Need Help with 1000 plus dish

Username: Tim995785

Post Number: 1
I am having problem getting the signals on my new 1000 plus/network plus dish, which points to 110,119,118.7 & 129. I mounted the dish by using the correct skew and elevation settings and using the following settings.

Receiver = CW600P

Dpp44 switch settings
Port1=119
Port2=110
Port3=129
Port4=118.7

Yes, I am powering up the switch through the first receiver plug which is for power insert.

119 sat:
I am getting 99% quality and 97% strength. Looking good and giving me 175 channels.

110 sat:
When I try to get some signals on 110 sat, it always give me strong signals for 119 sat but never gives me 110 signals at all. I even tried to connect this LNB directly to the receiver with out going through the switch and gave me the same result.

129 Sat: C_EchoStar5(129w)
This sat gives me only 3 TP settings and no quality or strength on any tp. I even tried to connect this LNB directly to the receiver with out going through the switch and gave me the same result. Do you guys also get only 3 tps under 129 sat? Please remember, I don't have the HD receiver yet I just want to get the signals for the future HD receiver.

118.7 Sat: AMC16(118.7w)
This sat gives me only 9 Tps and no quality or strength on any tp.

If 119 sat gives strong signals then rest of the sats should line up accordingly but don't know why they are not. I know I am not doing some thing right. If any of you know what I am doing wrong please let me know I will really appreciate it.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 6734
Mike use this for aiming your dish:

http://satcalculator.freehostia.com/

Try with different Tp for best signal.

Bronze Member
Username: Boss_hog

Post Number: 23
Mike Brown
119 Should give you close too 300 channels

129 should give you 5 TPs

118.75 should give you 17 TPs

make sure your Dish Mast is Level
and secure.

check your Satellite look angles

Upload

realign your Dish

Bronze Member
Username: Fattay

Post Number: 55
Mike,Try Dishpointer.com.Make sure you use Multi lnb (match) your dish set up. Like Sandman stated,plumbing/leveling, your mast has to be the first,and most important step. Also the skew setting for your area,lines up your dish with the sat's orbital ark/arch/path. Powering/switching with the DPP setup has to be left for the vet's on this forum. Hope this helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us