Heard that channels are moving to new satellite??

Bronze Member
Username: Aryan

Mississauga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 96
Nalin i mean experts (any one else also),

i recently heared that Dish is going to move its channels to a different satellite, and then we need different boxes and dishes. is that right??

expert comments pls, and how soon that could happen.

thanx

Silver Member
Username: Jay_w_grayson

Prague, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 358
ary an.... only one person here that can answer your questions.
Start a new thread and ask fot King Tapeman.

Btw I had to change your name in my post.

Error
The following words are not allowed on this discussion board:
arya n
Please revise your post to remove the words indicated above.

What does your name mean?
they allowed you to use that name but they will not let me post using that name.

Bronze Member
Username: Joel16

Post Number: 40
Arya n is an English word derived from the Sanskrit "Ārya" meaning "noble" or "honorable".[1][2] However, the earliest occurrences of the word (in the Rigveda) have been explained by P. Thieme (1938) as meaning 'hospitable', derived from ari (friendly) 'stranger', as can also be seen in Arya-man, the name of the god of hospitality and, hence, marriage exchange.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 14143
"recently heared" - how recently?
Dish has moved practically all of International channels from 121 to 118.7.
61.5 is somewhat reduced in number of International channels, and also gradual migration to HD.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 7148
Ary an
Where you hear this, cause the only new satellite that can be used by Dn is Nimiq 4,
so i don't think they use this one but the new Nimiq 5 not launched.

Silver Member
Username: Rekman

Mntl-Quebec-...

Post Number: 519
Hi PLYMOUTH.
Last day you told me that I can find DISH FINDER from 7$-25$.

I tried to look online but couldnt find any.
PLYMOUTH do you know any online shop or any shop in Montreal where I can buy for the Price you said !!.

Please give me the site and shop name.

U know tomorrow will be -17°C. You imagine me, standing on a ladder outside...moving the Dish in unprecisely direction..with a handfree mobile trying to communicate with my wife who is inside and saying ''No quality.. ein turn a little more.. no no you must get it somewhere around .. OK quality increasing but still red ..its not green.. ooopppsss you turn too much, now there is 0 quality ...RE-START turning..''
hahaha PLYMOUTH.
Help please}

Silver Member
Username: Lomna

Post Number: 457
Most sincere and to the point answer by Nalin and Plymouth here. Thank you both.

Silver Member
Username: Kingsatman

James MacPhuck, Middlesex co... Canada

Post Number: 455
"Last day you told me that I can find DISH FINDER from 7$-25$."
They are on e-bay for $10
Waste of money
They work like beepers most receivers got built in beepers just refer to manual and turn it on

"U know tomorrow will be -17°C. You imagine me, standing on a ladder "
Can always hire are pro or wait to spring
It's easy 1 to 2 hour job

I would get a small portable TV with long ext cord with receiver
Good Sat finders start at $425

Silver Member

Prague, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 363
Like this bad Boy
Upload

Silver Member

Mntl-Quebec-...

Post Number: 520
Hire a Pro-Guy, !!
they charge more than my receiver and Dish satellite cost !!!... LOL...

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 7150
MKM
I use one as for this one:
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Accessories/Meters/SF95L-DSS-FTA-Satellite-Si gnal-meter.htm

It work great, you get strong signal with it, you use your receiver for know if you are on the good satellite then do the fine tuning with it.

So you not needed a Satellite finder who cost 425$, this thing is a very good box but to expensive and using by dish installer.

I buy mine at Acces Electronic, a store you can find in Montreal.

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 3081
dont' need a meter
just go to www.dishpointer.com
it has all the details,may have to play a litte

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 7156
African
With meter you don't need to bring the receiver on the roof.
You must have it for aimed a motorized dish.

Gold Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 1070
Plymouth
Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 7148

Posted on Friday, January 23, 2009 - 05:53 pm: ---------
Ary an
Where you hear this, cause the only new satellite that can be used by Dn is Nimiq 4,
so i don't think they use this one but the new Nimiq 5 not launched.
===================================

Plymouth Where you hear this,
dn using bev birds-

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 7157
Form 8-K for DISH NETWORK CORP

17-Mar-2008

Entry into a Material Definitive Agreement

Item 1.01. Entry into a Material Definitive Agreement.
On March 11, 2008 (the "Effective Date"), EchoStar Corporation ("EchoStar") entered into a transponder service agreement (the "Transponder Agreement") with Bell ExpressVu Inc., in its capacity as General Partner of Limited Partnership ("Bell ExpressVu"), which provides, among other things, for the provision by Bell ExpressVu to EchoStar of service on sixteen (16) BSS transponders on the Nimiq 5 satellite at the 72.7i½ W.L. orbital location, all in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Transponder Agreement. The Nimiq 5 satellite is expected to be launched in the second half of 2009. Bell ExpressVu currently has the right to receive service on the entire communications capacity of the Nimiq 5 satellite pursuant to an agreement with Telesat Canada. On March 11, 2008, EchoStar also entered into a transponder service agreement with DISH Network L.L.C. ("DISH L.L.C."), a wholly-owned subsidiary of DISH Network Corporation ("DISH Network"), pursuant to which DISH L.L.C. will receive service from EchoStar on all of the BSS transponders covered by the Transponder Agreement (the "DISH Agreement"). DISH Network guaranteed certain obligations of EchoStar under the Transponder Agreement. DISH Network was EchoStar's former parent corporation and is an affiliate of EchoStar by virtue of their common controlling shareholder, Charles W. Ergen. In addition, certain officers and directors of DISH Network, including Charles W. Ergen, are also directors and officers of EchoStar.
Under the terms of the Transponder Agreement, EchoStar will make certain up-front payments to Bell ExpressVu through the service commencement date on the Nimiq 5 satellite and thereafter will make certain monthly payments to Bell ExpressVu for the remainder of the service term. Unless earlier terminated under the terms and conditions of the Transponder Agreement, the service term will expire fifteen years following the actual service commencement date of the Nimiq 5 satellite. Upon expiration of this initial term, EchoStar has the option to continue to receive service on the Nimiq 5 satellite on a month-to-month basis. Upon a launch failure, in-orbit failure or end-of-life of the Nimiq 5 satellite, and in certain other circumstances, EchoStar has certain rights to receive service from Bell ExpressVu on a replacement satellite.
Under the terms of the DISH Agreement, DISH L.L.C. will make certain monthly payments to EchoStar commencing when the Nimiq 5 satellite is placed into service (the "In-Service Date") and continuing through the service term. Unless earlier terminated under the terms and conditions of the DISH Agreement, the service term will expire ten years following the In-Service Date. Upon expiration of the initial term, DISH L.L.C. has the option to renew the DISH Agreement on a year-to-year basis through the end-of-life of the Nimiq 5 satellite. Upon a launch failure, in-orbit failure or end-of-life of the Nimiq 5 satellite, and in certain other circumstances, DISH L.L.C. has certain rights to receive service from EchoStar on a replacement satellite.

Silver Member

Prague, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 364
Why not use King's Clock

Upload

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 1072
- 16 TP's at 72.7 - nimiq 5
Thanks!

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 7158
Tooter you are Welcome

Silver Member

Mntl-Quebec-...

Post Number: 521
PLYMOUTH.. thanks my friend..
I am going down to montreal .. to buy it. Thank you... . Will give you news about it when I come Back.. chaaoooww !!!

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 7163
You are Welcome my friend MKM

Silver Member

Mntl-Quebec-...

Post Number: 522
PLYMOUTH.. before I leaqve let me ask you one thing.
Do you know the ohone number of the Access Electronic !!,, where it is located in montreal ..

I would go to the same shop you went.
otherwise I am going to a shop which is found on Queen Mary Street Montreal.. there is a black guy who owns a shop. a good guy indeed...

If you give me phone of your Access Electronic I would go there otherwise...

QUICKKKKK Reply pleaseeeeeeee... I must leave. PLEASE Answer quickly

Silver Member

Mntl-Quebec-...

Post Number: 523
PLYMOUTH its now 13.15. was waiting for your answer... Am leaving.. will be back.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 7164
Sorry MKM
I'm come back.
Acces Electronic Montreal
43b, boul. Brunswick,
Dollard-des-Ormeaux QC. H9B 1P7
TA©l.: 514-421-2755
TA©lec.: 514-421-0554

Here is the product: