DVI to HDMI, setup multiple displays - NVIDIA card doesn't detect any HDMI signal

Username: Chris81

Post Number: 1
Hello guys, I will highly appreciate your assistance.
I am sure that there are many topics about this but I think I have read most of them and didn't find the solution to my problem.

Recently I have purchased a new Sharp AQUOS LCD 32'' (HD ready, 2 HDMI ports etc.). I have NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT 512RAM (it has VGA, DVI and S-Video output), the current driver is 181.20 (I think the latest). In order to connect the PC with the TV I have purchased a 5m cable DVI-HDMI. The first time I connected the PC and the TV, I started the NVIDIA TV Wizard / Display Wizard - it has detected the HDMI and asked for resolution..., everything went smooth and I have successfully setup a Dualview and Clone modes (I was able to set the HDMI format to 1080i).

Couple of days later, I started the PC and I noticed that my mouse doesn't move out of the primary display. I started the TV to the correct input and there was no signal, when I went to the NVIDIA Control Panel the Sharp TV was not listed. This was very strange and I started testing different settings, resolutions, rebooting, changing the HDMI port etc. Once I changed the HDMI port, I was able to run new Display Wizard which asked me for the HDMI format and it was ok (after numerous tests). Then I tried changing to the first HDMI port and everything was fine for another couple of days.

Now I had to make some house arrangements and I had to disconnect the TV. When I connected everything as it was there was no signal.
I tried running the wizard once again without any success. It seems that now the NVIDIA is not receiving any signal from the TV, there is no Sharp TV recognized and the only thing I can see when I try to setup multiple displays is simply TV. The Television Setup Wizard says that this is TV, Connector type: Auto-select, Signal type: M/NTSC

I can no longer detect the HDMI signal (on both HDMI ports) and I don't have any ideas how and why this has happened - it was working fine!!!

Does anyone had such issue and is there any solution to this? Is the problem with NVIDIA dirvers or something else? I will be glad to receive suggestions and some basic step-by-step guide to fix this problem.

Thanks,
Chris
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us