Just ordered one of these

Gold Member
Username: Lol

Post Number: 1193
Yeah baby let the blackout begin

Upload

I have so many movies specially HD ones
should be sweet

Combined with a My Passport portable drive (sold separately), this player is the most convenient way to play HD movies or user-generated videos, listen to high-quality digital music and show high-resolution slideshows of your family photos on your TV. Also works with popular USB drives, and digital cameras, camcorders, and portable media players that can be recognized as mass storage devices.

Designed for My Passport, works with many other USB storage devices - Play content from most popular USB drives,and digital cameras, camcorders, and portable media players that can be recognized as mass storage devices.
Full HD video playback and navigation - up to 1080p - Experience the spectacular picture quality of HD video and crystal clear sound clarity of digital audio. Use the included remote control to navigate through your entertainment choices using our crisp, animated HD menus.
Collect without limits - There's no limit to the size of your media collection; just add more USB drives for more space.
Advanced navigation

* Thumbnail and list views -- Browse your content by filename or by thumbnails of photos, album covers and movie cover art.
* Media Library -- This unique feature lets you view all your media by media type in one menu regardless of its location in folders or drives. You can view your content by categories such as genre, album, artist and date.
* Search -- Search by genre, title, artist, filename and partial filename.

Photo viewing

* Create custom slide shows with a variety of transitions and background music
* Zoom and pan
* Search by filename, partial filename, most recently viewed and date

Movie viewing

* Fast forward, rewind, pause, zoom, and pan
* View subtitles

Music playback

* Fast forward, rewind, pause, shuffle, repeat

Access two USB drives simultaneously - Two USB ports on the player let you connect two USB storage devices and access them simultaneously. Our Media Library feature aggregates the content on both drives into one list sorted by media type.
HDMI and composite video connections - The High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) port lets you connect to the highest quality HDTV or home theater. Additional composite (RCA) outputs ensure compatibility with virtually all television sets.
Includes free media conversion software - ArcSoft MediaConverter 2.5 -- a fast, easy-to-use application that converts photo, video, and music files into formats optimized for use on the WD TV HD Media Player.
Ultra-compact design - Fits easily into your entertainment center.
Ideal For

Hassle-free playback of HD movies, home videos, digital music, and photos on your TV.

System Requirements

* My Passport portable hard drive or other USB storage device with supported video or audio content stored on it.
* Standard or high definition television with HDMI or composite video connections

Package Contents

* HD Media Player
* Stand for My Passport portable drive
* Compact remote with batteries
* Media converter software (Windows only)
* Composite AV cable
* AC adapter
* Quick Install Guide

Silver Member
Username: Bernardmi

Post Number: 288
Neat interesting product! You did not mention price but found this add. At $99 it is a good investment indeed

http://www.slashgear.com/wd-tv-media-player-does-1080p-and-plays-mkv-0321235/

Silver Member
Username: Bernardmi

Post Number: 289
Now..... why would it cost $150 in Canada... Another ripoff !

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 4362
hi paul with this product can u record movies from fta rec even let say u don't have a pvr built in fta rec,
i have a similar dvd player lasonic that i can download files from computer and watch it on tv,

Silver Member
Username: 3dges

Compton

Post Number: 109
Thats a cool little device. Sucks that it is $150 in canada yet $100 in the U.S.

How much did you pay for it Paul?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1194
paid $99.00 plus shipping said it was in stock so we shall see

I have the sv8000 hd and usb harddrive But too complicated to convert downloaded movies to the .ts format easy to convert .ts to mpeg2 tho or avi with videoredo

sounds like it plays all formats so maybe it will play the .ts

been downloading all BRrips i can find

just didn't like the price of bluray burner plus player

this should do nicely specially if i go for a network Usb Hdrive

right now i use a USB hardrive to store my movies on so sounds like hook it to this little box and start watching mmmm

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 6307
Nice box Paul

.ts is DVD format

Gold Member

Post Number: 1197
MPEG transport stream

Silver Member
Username: Luser

Post Number: 346
HD movie download 8gig takes forrever, HD movie $30, HD TV $999, 5.1 surround system $299. Sure your ready for a blackout?

Bronze Member
Username: Kayoss

Post Number: 93
Nice purchase Paul. Please let us know if you buy anything else of interest. This community is starving for valuable info like this.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4363
i use this , got it cheap from kijji, for$ 50 .. and interanl disk drive for $ 50 so $ 100 for this product,

Supported File Formats MP3, WAV, MPEG-2, DivX, MPEG, JPEG so i can download movies from internet and watch it using this dvd player, most movies are already in these format so i don't need to convert them,
it also support avi format,
will be handy in " near days"

good thing about this dvd player it that it comes with Hard disk drive, u can buy any internal hard drive , insert it in this media cassete , download movies from computer and watch it on ur tv, how cool is that

Lasonic HV670 DVD Recorder
Lasonic HV670 DVD Recorder
User Rating: Lasonic HV670 DVD Recorder (2 reviews)
Price Range: to at stores
Related Searches
: hard disk dvd recorder, pioneer dvd recorder, panasonic dmr-ez27k dvd recorder, hd dvd player recorder, cyberhome dvd recorder, dvd recorder players, hdd dvd recorder, rca dvd recorder, sanyo dvd recorder, dvd hdd recorder, dvd recorder and player, magnavox dvd recorder, sony portable dvd recorder, toshiba hd dvd recorder, dvd to dvd recorder, phillips dvd recorder, panasonic dmr-eh55s dvd recorder, panasonic dmr-ez17k dvd recorder, blu-ray dvd recorder, sony dvd recorder, blu ray dvd recorder, More More

* Compare Stores & Prices
* Product Details
* Product Reviews

Description

Disc Capacity: 1 - With Progressive Scan - With 250 GB Hard Drive
Details
Main Features
Manufacturer Sku HV670
Brand Lasonic
Model HV670
Disc Capacity 1
Progressive Scan With Progressive Scan
Memory Features
Hard Drive With Hard Drive
Hard Drive Capacity 250 GB
Acoustic Features
Surround Sound Decoders DTS, Dolby Digital
Audio DAC 24 Bit, 192 KHz
Compatibility
Supported Playback Formats CD-R/RW, VCD, SVCD, DVD±R/RW, DVD Video
Supported Recording Formats DVD-RW, DVD+RW
Supported File Formats MP3, WAV, MPEG-2, DivX, MPEG, JPEG
Video Standard Type NTSC, PAL
Additional Features
Picture Viewer With Picture Viewer
Video DAC 54 MHz, 10 Bit
Remote Control Basic
Color Silver
Connectivity
Rear Audio Inputs Digital Audio (Optical): 1
Rear Audio Outputs Digital Audio (Coaxial): 1, Stereo Audio (RCA): 1, Digital Audio (Optical): 1
Rear Video Inputs Component: 1, S-Video: 1
Rear Video Outputs Component: 1, Composite: 1, S-Video: 1
Dimensions
Height 1.97 in
Depth 10.43 in
Width 16.54 in
Weight 6.66 lbs

Gold Member

Post Number: 1198
doesn't do hd tho right sada ?

Semore Butts:

have
46" Sharp aquos Tv
5990 yamaha 7.1
sv 8000 hd
Toshiba DVD player/recorder

yeah bring on the blackout its time to do some reviewing lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 4365
yep u are right that dvd player doesn't do hd..
paul for the one u order do u need any special harddrives or is it built in usb, and u can plug external harddrive,
reason why this i asked b.c mine came with pc media disk and i had to buy an int hard drive (ide) which fits in that media cassete
but i haven't try to record any stuff from my fta rec to dvd player, i don't think its possible,
with urs it does so vote goes for urs,
i would had buy the one that u mentioned,
if i knew about it..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1202
alot of Discussion about the WD TV HD Media Player for USB Storage Devices here

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=e96e7fc0f2511e7a4fecb21331f8b109 &t=1080840
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us