FOR NALIN N

Bronze Member
Username: Link119805

Post Number: 47
Hi Nalin...I noticed under Lyngsat that they have Echo 7 along with Anik F3. I guess they took away 119 since Anik F3 is 118.8? Or did they combine all the programming on Echo 7 along with Anik F3? I have both...a 119 and 118.8 (DN 1000+) LNBs...Should I just be using one LNB to get the programming for both? What are the TPs for either one? thank you for all the help!

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 14212
Echo 7 and Anik F3 are separate Sats. They are so very closes (angular measurement) in Orbit, that if you point to one you are also pointing to the other.
Dish makes a separate special LNB for getting both 118.7 and 119, but puts out the signals separately on two different output ports.
application/mswordUpload
DP 1000+.doc (66.0 k)

Note that the 500+ and 1000+ have a 5" wider dish - about 30" dish.
In the generic marketplace, I recommend CB2008A LNB on a 33" dish. There is also a DGL 1189s LNB made by Digiwave. Both these LNBs are slightly different from the DishPro LNB. The generic LNBx have two outpus, but each output carries 119 and 118.7 signals. so effectively theyt are designed for conecting to two receivers. The Dish LNB can only be connected to one receiver or be channeled through a DP44 to more receivers.
Since the Dish receiver has separate outputs for 119 and 118.7, you connect these outputs to separate input ports of a switch and in your receiver you programme the Echo 7 and Anik F3 slate separately. The crucial difference in the setup is that you use LNB Fre 10750 or less for the Anik F3 connection and 11250 for the Echo 7 slate, and a separate port number.
You do essentially the same for the generic LNB, but use the same port number for both Anik F3 and Echo 7, usually port 1 of diseqC.
With the generic LNBs, Blind scan is sometimes not accurate - you get too much or two little. So lately I have resorted to manually entering the TP list of each and doing a scan all for each. In receivers where there is no slate for Anik F3, I simply use any one of the others, such as Anik F2 slate and change it to reflect my needs for Anik F3. I copy the TP list from Lyngsat. You will see that it starts at 11715V for Anik F3, and at 12224 for Echo 7.
I have also used a single scan using LNB frequency of 10750 and LNB type as Universal2, but after various trials, i have found two separate scans the better way of doing things.

Bronze Member
Username: Link119805

Post Number: 48
thank you very much!

Silver Member
Username: Jay_w_grayson

Prague, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 383
Steve M
Hi Nalin...I noticed under Lyngsat that they have Echo 7 along with Anik F3.

Only when you check the Package.
Anik F3 at 118.8°W
http://www.lyngsat. com/anikf3.html

EchoStar 7 at 119.0°W
http://www.lyngsat. com/echo7.html

I guess they took away 119 since Anik F3 is 118.8? Or did they combine all the programming on Echo 7 along with Anik F3?
I have both...a 119 and 118.8 (DN 1000+) LNBs...Should I just be using one LNB to get the programming for both?...YES
Digiwave DGL-1189S is a good one.

What are the TPs for either one? thank you for all the help!.....The two Links I have listed above will give you the TPs and all the info.

Silver Member
Username: Jay_w_grayson

Prague, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 384
Sorry to cut you off, I didn't see you . Like they say my Bad
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us