No quality, 30% level on Pansat 2700A

Bronze Member
Username: Curious10

Post Number: 11
I have had pansat 2700A system set up for years. Last night got no signal on Echo 7, 119 sat. Have deleted channels and tried all scans, no luck. Echo 8.10 is working fine. Have Dish 500 dish. Level is 30% no fluctuating with 0 quality. Is there anything else that I can try before determining the problem is internal to the box?

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 6015
Curious
First check all cable between the LNB and switch.
Second try another switch or hook it directly.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Tried both ways. Same problem. I read another post that said the C-13 & C-14 capacitors could be bad. Every post that I found said that the level would be around 99%. The level on mine is stuck on 30%.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Read another post that said that the Diseqc switch should be closer to the box. Mine is located outside by the dish itself. It has been that way for years. I had a similar problem last years where both the 110 & 119 were showing no signal. I changed the switch at that time and it corrected the problem. The 110 is set up on #2. If I change the 119 to #2, I get good level and quality. If I change the 110 to #1, I get the same issue. It appears to be something wrong with #1 on the Diseqc switch. Does this mean that it needs to be replaced?

Bronze Member
Username: Tooter

Post Number: 94
seems like you have it figured out.

if any empty ports on switch you can put 119 there as long as you make the changes in antenna setup.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 6020
Curious
If capacitor is broke, you will have this problem on all satellite.

I broke 3 switch in only 2 weeks since i buy a heavy duty outdoor switch.
Try the switch first.

Silver Member
Username: Viruscauser

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 821
Curious: Plugging in your antenna cable into the LNB OUT instead of LNB IN is an all too common mistake and could be responsible for you drop in signal.

Double check just to make sure.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Abby, I have not made any changes to the set up. I had been watching TV for hours and all of a sudden I got a no signal error on all channels associated with Echo 7. I will get out the ladder and move the cable to another port and see if it makes a difference. When I change it in the antenna set up to port 2, I get a strong signal and level. Currently, Echo 8 is occupying this port.

Silver Member
Username: Viruscauser

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 822
It's possible that you have an LNB problem or a switch problem.

Try connecting the Echo 7 only, directly to your receiver to see if you get a stronger signal. If that works, you probably have a switch problem.

If that doesn't work, the problem could be the cable from the Echo7 LNB to the switch or your Echo 7 LNB itself.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us