What to do with Deactivated / Flagged DTV Receivers?

Username: Owenlaw

Post Number: 1
So, I picked up 4 receivers (three H20-600s and one H20-100)at a liquidation auction 2 weeks ago for $5 each. I listed them on eBay almost immediately before stopping to ask whether they were leased or owned, I guess I was just assuming if someone was selling them, they had the right to be selling them. Of course that wasn't the case. I called Directv and they told me the receivers were property of Directv and the person's account had just been sent to collections. They said that the receivers were flagged and anyone I sold them to would not be able to activate them, and that I ought to try to get my money back from the person I purchased them from. I asked if there was anything else I could do to clear up the situation and they said I could send the receivers back. They didn't offer to send me boxes or help me out in anyway, so I don't think I'll be paying out of my pocket to ship (shipping costs would be around $50 or more to ship 30lbs of receiver) these things back to them and I won't be driving back to the auction house to try to demand my $25 back. All of that we be far exceeding the cost of what I originally paid in both shipping and effort. I am however wondering what if anything I can do with this equipment. I somehow managed to score about 7 access along with all these receivers which was my primary purpose for buying the lot. I used to know a little bit about Directv testing 5 or 6 years ago, and I remembered the cards being pretty valuable and somewhat hard to come by. Silly me, not doing my research before causing myself all this trouble. So the question is, what if anything can I do with all this stuff? Sell? Tinker? Reprogram to do something worthwhile (I'm an engineering student)? I suppose if I don't come up with anything good, I'll smash them, but I'd like for that to be a last resort.Upload

Gold Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 1559
You just wasted $25, so suck it up...nothing you can do with any of that now...you can sit on it , store it away, and hope someday that DTV is cracked again and those cards are still in use then and there is a way to unmarry them from their original receivers...or you just bought 5 door stoppers and useless cards..

Silver Member
Username: Tigger_woods

WONT BE GOLFING, UNTIL BUICK OPEN

Post Number: 822
Richard you can still use/sell these units for legit DTV service!!! Do not destroy them, I repeat do not destroy them!!

Richard, phone DTV back and ask them, if you pay off the past due accounts of the former customers, then will they activate them??

that should take care of it!!

The other option is just hang on to them in the event that some great hack might become available.

There was a day when I had DTV receivers with a module in them that gave me great free DTV. In those days it did not matter if a receiver was flagged.

Silver Member
Username: Tigger_woods

WONT BE GOLFING, UNTIL BUICK OPEN

Post Number: 826
Richard you can still use/sell these units for legit DTV service!!! Do not destroy them, I repeat do not destroy them!!

Richard, phone DTV back and ask them, if you pay off the past due accounts of the former customers, then will they activate them??

that should take care of it!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us