Pansat 3500 SD : No Indian channels

Username: Xscess

Post Number: 2
guys, myself a newbie tryin to help a friend (also a newb) with is Pansat 3500 SD.

After flashing X-05BL 090122 V311 api nocard full emu to his 3500, he restored 'Channel Master' backup from my Pansat 2700a. Now he's getting almost all the US channels, just not South Asian / Indian channels (Echo 3/Ku i guess).

He used to get all the Indian channels with his existing setup few months ago and haven't flashed / changed anything afterwards. (i think he's got 3 LNBs)

He did blind scan / scan all for Echo 3/Ku but to no avail.

Any help is highly appreciated. -xscess

Gold Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 1073
My guess would be to start over -
factory default , do antenna settings and scan each sat.

some of those channels are scrambled , but should be displayed in the epg

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 7159
Check the LNB Type in regard with your LNB.

Do a autoscan with Auto Tp "off" for get maximum channels.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 14159
I am pretty certain, there is problem with the DisEqC switch setting or Antenna setup related to switching. Your Channel list will install the switching according to your physical setup, and your friends switch connection might be different. This would be easy to correct on a 10 minute phone conversation with and instruction to him.

Post Number: 3
Thanx a million Nalin and Plymouth.

Nalin... sounds like you are spot on. I have 4 LNBs and he's got three ... and yea, we are like 1500 miles apart. Does angle of dishes etc come into the picture ?? I was wondering myself, how come he got almost all US channels.

Ok, so what would be the best way to solve this mess... flash the 090122-311 bin again and then blind scan or something ?? (or can I get 3 LNB setup 'channel master' backup from somewhere...!)

His setup: Dish Pro with dual LNB, Dish 500 with 1 LNB. C00lsat branded (not sure though!) DisEq switch. Pansat 3500 SD.

Thanks again Nalin. -xscess

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14160
Als check that you are using DisEqC 1.0 in antenna setup and not 1.1

Post Number: 4
Nalin, you mean on his set up right ??

The thing is his setup was up n running few months ago... Since one of his other friend moved out he stopped using it but he hasn't changed a single thing since then... I'm calling him right now to find out the DisEq number

Post Number: 5
Nalin, Ok he's got DisEq 2.0 C00lsat 4x1 freq 950-2400 Hz and there are three LNBs/cable connected to that switch.

Thanx.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14162
We have to presume for this exercise that his Dishpro has the 110-119 channels, and that he is/was getting Indian channels on either 61.5W (Eastern areas of USA) or 148W, (Western areas of USA) from Dish 500 LNB.

He should set up his Echo 3 or Echo 1,2 again, because your channel list would have overwritten what was there. In doin so, since your 110/119 were identical to his, there was no problem, but he has problem with the 61.5 (or 148) because his connections are different from your.
In the Echo 3 or Echo 1,2 slate he should put,
LNB type: standard
LNB freq: 11250
His disEqC connection should be type 1.0 and port 3 or 4.
He should look at the 110 119 setup, which I think would show Ports 1 and 2. What ever he uses for port conection for 61.5 (or 148) should not be either of the ports that are used for 110 and 119. Then he should do a blind scan. He should get about 9 TPs on Echo 3 (61.5). If he is on 148W, i do not know the number of TPs he would get, but it seems looking at Lyngsat that it could be as many as 15 TPs. He should try both the free ports and see which one is connected to his "Indian channel dish"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us