New PUFF bin still not working

Bronze Member
Username: Ppvok

Post Number: 19
followed instructions and still not working...just get the lower third graphic that shows what channel you're on and it blinks every few seconds but no picture...anyone else has this problem? any help is appreciated..thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
loaded jvvh puff v201 full emu to my ...followed instructions...still not working.

just get the lower third graphic that shows what channel you're on and it blinks every few seconds but no picture

I also did the set default key.

Any idea?

Bronze Member
Username: Arthur22

Post Number: 25
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/534569.html

read this post, hope it helps.

Silver Member
Username: Borinick

Post Number: 468
Used frank bin it works better and when the bin is load and says complete you wait for frist p off puff come out you hit the switch in the back install to you're tv and sit down and relax thats if you have to move you're box rember if you do it regular way and the box will go knight rider and wo'nt work. thanks to justforhaha's7

V201_Full_EMU works good but has same issues as everyone else and that's when you reboot receiver you get rolling PUFF...

If your receiver is not by the computer, soon as download is complete and you see the first" P " turn the receiver OFF...
Then hook it up and power it on but don't turn it OFF again or it will go to rolling PUFF.

end c/p

So to recap...

Load V201_Full_EMU
Let the box reboot, but power off when you see the first 'P'..
Hook up to TV and power on...do NOT shut OFF
All should be ok!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
I did that alread... 2 times... same problem.
I even did a rescan.. still the same.

Username: Tacho

Post Number: 1
the Lothario PUFF_201 BIN is working for me, 119 & 110 are working
Just don't use the EchoStar Package select all insted and don't turn it OFF.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
I am not using EchStar Package. I just rescan 119 then went to ALL an select the next channel. I get scammble channel then the scren blinks then black screen...then it goes back to scrammbled channel.

I think this puff is no good.

Silver Member
Username: Borinick

Post Number: 470
another thing i did was reset it manual by the main menu and then i program it. Good luck.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
What do you need to do after you did the factory reset?

What bin do you need to load first? Bin#?

Bronze Member
Username: Fudbaler387

Post Number: 42
I installed the Frank 201 bin file on to my receiver using the instructing giving...turn off on first "P" after loading bin, do not turn receiver off second time, etc.. and i did a blind scan but i still dont have picture for DishNetwork 110 and 119.
This bin is no good!

Username: Elbido

Post Number: 4
The Fwank7 jvvh 201 is good, I installed it..

http://www.dsstester dot com /download.php?file=7164

Gold Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 1520
Not my work. Credit goes to user Craz:

Ok.. its getting really confusing for some of the members here, and I am amazed how most do not truely search before posting.. sooo.. with this said.. read over this post first before posting about the PUFF EMU. It may have your answer here...

1) Issue: Rolling PUFF - In redneck terms.. this means PUFF just keeps scrolling across the screen.. over and over again. RESOLUTION: Fire up your loader, and reload the EMU PUFF file of your desire. DO NOT DO anything to the receiver, and just click WRITE BIN. Now.. PAY ATTENTION -- If your sat receiver is NOT connected to your TV, then wait for the bin to complete writing. This means, when you see a pop up that says WRITE COMPLETE, and your computer goes "BONG", then reach behind your receiver and hit the power switch to OFF. Now take the receiver to your TV and connect it up the way you would if you really wanted to watch some po*rn. Once connected, turn your receiver on. The rolling PUFF should not happen, and the box should go to ON. If you turn the box back off again, guess what... its going to ROLL PUFF again. Get the idea yet ?

Now.. this part is not for those that had to reconnect everything, but in fact have their lappy connected to their receiver while their receiver is connected to their TV and sat drop. Its easy... just load the bin as you would any other bin. NO NEED to shut off the box at all.. just load it and leave the box alone. Again, once the write is complete, you CAN NOT hit the power switch in the back of the box. It will start rolling again.

Now.. to answer the question about turning off the box using the remote. YES.. you can do this and all is well.

2) Issue: NO SIGNAL AFTER LOADING THE PUFF EMU - Ok. Ask yourself one question. Which file did you use? I tested this theory also. The UKR bin (without SW21) will give you a NO SIGNAL issue. The RESOLUTION: load Fwank's file or load the UKR bin for SW21. Seems to work, do not know why with the UKR, maybe file name issue is incorrect or what not.. no clue, but it works.

3) Issue: After LOAD, CHANNELS DO NOT DISPLAY or DOES NOT A/R - Redneck form again... You loaded the bin file, but when the channel trys to come up, all you see is the channel info, that keeps coming in and out. You do not get scrambled channel, or anything. Just the channel information. RESOLUTION: Also tested on my end: Do a factory reset using your remote, reload the bin file again using ISSUE #1 as your guide, reset sat settings, conduct a blind scan, and vualaa.. all should be working again.

I will update this post as I see more questions coming up.

But please all.. first search and read ALL posts about this issue. All your answers are here, and I personally have read all, and even tested all... even though mine is working fine. Take your time and read over each sentence thoroughly. Read it, perform it in your head, then actually read it again while you actually do the changes you wish to do. Weird thing is, its not much different than loading a new bin as normal. Everyone has just been skipping over a few steps that should be done EVERY time you load a new bin. Fwank has said it time and time again, he does a factory reset EVERY time he tests a new bin. No shortcuts on this one.

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 1739
Good info justforhahas. I'm glad this forum has great helpers like you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us