Vewsat Ultra problems

Bronze Member
Username: Thoronto

Post Number: 56
I have told a few friends to get one of this box, however not all of them worked as it should. I have seen at least two that when uploading the files, it does not work as it should. I have load the files many times. Has anyone seen this on VS Ultra,and if you have, what to do to fix it? Is it fixable or there is a need to return the box to Viewsat?

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 6075
Thoronto
I have this box and recover many Ultra.

As i repeat many times you must put the new factory bin file and satellites info from viewsatusa.com these files are needed and you must put it in your receiver then load the latest file from ftahq.com or dsstester .com

Note that, this file is required and fix many bug.(be sure your box is not a clone)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
Thanks for the answer, and yes I have try the factory bin file many times, since I bought the box in the same place I have boutht others that are working, kind of strange to think that it could be a clone. I know how to look if an Extrem is a clone, but how do I look if a Ultra is a clone? thanks again.

Gold Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 1461
Starting with the cardboard box the unit comes in
-----------------------------------------------------------

On the original:
Dimensions are
L= 36.8cm
W=26.7cm
H=7.8cm

On the top of the box (lid), bottom left the logo with DVB DiSEqC 1.2?
The image is not crisp on the original. It looks as if it was scanned and reprinted
Yes, I said on the original, blurry.

The serial number on the flap of the lid:
Under the UPC code,
S39F02U?
Text is large and almost takes the length of the code.

On the right side of the box,
Bottom right,
?MADE IN KOREA?

On the counterfeit
Dimensions are:
L=36.4cm
W=26.8cm
H=7.8cm

On the top of the box ( the lid), bottom left the logo with DVB DiSEqC 1.2?
The image is CRISP on the counterfeit. It looks as if it was an original print.

Under the UPC code,
S39F02U?
The sequence is identical but the text size is smaller than the authentic
And takes less space under the UPC code

Bottom right,
?MADE IN KOREA?, with a sticker on top stating
?MADE IN CHINA? that is removable with use of a lighter fluid or hot air

The unit itself:

On the Original:
The RCA Connectors in the back of the unit , the colored plastic center are flat.

The six screws that holds the cover are shiny round heads.

The USB logo on the door that opens is dark redish
Behind the door just right of the USB connector, on the wall inside the rectangular inlet, there is an outline of a rectangle

The serial number on the underside
Under the UPC code,
S39F02U?

The underside of the unit, the plate that supports the PC Boards has six places where the metal is pressed and shaped to be used as threaded stand offs.
There are three silver hex nuts press fit in the plate
Also on the plate, in the cluster of air holes located in the center towards the face, there?s an area void of holes.

Presently, the remote control is bigger on the ULTRA than with the Xtreme or Platinum.
(Production of newer Xtremes will have the same remote as ULTRA?s)
The AAA batteries included for the remote is made by Supergurd

On the counterfeit:
The RCA Connectors in the back of the unit , the colored plastic center are beveled.

The six screws that holds the cover are not as shiny and the heads are not as rounded.

The USB logo on the door that opens is brown redish and does not stand out as much as the original.
Behind the door just right of the USB connector, on the wall inside the rectangular inlet, the outline of a rectangle is missing.

Under the UPC code,
S39F02U?
The sequence is identical but the text size is smaller

The underside of the unit, the plate that supports the PC Boards is flat.
The three silver hex nuts press fit in the plate are not present.
Also on the plate, inside the cluster of air holes located in the center towards the face,
holes are located where there supposed to be no holes

Presently, the remote is the same as the Xtreme lacking the words ?VIEWSAT? on the bottom .( I?m told that Production of future remotes will be identical as ULTRA?s)
The AAA batteries included for the remote is made by SonEsta

there are other differences such as the AC power cable made by a different supplier ( also text is larger than original) and there is a space gap where the AC connector goes into the receiver on the fake. The RCA video/audio cable ? color slightly darker on the fake and the six circular grip ridges on the original is replaced by oval grip patches.

I was not yet given the opportunity to try plugging in and see what it gets, but according to my client, he says that the rep that loaned him the clone claims the public won?t see a difference.

In my opinion
If the Viewsat Xtreme counterfeits tricked 50% of the buyers,
The Ultra will deceive 95%

So it appears the Ultras have been cloned. Well, we've been a little slow to bring the hammer down on scumbag clone importers who we would really like to mention here and will in due time. The biggest problem with clone importers and sellers is not only that they are screwing us, but they are screwing the unsuspecting consumer as well.

Sincerely,

Viewtech, Inc. Staff

There is one problem with buying a clone, You cannot contact Viewtech for help since they will turn your info over to the courts and DN..I don't recommend buying any Viewsats, since they've been busted and of no help..

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6094
Thoronto
Check this for know if you have a clone

C/P from this site:

http://www.n2news.com/blog/2008/01/14/the_vs2k_ultra_clones_are_coming/

The VS2K Ultra clones are coming!

Well here's the scoop.
I sell authentic VS2K X and U's to end users and resellers and recently had the opportunity to get a call by a reseller that claims that he got a hold of a Viewsat VS2000 ULTRA CLONE.
As far as I know there are no Ultra clones....yet.
I rushed to his store armed with a camera and surely I found myself face to face with a Viewsat ULTRA that deceived me.
I grabbed a pad and pen and starting taking notes on the differences between the original and the counterfeit. After that was done, I started photographing some of those differences.
Here are the results

Starting with the cardboard box the unit comes in
----------------------------------------

On the original:
Dimensions are
L= 36.8cm
W=26.7cm
H=7.8cm

On the top of the box (lid), bottom left the logo with DVB DiSEqC 1.2"
The image is not crisp on the original. It looks as if it was scanned and reprinted
Yes, I said on the original, blurry.

Under the UPC code,
S39F02U...

Bottom right,
"MADE IN KOREA"

On the counterfeit
Dimensions are:
L=36.4cm
W=26.8cm
H=7.8cm

On the top of the box ( the lid), bottom left the logo with DVB DiSEqC 1.2"
The image is CRISP on the counterfeit. It looks as if it was an original print.

Under the UPC code,
S39F02U...
The sequence is identical but the text size is smaller than the authentic

Bottom right,
"MADE IN KOREA", with a sticker on top stating
"MADE IN CHINA" that is removable with use of a lighter fluid or hot air

The unit itself:

On the Original:
The RCA Connectors in the back of the unit , the colored plastic center are flat.

The six screws that holds the cover are shiny round heads.

The USB logo on the door that opens is dark redish
Behind the door just right of the USB connector, on the wall inside the rectangular inlet, there is an outline of a rectangle

Under the UPC code,
S39F02U...

The underside of the unit, the plate that supports the PC Boards has six places where the metal is pressed and shaped to be used as threaded stand offs.
There are three silver hex nuts press fit in the plate
Also on the plate, in the cluster of air holes located in the center towards the face, there's an area void of holes.

Presently, the remote control is bigger on the ULTRA than with the Xtreme or Platinum.
(Production of newer Xtremes will have the same remote as ULTRA's)
The AAA batteries included for the remote is made by Supergurd

On the counterfeit:
The RCA Connectors in the back of the unit , the colored plastic center are ***eled.

The six screws that holds the cover are not as shiny and the heads are not as rounded.

The USB logo on the door that opens is brown redish and does not stand out as much as the original.
Behind the door just right of the USB connector, on the wall inside the rectangular inlet, the outline of a rectangle is missing.

Under the UPC code,
S39F02U...
The sequence is identical but the text size is smaller

The underside of the unit, the plate that supports the PC Boards is flat.
The three silver hex nuts press fit in the plate are not present.
Also on the plate, inside the cluster of air holes located in the center towards the face,
holes are located where there supposed to be no holes

Presently, the remote is the same as the Xtreme lacking the words "VIEWSAT" on the bottom .( I'm told that Production of future remotes will be identical as ULTRA's)
The AAA batteries included for the remote is made by SonEsta

there are other differences such as the AC power cable made by a different supplier ( also text is larger than original) and there is a space gap where the AC connector goes into the receiver on the fake. The RCA video/audio cable -- color slightly darker on the fake and the six circular grip ridges on the original is replaced by oval grip patches.

I was not yet given the opportunity to try plugging in and see what it gets, but according to my client, he says that the rep that loaned him the clone claims the public won't see a difference.
In my opinion
If the Viewsat Xtreme counterfeits tricked 50% of the buyers,
The Ultra will deceive 95%

We will not support the cloned units!!!!

This entry was posted on Monday, January 14th, 2008 at 1

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6095
Thoronto
What is the exact problem on Vs Ultra?

Bronze Member
Username: ______

Post Number: 27
Hello !!!!!!

Buy a SonicView

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6096
Hello !!!!!!

Buy a SonicView if you want been always down.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
Thanks for all the info. I will check. The unit in question is just not stable, I could clearly see that something is wrong with the unit because it was tested with another VS unit right beside it. It looks like after a few factory reset, new files and update files, still holding as searching for signal or autoroll. And yes, It had the same settings for Antena Setup and all the other configuration as the unit that it is working. thanks, I will see if I can still exchange this after I check if it is a clone. Thanks again. (-:

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6103
Thoronto try it before:

Go in Menu
System information
Code Menu
Select Nagra
Down arrow then select 00 01 00,01 01 00 and 01 06 00 and delete those 3 dish provider with "F3" on remote and load latest bin file, save and exit, wait with autoroll to "ON" than the autoroll found keys and do a autoscan on each satellites.

This is probably the good solution for your problem, that erase bad data on memory and your receiver is faster after it.
Note that, the keys are not deleted with a factory bin and factory default, that is why you must deleted the providers( delete provider not the keys).
It work on Clone too.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
Thanks again, I will try that.

Gold Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 1462
Thoronto...U never say EXACTLY whats wrong...in detail...

U can alsways tranfer all from one receiver to the other , since U say u have another there available..

For use in cloning one ViewSat to another.

a. Connect the "Master" ViewSat to your TV; Power switch "ON"

b. Connect the "Clone" to the wall power; switch Power "OFF"

c. Connect the "Master" and "Clone" ViewSats using a NULL MODEM cable

d. MENU--INSTALLATION--RECEIVER UPGRADE--ALL INFORMATION

e. "OK" and the "MASTER" ViewSat sets up to send data to the "Clone" ViewSat

f. Turn the "Clone" ViewSat's power switch to "ON" and the transfer begins

NOTE: AFter the transfer is completed, the "Clone" ViewSat needs up to 1 minute to process the transferred data.

Watch the Front Panel on the "Clone" ViewSat.
"inst" will be displayed for ~ 15 seconds

"DONE" will be displayed for ~ 10 seconds

REBOOT will occur automatically without user intervention " on " will be displayed during reboot

"0 0 0 0" will show when the "Clone" has finished--no more than 1 minute after data transfer

You may now Power "OFF" the "Clone" ViewSat, disconnect the NULL MODEM cable and go use your new Clone ViewSat

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
Justforhaha, all I know is the box does not work as the other one does afte reloading factory and new file. I don't know exactly what the problem is, all I know is that some times it shows channels from one bird and not the other, and then the one that was showing stop showing...wird things like that. any way, I will try different things, I will post my results this week. I have two box like that to fix it.

thanks for the info. (-:

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6105
Thoronto
Don't listen haha he just copy and paste and know nothing on viewsat.

Try it:

Go in Menu
System information
Code Menu
Select Nagra
Down arrow then select 00 01 00,01 01 00 and 01 06 00 and delete those 3 dish provider with "F3" on remote and load latest bin file, save and exit, wait with autoroll to "ON" than the autoroll found keys and do a autoscan on each satellites.

This is probably the good solution for your problem, that erase bad data on memory and your receiver is faster after it.
Note that, the keys are not deleted with a factory bin and factory default, that is why you must deleted the providers( delete provider not the keys).
It work on Clone too.

Bronze Member
Username: Cash_money

Post Number: 11
I have a vs ultra, I installed it properly, and get a good satelite reception for bev. My problem is, it has been auto rolling forever with the Nov 27 file, any help guys?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
Thanks for the information, I have managed to fix the box by deleting the 3 dish providers and loading a new firmware, and finally the new file. Thank you very much. By the way, the box I have is not a clone... thanks again.

Silver Member
Username: Mohamad_obama

Terhan, Iran Iran

Post Number: 227
Money, bev is nag 3, until there is a fix for it you won't get anything.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6178
You are Welcome Thoronto
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us