Dish 500 probs

Silver Member
Username: Scabz

Knoxville, Tn Us

Post Number: 416
I have 2 dishes and I use the same settings on both and on different tv's. My second dish using a viewsat ultra lite will not take the same settings. It wants to use port 2 to tune in echo 7 instead of echo 10. So, I cannot tune in echo 10 because it wants to tune in echo 5. What am I doing wrong. I have hooked up several dishes and never have had this prob.thanks

Silver Member

Knoxville, Tn Us

Post Number: 417
Where is everyone ? I use to get fast answers from people. I need help !

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 6386
scabz
The viewsat latest bin give some problem.

Try the bin from ftahq.com, if it not work , wait for the next bin.
The latest bin came out too fast.

Silver Member
Username: Picanha

East LA

Post Number: 195
Upload

Silver Member

Knoxville, Tn Us

Post Number: 418
Can I get a real answer please ? I mod xbox 360,s and psp's . Something so easy as a sat and receiver shouldn't be much of a prob. I just figured that I could get a quick reply only because my dad want's to watch local football tomorrow. The local's are on echo 8 & 10 and I only get echo 7 right now. So, please no bull sh/t .

Bronze Member
Username: Potshot

Post Number: 37
Are you sure you've got your dish pointed correctly? If it's a little too far west you'll pick up echo 7 on the echo 10 lnb and nothing on the echo 7 lnb.

Silver Member

Knoxville, Tn Us

Post Number: 419
Actually I'm picking up echo star 5 instead of echo star 8&10. So, I'm thinking of shifting a little more south rather than west. Does this sound right ?

Bronze Member
Username: Potshot

Post Number: 38
The dish should be pointing southerly to begin with. If your standing behind it rotating it to the left that would be east to me and right would be west.

The way I set up a dish is to set my elevation and skew properly then make sure my post is perpendicular to the ground using a bullet level. I just dead recon my pointing until I get some signal and quality on both satellites then tweek it as necessary until the signal and quality is peeked and about the same on both birds.

I'd say rotate it a bit to the east or your left if your standing behind it and see what happens. But if your elevation and/or skew is off significantly and/or your post is not perpendicular to gravity you'll only be able to pick up one satellite if your lucky.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us