Sony Lamp Change

Silver Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 396
I have a KDS60A2000 which will be in need of a lamp change shortly.
Do I need to buy the entire assembly or just the lamp?
Is it important to get a Philips lamp or will any OEM rated lamp be fine?
Who else would make this lamp? Osram?

So far, so good, though I think that after 2 years of pretty heavy use, the screen brightness is dropping.

Bronze Member
Username: Onecall

Spokane, WA

Post Number: 12
Leo,

I would always suggest just purchasing the entire lamp assembly. It does cost more, but eliminates the headache and possible problems that can occur just trying to replace the lamp in the existing assembly. If you buy the complete assembly it only takes a few minutes to replace the lamp and you're off and watching again. I've hear a few horror stories from customers who have tried to just replace the lamp.

You're probably already aware, but your TV will need the XL-5200 lamp. http://www.onecall.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=34343&BCPID=200

Just a suggestion, after you replace the lamp if you have something like the Avia or Video Essentials it would be a good idea to re-adjust the picture on your TV.

Matt @ OneCall

Silver Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 403
I'll run DVE about a month after the lamp change.
I am comfortable with technical things and will use either vinyl or latex gloves for handling the lamp and assembly.

I think what I'll end up doing is a complete swap, than purchase a bulb and rebuild an assembly for a spare.

That way I'll always have a spare ready to go even though lamps last a Long time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us