best receivers as they prove support for N3. Others, including KGB, think that more powerful FTA receivers will be the first to support N3 and having one now is a good investment and will likely prove to have less downtime. KGB loves the way his HD receiver can record prime time shows in HD format free over air from my local network stations and this is worth the investment.

Q: Will I loose my FTA channels?

A: FTA receivers have many purposes. If you are using your receiver for OTA ATSC (Over the air signals sent by your local networks in digital and often HD format) then you will not have any problem and the N3 card swap will have no impact on you. The FTA hobby is perfect for watching international stations available on many different satellites that will not be impacted in any way by N3.

Q: Is one brand likely to come out with support faster?

A: Some people think that it will be a great sales advantage for the manufactures to support N3 before anyone else and in some cases this will happen. Generally speaking, the FTA community is just that, a community of hard working coders. Some hardware companies even use the same coders and coding teams. As information becomes available, these teams will likely share with each other so that everyone can learn and the hobby can move forward. Some receivers will have less downtime than others.
Thanks Oleg Ph.D (good luck!!!!)

Bronze Member
Username: Jabberosx

Post Number: 32
bhenchod.. jithe vekho N3 is definiton apne aap hi chepi janda hai.. hor koi kam nahi lagda ehnu

Silver Member

Post Number: 150
jabber wah bi wah... ki furmaew... sahi veera sahi...

Silver Member
Username: Asplover

Post Number: 107
I just want this to be cracked now. It has taken too long.

Bronze Member
Username: Meyerlansky

NYCUSA

Post Number: 59
I love bhangra! and FTA. O chok de Bhangra!!! Brua!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us