FTA......what to get??

Username: Jl2929

Post Number: 1
I have a Pantec 2500ultra. But i've had it with this box, and i want to get something new, but not to sure on what is the best out there.

any ideas??

Silver Member
Username: Guanajuatos_best

Post Number: 234
Get Nfusion

Silver Member
Username: Fakeman1

Germantown, Maryland USA

Post Number: 189
Jon....wait to see what goes down in the next two months.

Silver Member
Username: Slo_hand2

Post Number: 506
What receiver is best hmmm the age old question,LOL.
All receiver do what they are meant to do, that is to receive True FTA signal, out of the box. There is not much difference in that aspect. I'm sure that is what you are talking about right?
Oh I see you want to use your box for something else, hmm ok, well the answer then becomes support, Who gives you the best support.
Now support is broken down into to segments.
1. The warranty the Manufacture gives you in case you have a problem with your unit. Some offer no questions asked return for repair/replacement, while others have limited.
In any case under this catagory the Manufacture expects the unit to be in the mode that is was sold to you, another words the factory settings, some if not all will not and will refuse to work on any unit that does not have the factory specs, and factory software and programming. So if you unit goes bad you must return it to factory specs prior to shipping it back to the maker. Now if that can not be done I would suggest you you is as a door stop or an anchor, because it is useless at this point.
Btw If your unit is bad think about how long you have had it, and the service it has given you, for the cost of the unit, most cases less then $200.00. So go out and buy another one rather then mess with the old one that must in most cases be sent to China or Korea anyway.
2. The second type of support *and I'm sure the one most interested in is the support given by so called "coders". Which unit comes with the desired " fix" first and the most stable "fix". For that information you just need to see who brags about being "UP" first and longest. But then again remember you have not done anything illegal so you don't really need this type of support Right? Remember to alter your unit to receive Charlie or Bev is Illegal, if you do this you are breaking the law!

In all seriousness first off until the Nag3 problem is solved, I would hve 2 questions,
1. what if nag3 is never broken buying a unit would be pointless so Take a wait and see attitude.
2. You might consider that sellers might be willing to sell these units at a reduced price, considering Nag3 has not been cracked.
So my advice to you is to do your homework, read til your eyes bleed and make a decision based on your own findings, you will have the unit that bests suits your wants and needs, and you might gain very interesting information on this hobby as well.
ah you thought I would recommend a unit sorry!

Please take this info in the context that it was given, with a little fun intended, but also with a snipit of advise.

Gold Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 1531
If you are looking for a "name" of a box, and want reliable quick fix files that tend to last longer than others, and the convenience of not moving the receiver or cables, then USB ready is want ya want too. If "inexpensive" and decent quality and features, is also a factor, then 2 receivers come to mind..

1. Conaxsat Mini
2. Sonicview Premier

If ya want more options such as PVR (recording) or HD, also I would still consider these companies ..just maybe another model from them..

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 13532
Probably the most inexpensive unt in Canada is a Captiveworks 700s - I saw a price of $99 Canadian including a 1GB USB drive.
In these times of uncertainty, it is best to go cheap as long it is reliable and it is a reliable company with good support. Make sure you don't get a clone.

Bronze Member
Username: Boss_hog

Post Number: 13
justforhaha's if you don't mind me asking what is
the connection with you and Nalin? Time, Day or Night
he is right behind you. How long has this been going on?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13537
Mr. Sandman aka LK aka justforhaha's.

We have lived with your soliloquy long enough.
It is time for you to go for treatment at a psychiatric institution.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1534
sandman..nalin has stalked me since her arrival here..I am a true FTA hobbyist who has been here for over 6 years...Nalin is associated with this site, which hates FTA and satellite piracy, and use to redirect all satellite posts to other sites..basically , nalin is a Mole and Rat, in sheeps disguise...I try an expose her and have done that MANY times with her use of many alisases and her mod position here, and her comeback is a feeble attempt to discredit me and my reputation..she wants me out so she can continue her WRONGFUL postings that have OFTEN killed FTA receivers here in the past...noobs listen to her, because they are impressed with her post count and beleive that "GOLD" member actually means something..nalin is just here to bring the sheep to slaughter and feel important...she knows absolutely nothing about FTA, except what she reads from other members here, like myself and others, and another site..she is NOT a TESTER, by her own admission here MANY times, in the archives..

so our relationship is obvious...nalin is here 24/7 as a mod or a few mods, disguised as a sheep bring them to slaughter, and killing FTA and this hobby...I post info on all aspects of this hobby, and nalin follows me and tries to discredit me and that info and do any tactic to get rid of me..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13542
justforhaha's
Gold Member

Post Number: 1534

Please note the registration date. I could not have stalked justforha's since my arrival on this forum, because I arrived on this forum in June 2006 a full two years before the multinamed justforhaha's.
justforhaha's is a suspended ex-member perhaps, but then why the expulsion.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1536
sandman..also notice as you say, how nalin IMMEDIATELY posts after me...by her doing that, it's like covering/blanketing my posts and then my posts get lost eventually as the thread is eventually pushed further and further down the index page and eventually available only in the archives...which nobody ever reads..

nalin and the mods here have been "gang tackling" me for years here and done things which have forced me to change my nick /name here ...but they don't want me to leave either in reality, cause they know that these confrontational posts is like a "soap opera" and brings in other postings and more money from advertisers here..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13545
"justforhaha's is being tracked." That is another one of your paranoid symptoms, besides posting as justforhaha's and Mr. Sandman to talk with yourself.

justforhaha's:

GO SEE A PSYCHIATRIST

Silver Member

Post Number: 507
NOW SEE THAT'S WHY I DIDN'T COME AROUND FOR THE LONGEST TIME, BICKERING, BICKERING, DANG THE BICKERING!
THERE ARE SO MANY PROBLEMS IN THIS WORLD TODAY, AND THE LEAST YOU CAN DO IS TRY TO GET ALONG PEOPLE!
PUT ASIDE THE PETTY STUFF, PLEASE!

And yes I was shouting!

Gold Member
Username: The_coders

Post Number: 1591
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1539
slo_hand....You know me...and I'm NOT bickering...I'm telling the truth about whats been going on here for years...U know it as well as I do!

Doing nothing and NOT exposing the mods here who are the troublemakers also, does nothing to better this place...being passive only encourages the trouble here..then the trouble makers think they do whatever they want...unfortunately then CAN, cause they're mostly the mods too..so either ya nevr post here and hope the site dies...or ya EXPOSE whats really going on...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13559
"justforhaha's is being tracked." That is another one of your paranoid symptoms, besides posting as justforhaha's and Mr. Sandman to talk with yourself.

justforhaha's:

GO SEE A PSYCHIATRIST

Silver Member
Username: Mohamad_obama

Terhan, Iran Iran

Post Number: 253
Just read all of rose bud nalin's threads and yo will find he has followed haha.

He can't come up with anything of value himself, so he has to go around and copy other people's post, especially haha's

He is just a dim witted dot head.

Silver Member

Post Number: 508
I understand ! and it is really not as bad as it use to be , I can remember the time when I thought some people would seek out the other to take it to the next level, personal combat, so it has eased some I guess.
As far as Nalin is concerned I don't know him/her so I won't make judgment on them as yet, I do take into consideration what you say however!
And I do Know LK for a very long time and all I know is he has always tried to steer people (noob or old pro's) in the right direction.

So anyway May you all Have a Merry Christmas with family and friends and be thankful for what each of you have, and may the New Year be better then the last!

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 6290
Haha aka LK, never you ask to all troublemaker for stop them bashing on ecoustics, so all these troublemaker are your friend or you.
Your are a a/s/ hole and help nobody with all your bad comments on newbie and helper.

A/ss hole one day, a/ss hole always.

Silver Member

Post Number: 509
LK is LK and I am me and have been for many years.
I met lk, when I first came here and he has always been straight with me.
plymouth I would respond by bashing you but I'm not that kind of person.
I can see I am not doing any good here so I will go back to my usual sites and leave you all to your hateful tones ( not you LK).
Why do you stay here anyway, you could be of so much help at other sites with the knowledge you have, there are plenty on noobs to help.
maybe in 6 month I'll come back and find some nicer more pleasant people here.
So anyway

MerryChristmas to you all, maybe the Christmas Spirit will cover you and you will be happier!

Bronze Member
Username: Teknofreak

Post Number: 26
CAN U GUYS HELP ME PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX MY PANSAT 2500A .IS THIS NEW BIN 201B AS SAME AS THE LAST JVV299 AND DO I NEED TO DO ACONVERSION TO GET THIS NEW BIN TO WORK AND HOW TO DO IT AND WHERE CAN I GET THE KIT THANX IN ADVANCE N MERRY XMAS TO ALL.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 6295
Slo_hand2
I tried many time to do peace with Lk but with any result, LK insult me again, again and again and since my first post.
Nalin never bash me.
Voila.

Merry Christmas to you as well

Gold Member
Username: The_coders

Post Number: 1593
"LK is LK and I am me and have been for many years.
I met lk, when I first came here and he has always been straight with me.
plymouth I would respond by bashing you but I'm not that kind of person.
I can see I am not doing any good here so I will go back to my usual sites and leave you all to your hateful tones ( not you LK).
Why do you stay here anyway, you could be of so much help at other sites with the knowledge you have, there are plenty on noobs to help.
maybe in 6 month I'll come back and find some nicer more pleasant people here.
So anyway

MerryChristmas to you all, maybe the Christmas Spirit will cover you and you will be happier!"

Obviously U don't know who LK really is or what she's capable of as she's fooled many others in her game of deceit.

Come back in 6 months, or even a year - it won't matter because she'll be causing the same chit here that she has for years.

Computers, IRC and FTA have driven her far of the deep end and Ecoustics and all it's members are the ones left to put up with her insanity.

Happy holidays to U and yurs as well.}

Silver Member
Username: Punjavi_doo

Post Number: 150
Upload

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us