Help finding signal from 118 with dik rec

Silver Member
Username: Lomna

Post Number: 384
I do have 36"dish,cb2008a,
Can I find signal from 118 while using dik rec ? If yes what sat and tp (1-32) I should keep dik rec on ?
What side of the lnb is for 118 ?

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 13336
CB2008A, has two outputs for two receivers. Each output carried both 118 and 119 signals.
If you are seeing 119, than use another slate such as Anik 3 or Anik 1, and set up the slate IDENTICAL TO 110, including the DiseqC setting, except that LNB frequency is 10750 or less and first TP is 11715.
Do a Blind scan.

Silver Member

Post Number: 385
Nalin.. Thanks I got that but you don't want me to use dik rec to find the signal from 118 ?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13338
If the signals are there for 119 then you will get 118 as well. Just the LNB frequency need to be changed.

Silver Member

Post Number: 386
Thanks ! I'm greatful.

Silver Member

Post Number: 387
Nalin, I hope you are there, if not please some one help me. nalin last night told me to get 119 with 36 dish while using cb2008a. I do have great signal from that. Nalin asked me to change lnb fequncy. But rec won't let me change it. Right now lnb frequebcy is 9750/10600
let me give you more details. My rec is sv4k. Right now on DISH SETTING screen I see following from up to bottom echostr7,lnb power is on,lnb type universal, lnb freqency 9750/10600,tp 12224,22khz auto,search opt is all,netwrk search is ON,diseqc is OFF ( setting on disqe won't change any thing)motor is disable, legacy switch is OFF,
Please some one help me.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 5971
Devin
Correct LNB Freq. is 10750/9750.

You must reaimed the dish for get best signal when you replace the LNB and be sure the skew is right. slant the LNB in accord with dishpointer.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 388
Plymouth,Thank you for your help but I don't have any skew angle on the dish. This just straight one.Also when you saying replace lnb. what you mean by that. Replace with what? Please be patient with me. this is most confusing thing I'm doing. Plymouth I also wanna tell you that I do care for 118'7 only. if I get that I'm fine. Please come back with your advice. Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 389
Plymouth, So you want me to change the lnb frequency by reaiming the dish. I got it.

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 4304
for 118.8
chanee ur lnb type to single
lnb freq 10750
diseqc most likely 2 depends on dish
for 119
lnb type universal
lnb freq; 9750/10600
same diseqc

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 5975
Devin
You must have a LNB like cb2008a for get 118.75, if you want only get 119 LNB Freq is 11250.
Do you have this special LNB for 118.7?

You can slant the LNB on clamp holder to adjust the skew.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 5976
Sorry
On your first post i see than you have a cb2008a.

Set LNB Freq on 10750 and be sure your dish is well aimed and do a autoscan.

Silver Member

Post Number: 390
Plymouth, thank you.I got it. I'm sure,I will be back with more questions soon.

Silver Member

Post Number: 391
This is same lnb when i ordered cb2008a. First of all I hope they sent me right one.
The label on lnb says ROC dbs/circular duel lnbf,model CST 118, RF 11.7-12.75,Lo 10.75GHZ,noise 0.3db
I'm asking this cuz I can very easily hit 110 or 119 with it.Please let me know.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 5978
Devin
Yes this one is good one, you get 118.7/ 119 with it but you must have a dual holder and put another standard LNB for get 110

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13342
devin: LNB Freq 10600/9750 would probably be OK, although CB2008A specs say 10750/9750.

If you do a Blind scan yu should get everything.
If you do a "all scan" you should set the first TP as 11715.

The two outputs of the LNB are identical and carry signals for 119 and 118.

You MUST use the same DiseqC Port settings as you use for 119W.

FOR CONVENIENCE, it is best to set up another slate (ANIK 3 or ANIK 1 or any other slate) identical to 119 W, except for the first TP and the LNB freq.

LNB type can be Universal 2, or standard or single. Try all.

When I was experimenting one day, I set up 6 different slates to try and find the optimal LNB frequency and setting. If you do a such an ambitious project, make sure you delete all channels between scans.

Silver Member

Post Number: 392
Oh ..its nice to hear that I do have right one.Plymouth,I really don't need 110.
plymouth, Is this correct that one outlet of this lnb gonna have signal from 119 and 118 together. By reading nalin's post above telling me that once you have 119 just change the lnb's frequency. I don't think getting 118 is that simple or may be I haven't understood him correctly.
plymouth, Can I aim at 118 only without even thinking about 119.I doubt cuz I don't have that sat in the list.If yes explain me the way you will explain to a 5th grader.LOL ..May be different dish setting? Please do let me know. Thank you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 393
Nalin, Thank you ! Please say something about what I have just asked plymouth.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 5979
Devin you do 2 scan on 119, 1 with LNB Freq set to 11250 and 1 on LNB Freq on 10750

Now set the LNB high to 11250 and LNB low to 10750 If available on your receiver, on Viewsat this the way.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13346
As I told you, whether you do two scan on one slate (for 118.7 first and for 119 next) on do scan on two separate slates is your particular choice - It does not matter either way.
Yes, the CB2008A and Digiwave equivalent has both 118 and 119 on each of the two outlets. So for receiver you can use it connected to one port of your switch or directly to your receiver.
"cuz I don't have that sat in the list" - IT DOES NOT MATTER. You can pick up any of the 20 unused slates given to you and modify the settings as described earlier ad it has to work.

Silver Member

Post Number: 394
Friends.. My dish settings are the same as I explained above except lnb type single and lnb frequency is 10750. As you guys suggested me to set tp low as 11715. But I can't change tp as low as nalin suggested (11715). Tps are keep rolling between 12224 to 12516.No matter what lnb type (single,universal ect.)I choose . Tps are not going down 12000.Please help me.

Silver Member

Post Number: 395
Sorry to bother you friends. I did replace anik 1 with anik 3 and added all tps from 11000 to 12000. But anik 3 (118W) doesn't show any the signal. If I change the sat to echo star7 signal comes back as well all the echo7 channels. but I don't see any sign of 118w.Please help me what I'm doing wrong? Please

Silver Member

Post Number: 396
Some progress here, I do able to scan anik3 (118) It did scan channels. I saved them and when I exit, it went back to echo7. I don't know what happened to scanned 118's channels. Help me please. I spend almost all day to understand this crap.

Bronze Member
Username: Liger

Post Number: 88
Eh Devin, the 36 inch dish you using is eliptical or wat?

Bronze Member
Username: Liger

Post Number: 89
Eh Devin do this, take a picture of your dish from the side and measure the arm length and post it here. I have the same receiver and same size dish, we'll do this one together. Since we're in pretty much the same geographycal location, our experiment may turn out to be good one. What you say bro?

Silver Member
Username: Fakeman1

Germantown, Maryland USA

Post Number: 163
devin
If you are only interested in EchoStar 7
@ 119.0°W and Anik F3 at 118.8°W
and have great signal for Echo 7 @ 119
OK, Here what you need to do for Anik F3 at 118.8°W

A) Factory Setting
B) Edit TP/Satellite
select "NEW" add Anik F3 at 118.8°W
C) Now open this Link at Lyngmark Satellite....http://www.lyng sat.com/anikf3.html
Add all these TPs as listed in this Link.

D) Do a Blind Scan, first on Anik F3 & then on Echo 7.
E) Watch TV

BTW.... step by step of the above should be listed in your receiver manual.

Silver Member
Username: Fakeman1

Germantown, Maryland USA

Post Number: 166
devin
My bad, there is no need to waste your
time entering the TPs that are shaded in green.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13350
devin: Listen to Liger ad follow his instructions.
There might yet be salvation for you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 398
Nalin and plymouth, I thank you both for the great help. Finally I got it. It wasn't an easy task. But I can't forget and thank you both enough for the great help.
I don't want to bother you now,but can't stop myself that saying I do missing zeetv,alphaht,aajtak,samay,tv asia still. But don,t worry it is ok. THANKS!

Username: Dbhc

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 5
Trying to locate echo 8. No problem finding and locking Nimiq 1 but I can only get max of 59% on E8 and zero quality using same dish and settings. I have a pansat 2700a original but am using a bev reciever to locate sattelite. would larger dish help or am I totally off track?

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6000
dbhc
Echo8 is now Echo 10,11

set LNB Freq: 11250 and Tp Freq:12472 for your location.

Username: Dbhc

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 6
Thanks, I'll try that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us