No fix for Nagra 2, may never be

Silver Member
Username: Tigger_woods

WONT BE GOLFING, UNTIL BUICK OPEN

Post Number: 802
Anonymous
Posted on Saturday, October 23, 2004 - 09:34 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can confirm that a cemu based emulation has been able to successfully operate Dish/Echostar with Nagra2.

Check it out at dishstar.tv

Im not a salesperson,infact I have nothing to do with them other than I use their equipment/service.

Im sure few will believe this claim!Im skeptical/novice.

Is Nagra2 the same as what DTV uses or not?????
Relevant Product Info

jeeez
Unregistered guest Posted on Saturday, October 23, 2004 - 10:24 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That last question made your post loose what little credibility you had

Anonymous
Posted on Saturday, October 23, 2004 - 02:53 pm:

I took a look at the link provided,it looks like it is legit.

Nagra2 IS NOT what Direct tv uses but probably along the same lines.If this Nagra2 FIX was for real,it would be hard to imagine that DTV would not be next.

skippy
Unregistered guest Posted on Saturday, October 23, 2004 - 04:57 pm:

Nagra2 and the P4/D1 are completely different.

There is nothing on the site that says they have a "fix" for nagra2. It says it is "nagra2 ready". If you look around at different FTA sites that is a common caption but does not mean it will decrypt the stream. There is no hack for nagra2 presently. If there was all the expressvu people would be getting their NFL Sunday Ticket.

So mr. anonymous, just what Nagra2-only channel on dishnetwork can you confirm you can get?????

Anonymous
Posted on Saturday, October 23, 2004 - 06:11 pm:

Honestly Skippy,I just wanted some feedback about what it all meant.I am pretty sure that they are worried about the end coming soon.I guess the end really is near.They sent all their customers emails suggesting that their system will go on once the Nagra 2 card exchange is done.I never believed it,just wanted to get some thoughts.Thanks

skippy
Unregistered guest Posted on Saturday, October 23, 2004 - 07:36 pm:

The card will be compromised before any firmware upgrade will be made available to the FTA's or emulation software for dishnet. The card has been around for a couple years now and no hack so there's no guarantee there will be in the near future. Until you see proof the card is hacked don't believe any claims of "Nagra2 Ready" ird's.
Take it easy.

Cancom
Username: Cancom

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, October 23, 2004 - 07:57 pm:

Nagra2 is real and emulation is going to be the best solution as usual. If you need max&mel emulation info, parts or pc boards I have a few left.

john drake
Username: Mrdss

Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 02:34 pm:

Nagra 2 is being working great on the 3 channels that is being broadcasted on my max 2000 which i purchased from saveandreplay! works amazing

vanejorg
Unregistered guest Posted on Saturday, November 06, 2004 - 11:30 am:

Any confirmed working emulation for Nagra 2 will come with the "working" Rom 10x.bin file(much like what was done with the rom3,10 & 11.bins in the past). If anyone has the rom10x working with emulation it will come with no requests for the purchase of equipment or for "almighty cash". The file will simply be available for download in a host of web sites(as the above discussed files were in the past) at no charge. Once the file is downloaded, you simply place it in your cemu folder(my apologies because this is where my knowledge breaks down....they MAY have to make modifications to the cemu.exe and/or the cemu.ini and dish.bin file to accept the new rom10x.bin...not sure about this) or other emulation programs and start the program. Shortly, thereafter you should be watching tv. If such a file exists I would like to be able to test this....so "anonymous" and others... where do I download this file from? Thank you.

john drake

Post Number: 7
Posted on Saturday, November 06, 2004 - 04:43 pm:

nagra2 is WORKING on the Max 2000 receiver already, the whole idea of nagra 2 is to knock out all the rom cards by spring!

I have tested the max 2000 with the files from saveandreplay.com and i am getting nagra 2 channels 3 that are being broadcasted!

john drake

Post Number: 8
Posted on Saturday, November 06, 2004 - 04:44 pm:

i am getting NFL sunday ticket with the max 2000!

vj
Username: Vanejorg

Posted on Monday, November 08, 2004 - 12:21 am:

john drake: Forgive us for being skeptical, but if the rom10x.bin file from saveandreplay(incidentally, I have been to their web site and there are no files to download.....see my previous post)are actually working, then please share a copy so that I may test it with my 2700. Thank you.

Ron Jeremy
Username: Sat21

Posted on Friday, November 12, 2004 - 12:45 am:

I have seen the site, but their are no files. Must be in the paid forums. I would like some proof, they want $55 through paypal. Maybe if something were given to a mod to test... Also it could be a great way to get one of those dreaded letters.

anonymousss
Unregistered guest Posted on Saturday, November 13, 2004 - 01:46 am:

nagra 2 emulation is bullsh!t. nagra 2 uses an asic (like the H Hu and P4) in order to emulate it you need use an aux card. You can't emulate an asic. Save your $

Anonymous
Posted on Saturday, November 13, 2004 - 02:16 am:

please explain what asic is?

Anonymoussss
Unregistered guest Posted on Saturday, November 13, 2004 - 03:33 am:

application specific integrated circuit. basicly a chip in the smartcard responsible for encryption. specific data is sent into it and a different specific value is returned, it is nearly impossible to break its encryption and predict the value to be returned.

Ron Jeremy
Username: Sat21

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, November 13, 2004 - 03:57 am:

Yes, but wasn't the H Card ASIC as well? It was hacked. However the HU was ASIC but never fully hacked, thats where the glitching came in.

Thats about all I know. Why would you need a card to emulate N2 and what does the chip on the card being ASIC have anything to do with the camless boxes?

I do know tha Nagra is completely different than videoguard.

Anonymoussss
Unregistered guest Posted on Saturday, November 13, 2004 - 04:06 am:

Not saying that emulation of Nagra 2 isn't possible, just saying claims of emulation using *.bin files, camless boxes, or emu boards isn't possible without an aux card.

Anonymous
Posted on Saturday, November 13, 2004 - 06:42 pm:

Saveandreplay are scammers, i just payed the $55 and their is nothing for nagra 2

Silver Member

Post Number: 803
Just a walk down memory lane....

Not that anybody cares but this was me in 2004....I posted this info

about dishstartv.. I bought that and it worked great for a long time..the product was called the "sv1 smart card", It was emulation, I soldered it into my dish receivers, I bought 3 of them, worked great.

I also had the prior product from these guys, formerly irdtech.net. They sold a module of some sort that you put inside your DTV receiver, YES Direct tv and it worked flawlessly for close to 2 years...ah those where the days\clipart
{happy}

I was here long before many of the posters here...

Bronze Member
Username: Rampeij

Post Number: 48
Thats quite a history lesson.

Silver Member

Post Number: 804
They all said in 2004 that Nagra 2 was un crackable, so we got that going for us....yes it was a slow morning, just passing time until I can start swinging the clubs again. Hoping the knee will be good in another 2 months.

Bronze Member
Username: White_gurl

Post Number: 36
GM ends 9-year endorsement deal with Tiger Woods

General Motors (GM), struggling to conserve cash, says it will end its endorsement deal with Tiger Woods at the end of the year.

GM said Monday that it is looking to save money, at the time the world's No. 1 golfer needs more money as he and his wife expect their second child.

Woods has endorsed GM products around the world and has been closely tied to its Buick brand in the United States, and Canada. He has carried the Buick brand on his golf bag since 2000, and his most recent promotion was to caddie for a contest winner for nine holes at Torrey Pines, where Woods won the U.S. Open this summer for his 14th career major win.

The nine-year deal, believed to be worth at least $7 million a year, was to end in 2012. Woods' agent at IMG, Mark Steinberg, said the decision to end the endorsement four years early was "absolutely distasteful."

"It was a combination of things," Steinberg said. "Tiger was looking to gain some more money, and certainly it was an opportunity for GM to reduce its spending with everything going on."

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1920
Thanks for the post Tiger. That should show everyone that nothing is impossible and that we will have the normal number of naysayers on this go round.

Silver Member

Post Number: 807
Ya that endorsement deal was sweet, but the truth is the deal is going to be renewed as soon as GM gets it`s cash from the US government. My agent says the next deal may be even sweeter!

And HT you are right...I also will try to be optimistic.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us