Help? P.U.F.F to P U F F?

Username: Mikebolaris

Post Number: 2
I'm new to the whole FTA world and so I started reading about it for the past couple weeks on the terminology and some basics that goes behind my Pansat 2500A box.

The thing is that my friend came over and set my box up a couple of weeks ago (b/c at that time - I didn't know anything). The only thing I did from that point and on was learn how to put the bins (from ecoustics) into my box and I did that successfully.

Unfortunately, the last bin that worked for me was the Fwank7_PUFF_292 (i tried 299 and 295 but didn't have much luck). Fastforwarding to now: I figured that since the bin for satellite TV was out, lets get on line and find a new bin. Needless to say the new bin that was out was the "LZMA" bin. So I did the following:

1. Open UkRoNiC's BOX Updater .421Loader.
2. Open PUFF_VER1.0.3 bin into Loader.
3. Turn receiver ON and " LET RECEIVER FULLY BOOT UP TO ON or CHANNEL # ".
4. Hit download on Loader.

Receiver reboot with P.U.F.F. P.U.F.F. and got stuck on " F. ".
Turn receiver OFF from back switch.

5. Open Jvvh-Team-PUFF Loader.
6. Picked Fwank7_Jvvh-Team-PUFF_(Lzma)_V206 bin.
7. Turn receiver ON and soon as I saw the " P. ". I hit download on Loader.

I didn't check to see if that bin would work or not. Went right to BL 1.4.0.0 and put the "Fwank7_Jvvh-Team-PUFF_(Lzma)_V207_SW-21" bin and put it onto my Pansat 2500A reciever.

So the Lzma v207 and the Lzma v206 didn't work.

Now I'm thinking that maybe I didn't convert P U F F -> P.U.F.F. correctly and so I wanted to convert P.U.F.F. to P U F F and follow the steps again.

Any help appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Lavaboy

Post Number: 45
Assuming everything loaded correctly? Before going back to the P U F F I would try loading the UKR_jvvh team lmza puff207 bin. I had a lot of problems with fwank 207lmza puff bin, spent an afternoon going back and reloading, jtagging etc and in the end it was the bin itself? I am not 100% sure but to go back from the P.U.F.F. I think you need to Jtag?

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 14229
LZMA 206 and now LZMA 207 DO WORK.
If you have LZMA_207 do the following.

Do system reset.
Do hardware reset (Off at back and on)
Do user Setup.
Do Antenna setup.
Do One sat blind scan.
Let it autoroll, and view TV.
Scan other sats.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
seems to be a big difference between the Fwank...207puff and UKR...207 puff? The fwank was causing all sorts of problems loading channels the UKR_ worked well. i did try system reset, blind scan, removing switches, different lnb etc. I am using a FLU not pansat

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14230
lava boy: Over the last one year with the latest PUFF_LZMA_207, I have had exactly the opposite experience.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
Yes I used the fwank7 bins as well without issues, but this time I seemed to have more luck with the UKR bins? Major issue was the multiple channels and missing channels on scanning. Seemed to miss transponders on blind scans?

Post Number: 3
BIG PROBLEM:

I don't know what possessed me but I decided to do this. (keep in mind I had P.U.F.F. already.

1. Start 2700 to 2500 Program (it has a little Lightning Sign for the Program Icon) conversion software by Chancysand.
2. Select Boot in the Loader software.
3. Select Boot60 from the distributed software.
4. With the receiver ON, click on Download.
5. Wait for write to complete.
6. You will see horizontal night riders. DO NOT PANIC.
7. Close the 2700 to 2500 conversion loader and
8. Start BL Updater 1.4. Select 294T BIN. Get redy to click "Write"
9. Turn receiver Off and On, and as soon as it starts with the horizontal bar or even before it starts with the bar start "Write". Wait for "BURN" to finitsh and the receiver to come to "ON" state .
10. KEEP RECEIVER ON.
1. Start the BL 1.4 updater.
2. Select Chancy's or jvvh 253 boot/Bin 640K file. In the Folder you will find the File "Jvvh_Fortec-Pansat_CanAm_(PUFF)_253_(640K)" and File "CS_253T_PUFF_BOOT_Serial_Lightning." The file name must have the word PUFF in it.
3. With receiver showing ON, Select BIN in the Loader and start write BIN.
4. When it has loaded it will say BURN on the loader software .
5. DO NOT SWITCH OFF.
6. When BURN is completed, your receiver will reboot and say P-U-F-F

PROBLEM IS: NOW MY RECIEVER WILL NOT EVEN TURN ON.

I click on the switch from the back and nothing!!

Help!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14235
It seems you are in for a jtag.

Post Number: 4
sorry bro, I have no idea what that means.

Bronze Member
Username: Lubfr01

Post Number: 77
oh this link is so funny Mr Bolaris is Hilarious.... I mean ha funny.....

Post Number: 5
well, you learn from your mistakes.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14236
Mike Bolaris: During certain manipulations of the boot/ bins of receivers, you cause a situation which seems like your receiver has died. In reality, it is like it has gone into deep sleep.
To awaken it, you need to do a procedure called jtag. It is more involved than writing Boot or BIN to receiver. You need to buy a special cable called jtag cable, most readily obtained from e-bay. It cost between $7- 20. If you open your receiver you will see a 10 or 12 or 20 pin (male) connector, connected to nothing. Count the number of pins.
You will also need a 25 pin Parallel port on your computer. The software and instructions are available for free from many sources.
The procedure is more involved that doing conversions, but i notice from your attitude that you are quite ready to accept challenges.
Alert me if you are going that route and I will give you some URLs for software and instructions, if you do not already have access to these.

Post Number: 6
First and foremost, I want to thank everyone for helping me out with my scenario.

After reading quite extensively, I finally understood what JTAGging means and I believe if I were to do this - it will be somewhat challenging for me - in terms of time (which I don't seem to have these days). But hey, who is not up for the challenge!! Just like the Turtle and the Hare - eventually, Turtle did become victorious; but I digress.

So here is what I did:
1. Open up the Pansat 2500A Box.
2. Took a couple of pic's of the circuit board.
3. Realized that I need to manually solder the JTAG Header.

Now the issue becomes: The sodering on the board is very close together - I'm going to have to figure out a way to do this very carefully. Also, I'm going to try to figure out who sells the 20 pin jtag headers.

Here are a couple of pics so far of my DIY project:

Upload

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14238
This is bit more complicated for you than I thought it would be. If you are happy with the soldering iron, you could make your own cable and solder it directly to the board. Do not forget to use the resistors.

Here is a URL to some files and instructions. Tiger Woods and Plymouth in this site might be able to help more

Jtag files and instructions
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us