PUFF 205

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 13931
Currently there are two BINs - Nick and UKR. Because of freezings on UKR BIN, I would suggest the NICK version.
I have NOT tested either yet.

PUFF_205 for FLU/2500 Conversion to 2700
Full kits for Latest conversion BINs and other files - also for Revert to 2500

[link removed]

Download and unzip into separate directory.
This appears to be a full EMU version. Slightly changed instructions have been posted in the kit and also separately. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT WITHOUT READING INSTRUCTIONS.

DO NOT LOAD LATEST 205

WITHOUT DELETING ALL CHANNELS FIRST,

AND RESETTING.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13932
The instructions are posted in separate file. PLEASE read instructions and print them out, so you have at least a successful load.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13940
PUFF_205 Stuck on 'F' '" Full Recovery Kit.
If you are stuck on 'F', Use 'Stuck on_F.zip
All necessary files are included
Tested with Nikk PUFF_205 - included

Alternative Stuck on 'F' link

Download and unzip into separate directory.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT WITHOUT READING INSTRUCTIONS.

Username: Abac

Post Number: 7
I followed all the instructions for loading Puff 205. Blind scan satellite (did not go beyond 78%, then I exit). No TV but scrambled channel.

Can anybody help with this problem

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13941
"Blind scan satellite (did not go beyond 78%, then I exit)."

Blind scan is two stage - first it finds the transponders, then it starts scanning each transponder for chanels.
If you got all the transponders, and then continued and suddenly stopped at 78% (this happens now and then), you should exit out and scan the remaining transponders individually.
Which sat were you scanning? How many transponders did you get?
You can also manually load the full list of transponders (add transponders) and then do a scan all. Use Lyngsat lists for this.

Username: Abac

Post Number: 8
The stage 1 was completed - where it scans all the transponders. It picked 32 transponders.

Its only in stage 2, where it scans the channels, it stopped at 78%.

I scanned 119W and it gave me some channels at 78%, but none of channels would work (should the channels it scanned not work now?). I tried switching the box off and then on as well but no use.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13945
Just scan one TP, and without exiting see if any of the 5-10 channels are visible. Do it with 2-3 TPs. If OK, scan each TP individually.
Also start with a hard reset (switch off and on from the back).
There is a version of PUFF_205 available now from Fwank7 - likely to be more reliable and bug free.

Username: Abouelteem

Post Number: 6
Dear Nalin
There should be awebsite that give you dish directions to point the dish towards the satellite in different US cities
would you give it to me please
one more thing did dishnetwork change the the LNB type needed for 110/119?
I have a level but do not have a signal quality I am not sure what to do, help please
Thanks

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13955
Try http://www.dishpointer.com/
LNB type for 110/119 remains unchanged. There is new one for 118/119 ---110 for 500+. Add 129 to it to make it 1000+. The Dish is 30". If you need it you can get it as a repointing kit. The 118 gives you Internationals.

application/mswordUpload
DP 1000+.doc (66.0 k)

Username: Abouelteem

Post Number: 7
Thanks Nalin
I will see what I can do about this, if it is not much trouble, i might be needing you help again
Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Muki

Post Number: 17
I was running the 204 bin,now I instaled the 290.No transponders found (blind scan).What do I do?

Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us