What Puff works & how?

Bronze Member
Username: Slicee

Bflo, New york Usa

Post Number: 63
what is going on with the latest puff?
what file will work ? i cant bring my fta to my tv so i have to shut it off .hopefully tronics will fix the clone kill!!!

Gold Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 1500
c/p fwank7

V201_Full_EMU works good but has same issues as everyone else and that's when you reboot receiver you get rolling PUFF...

If your receiver is not by the computer, soon as download is complete and you see the first" P " turn the receiver OFF...
Then hook it up and power it on but don't turn it OFF again or it will go to rolling PUFF.

end c/p

So to recap...

Load V201_Full_EMU
Let the box reboot, but power off when you see the first 'P'..
Hook up to TV and power on...
All should be ok!

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 13489
If you are going to use the new PUFF_201 BINs, you will have to accept some limitations. NOTE that this applies to PUFF BINs on 2500/FLU conversions

Rolling PUFF workaround...

c/p fwank7

V201_Full_EMU works good but has same issues as everyone else and that's when you reboot receiver you get rolling PUFF...

If your receiver is not by the computer
, soon as download is complete and you see the first" P " turn the receiver OFF...
Then hook it up and power it on but don't turn it OFF again or it will go to rolling PUFF.

end c/p

So to recap...

Load V201_Full_EMU
Let the box reboot, but power off when you see the first 'P'..
Hook up to TV and power on...
All should be ok!

Then DO NOT SWITCH IT OFF!!

Silver Member
Username: Fahadriz8

Post Number: 149
Nalin I tried that however im getting bad or scrambled channel.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13498
You will have to do user setup and rescan after loading as per Fwank7 instructions posted above.
DO NOT USE CHANNEL MASTER SAVED FILES.
After the rescan you may try and save the files, but I suspect that location withing the memory for storing channels list has changed.

Bronze Member
Username: Harry_longfellow

Post Number: 30
Me too Vince It won't auto roll even after key reset

Silver Member

Post Number: 150
k ill try that but the instructions dont tell u to rescan.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13500
Sorry, Vince. The new full emu bin has thrown everybody off.
When the Pansat 3500 Full EMU BIN came out it took 3-4 version for things to straighten out.

Silver Member

Post Number: 151
its all good braah

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
Nalin, I rescanned and still im getting bad or scrambled channel.

Bronze Member
Username: Pike_376

Post Number: 90
I have converted 2500 to 2700 use puff files can not get any vertical transponders to load on either 7 or 8.10 can someone help me please

Bronze Member
Username: Hockeycraze12000

Post Number: 19
It works for me, just disconnected with the first PUFF and it works perfectly, all channels.

This is what I did.

I loaded it with factory bin.
Then I converted to Puff.
Then I put the Nov, 26 bin on.
Then I put the New bin on.
Disconnected with first P.
Works perfectly, dont even need to rescan.

Bronze Member
Username: Aryan

Mississauga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 85
where is the file in discussion??/

Gold Member

Post Number: 1523
Not my work. Credit goes to user Craz:

Ok.. its getting really confusing for some of the members here, and I am amazed how most do not truely search before posting.. sooo.. with this said.. read over this post first before posting about the PUFF EMU. It may have your answer here...

1) Issue: Rolling PUFF - In redneck terms.. this means PUFF just keeps scrolling across the screen.. over and over again. RESOLUTION: Fire up your loader, and reload the EMU PUFF file of your desire. DO NOT DO anything to the receiver, and just click WRITE BIN. Now.. PAY ATTENTION -- If your sat receiver is NOT connected to your TV, then wait for the bin to complete writing. This means, when you see a pop up that says WRITE COMPLETE, and your computer goes "BONG", then reach behind your receiver and hit the power switch to OFF. Now take the receiver to your TV and connect it up the way you would if you really wanted to watch some po*rn. Once connected, turn your receiver on. The rolling PUFF should not happen, and the box should go to ON. If you turn the box back off again, guess what... its going to ROLL PUFF again. Get the idea yet ?

Now.. this part is not for those that had to reconnect everything, but in fact have their lappy connected to their receiver while their receiver is connected to their TV and sat drop. Its easy... just load the bin as you would any other bin. NO NEED to shut off the box at all.. just load it and leave the box alone. Again, once the write is complete, you CAN NOT hit the power switch in the back of the box. It will start rolling again.

Now.. to answer the question about turning off the box using the remote. YES.. you can do this and all is well.

2) Issue: NO SIGNAL AFTER LOADING THE PUFF EMU - Ok. Ask yourself one question. Which file did you use? I tested this theory also. The UKR bin (without SW21) will give you a NO SIGNAL issue. The RESOLUTION: load Fwank's file or load the UKR bin for SW21. Seems to work, do not know why with the UKR, maybe file name issue is incorrect or what not.. no clue, but it works.

3) Issue: After LOAD, CHANNELS DO NOT DISPLAY or DOES NOT A/R - Redneck form again... You loaded the bin file, but when the channel trys to come up, all you see is the channel info, that keeps coming in and out. You do not get scrambled channel, or anything. Just the channel information. RESOLUTION: Also tested on my end: Do a factory reset using your remote, reload the bin file again using ISSUE #1 as your guide, reset sat settings, conduct a blind scan, and vualaa.. all should be working again.

I will update this post as I see more questions coming up.

But please all.. first search and read ALL posts about this issue. All your answers are here, and I personally have read all, and even tested all... even though mine is working fine. Take your time and read over each sentence thoroughly. Read it, perform it in your head, then actually read it again while you actually do the changes you wish to do. Weird thing is, its not much different than loading a new bin as normal. Everyone has just been skipping over a few steps that should be done EVERY time you load a new bin. Fwank has said it time and time again, he does a factory reset EVERY time he tests a new bin. No shortcuts on this one.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13525
PUFF_201 full EMU for FLU/2500 Conversion to 2700
Full kits for Latest conversion BINs and other files - also for Revert to 2500

PUFF_201 full EMU version
b75_201 for conversions is not available yet

[link removed]

Download and unzip into separate directory.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT WITHOUT READING INSTRUCTIONS.

Please note that the latest PUFF_V201 has a problem with the loading.
After the BIN gets loaded, as it tries to reboot and the first P appears, turn off the switch at the back, and then take it to where you will use it, connect it turn it on and never turn it off again.

Bronze Member
Username: Slicee

Bflo, New york Usa

Post Number: 64
it takes alot to figure this 1 out . maybe tuesday...:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Thischick

Post Number: 17
I used the Lothario V201 puff file and it works. I can't reboot my receiver and I did have to bring my computer to my receiver to load it in, but otherwise it is working fine with no user setup required and I never had to flip the switch at the back at any point of the loading...cheers

Silver Member
Username: Juancho

CANADA Xx

Post Number: 253
I posted at HISPANOS ONLY the link for the new PUFF 201 posted by JVVH, The bin is working ok, no more rolling PUFF problems, do it as usual, note.. it does not works if you have a ch.list, delete all ch, and rescan .It have been working for 2 hrs.

Bronze Member
Username: Popol_vuh

Post Number: 72
Good to know, it would seem it is similar to the tronics bin then, same behavior.

Silver Member

CANADA Xx

Post Number: 256
JVVH is the master, they works together, I tested almost at the same time both bin, no problems. I have the #2 from JVVH ,but I will be waiting for the #1 to fail to load the #2 ,
#1 still working,
C/P from JVVH 5897
Found a better way to do the keys save with a different routine in the bin code. Found an error in scan save defeats.

Bin is still experimental, have box jtag ready.

XXXXXXXXX: I recommend you NEVER do a factory setting, if your ch last needs updating delete all chs and re-scan. I don't know how many times I ve said this. But like not doing blind scans on prov bird, people just dont listen.
Attached Files puff_201f.zip (431.7 KB, 13 views)
Nota, this bin is #2 ,,#1 was removed for him, is gone,but I have it

Silver Member
Username: Jwl1

Post Number: 338
Please note that the latest PUFF_V201 has a problem with the loading.
After the BIN gets loaded, as it tries to reboot and the first P appears, turn off the switch at the back, and then take it to where you will use it, connect it turn it on and never turn it off again.

+++++

Nalin--since this is all new, I'm a bit confused here. There are times when switching off from the back in needed due to certain issues. Therefore, if I understand correctly, one will no longer be able to do this when these issues occur. So, how does one get rid of issues without resetting as has been done in the past?

Silver Member
Username: Fakeman1

Germantown, Maryland USA

Post Number: 190
Spam
WARNING: Use all files at your own risk.

PUFF link
Alternative PUFF link
Alternative PUFF link
Alternative PUFF link
Alternative PUFF link
Your receiver could be doing the PUFFing

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13531
[link removed]

Message from Tronic
Tronics PUFF FEMU bin (Rolling PUFF fix)
"Ok I guess I will release my full Emu PUFF convert bin. It has been running flawlessly on my FLU
for about 8 hours.

JUST IN CASE OF UNFORESEEN ISSUES I RECOMMEND YOU KNOW HOW TO JTAG IF YOU USE THIS BIN!!!

I think it is ok, like I said it has had about 8 full hours of testing here but this full emu bin is a new animal and I don't want to be responsible if anything unexpected happens.

Regards,

Tronics"

Attached Files
File Type: zip Tronics_PUFF_v201_FEMU_RollPuffFix.zip

Gold Member

Post Number: 1532
joe...2 new Puff files have been released this morning where "the do NOT shut OFF" issue has been resolved..

1 file by Tronics..and another by jvvh

use your favorite sites and go get those 2 new Puff files..all sites will have them when ya read this..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13533
there is no rollfix file by jvvh team yet.
Tronic has released his

[link removed]

Message from Tronic
Tronics PUFF FEMU bin (Rolling PUFF fix)
"Ok I guess I will release my full Emu PUFF convert bin. It has been running flawlessly on my FLU
for about 8 hours.

JUST IN CASE OF UNFORESEEN ISSUES I RECOMMEND YOU KNOW HOW TO JTAG IF YOU USE THIS BIN!!!

I think it is ok, like I said it has had about 8 full hours of testing here but this full emu bin is a new animal and I don't want to be responsible if anything unexpected happens.

Regards,

Tronics"

Attached Files
File Type: zip Tronics_PUFF_v201_FEMU_RollPuffFix.zip

Bronze Member
Username: Cecilmac2

Post Number: 29
I have a foretec star the woking bin was b75 puff bin 299 can I put puff v201 in or will there be a bin 300.
thanks .
cecilmac2

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13540
There are at least 10 active threads on this subject right now. Please read. There are some issues with the new BIN.
The answer is yes you can, but there are many issues and problems you should know about or wait for another day.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
Indeed. I have tried all excpet the latest jvvh bin, none are reliable on my converted clone and on my machine only the tronics bin worked (but that was after a fresh scan - some have had good results with the other bins with a fresh scan).

The first three published sunday and early monday would have the endless puff issue after first boot, which means reloading a bin after it happens; very inconvenient for folks in the boonies where power failures are commmon.

The tronics bin published late last night works but tends to freeze (become unresponsive with the remote) and on occasion lose all its scanned channels, and you can't use channel master to save or reload any lists. The difference is you do a fresh scan and you're back up.

I have not yet tried the latest jvvh bin, but it is said it is similar to the tronics bin.

In any case these new bins are radically different from the usual puffs of the last year or so. One can wonder why, since nagra 3 is going into full effect pretty soon. Hmmm...

Our hobby has become more interesting than ever ;)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1537
Nalin Nyda
Platinum Member

Post Number: 13533
Posted on Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 09:46 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
there is no rollfix file by jvvh team yet.
Tronic has released his

There was a jvvh fix released 5 hours ago IDIOT nalin!

Jvvh5897 Puff 201e

C/P FROM JVVH5897

Here is what I've come up with.

I defeated the scan save to 7fed0000 (changed to 7fe60000 for the old 2500 convert). I change the 7feb0000 EMU use to 7fe60000 and the 7fec0000 to 7fe70000 and what I had thought was 7fe60000 was an error in the script, it really was 7fed0000, anyway I changed it to use 7fe60000 too--don't know what this last change will do, so far I don't see that this third block of the flash is in use, maybe it will never get used and we can't tell till testing shows that or someone with info on Full_EMU gives us a clue.

I found that there was an error in the use of the keys save in the new code using the EMU, it used a sector erase for the 30vf800 type flash (flash-code used in the bin code is 3) when it should have used a block erase. The flash-code 4 (used for the ultra boxes and I think for 2700 flash too) uses block erase and that looked OK to me, so I changed a condition jump to take both flash types to the block erase. While that fixes the keys save, it might not be the right mod for other needs. In the 39vf800 the sector erase does a 64K byte erase, the block erase does 0x1000 erase. Come to think of it that could be bad for results of scans, so for now don't update channels.

Oh, for those of you that have followed some of the threads, I have been using a scan save to reduced space in the flash, I made the mods in this bin for that even though it is not going to make any diff. I changed the file size I use to match the size you guys have been using 0x70000 bytes. It should be compatable with what you use.
WARNING: Use all files at your own risk.

http://www.ftabins.net/showthread.php?p=360602#post360602

puff_201e.zip

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13556
That was a post by somebody else and using a C/P.
YOU, the idiot has no idea that the PUFF_201e has been withdrawn.

That is what happens to you and your second hand information.

Now take a hike and go watch football.
You are a big anomaly and a pain in the neck in the PUFF discussion.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
I must agree with Nalin about the 201e bin functionality. I've been trying to scan for at least an hour on 110, it locks up at 3% then nothing, seems only the 119 can be scanned from my location.

But I have to reserve my judgement about this bin as the problems may be due to low signal, as it's snowing, I'll check it out and check back in with my results.

Silver Member

CANADA Xx

Post Number: 262
This is what happened, one mod at XXX posted the testing jvvh 201 e bin .

C/P 17 minutes ago.

The Sweet One

Thanked 31,961 Times in 5,004 Posts
Warning ..please read!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

its been brought to my attention that some members have been taking testing files and posting them on other sites

now we can't stop You from doing this ,but i would like to ask You all to please wait until whoever created the files gives the green light so to speak on releasing to the public

Thank You very much!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us