Need Your Opinion on which C-Band LNB to Purchase

Bronze Member
Username: Toney

Antigua

Post Number: 72
Hello Everyone,
I am trying to get your opinion on which C-Band LNB to buy to keep in my spares. I am looking at these two C-Band LNB. They are as follows:

1 Precision 15 k LNB

2 High Stability 20 degree C-Band LNB

Can you advise me on which one I should purchase in terms of performances and also I would get my money worth? Thanks in advance for your responses.

toney.

Bronze Member
Username: Tdti1

Post Number: 90
I would not touch any cheap lnb's, go with a Norsat 8115 or a quality Cal Amp.

Bronze Member

Antigua

Post Number: 73
Thanks Teddy for your response and also your opinoin. I really appreciate it.

toney

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 3875
Norsat is way over priced
There are many low cost C-band LNBs
Like:
- ASC-211
- ASC-421
- BSC-621
I do not recommend BSC-621-2

The above LNBs are designed for prime-focal to produce true C-band Quality
If yo use them on an offset dish antenna they will work but not as stable as prime-focal dish antennas

Yo can purchase C-band LNB from:
http://wsidigital.com/c-band_lnb_f.htm
Ask for Robi or Hal
Most important when yo purchase an LNB the seller must be knowledgeable enough to give yo an honest advice

King

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
The Stability is the most important thing with lnb's those cheap lnb's and lnbf's have bad stability, if you are a real feed hunter and you try to pull in feeds with very low symbol rates and sensitive fec settings you will not go wrong with a lnb like the 8115 with a stability of 100 KHz it works great for raw feeds.

The Norsat 8215 is not bad and the 8515 is ok for the casual 4dtv/dvb user don't waste money on anything with a stability of over 500 khz, these are all dro lnb's, pll lnb's are great but they are pricey and my 8115 can lock and hold most feeds my buddy pulls in with his 3120 pll, most of the stuff I can't lock does not interest me as it's mostly just data, I do have issues with some feeds with the 10' mesh he has a 12' solid and can lock them, I need a bigger dish :-)

Username: Boxcar

Post Number: 4
Andre,

I am in a weak signal area in the West Indies and have tried Norsats, Cal Amp, Avantek etc. So far, the Norsats and Precision units have been best for C band analogue and digital signals here.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
For weak signal issues you will need a larger dish, a quality lnb will help lock many feeds low quality lnb's will not see or be able to hold due to the lack of stability, dish alignment and size are very important. Also a lnb like Cal amp and Norsat will outlast the cheap lnb's.

Bronze Member

Antigua

Post Number: 74
Thanks Everyone for your response. I really appreciate it. Country Man, I am also from the West Indies. I am living in one of the southern Islands.

toney.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us