Magnavox 32" LCD TV plays fine until it warms up then lines appear on the screen no pic.?

Username: Rudypew

Philo, OH USA

Post Number: 1
Hi I got this 32" magnavox LCD TV used for my wife for XMAS and didn't expect any problems but here it is. The TV powers on fine and plays great then after several minutes (5-10 min. at the most)the pic. freezes and the colored lines appear and it changes colors but the pic. doesn't come back on. If I turn it off for a minute it will play again but shorter than before probably due to being already warm from the first time it worked. I removed the back and cleaned everything real good and turned it back on without the back on it and put a box fan behind it to keep whatever is heating up cool and it played for 30 minutes or more so I put the back on it and set it up with the fan and it is currently working but if the fan is off it goes out. What could be heatig up and making the pic. go out like that? I didn't see any fans in the TV for cooling so something is getting warmer than it should but I have no idea what it could be. Any ideas? Thanks Joe
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us