Help needed loading bin

Bronze Member
Username: Ramiro_gonzo

Post Number: 44
okay..i kinda have the concept about how to load a bin.i have the loader down,the bin down,plugging in and turning on and off down,...now,when i start to download nothing is happening as far as the percentage wise.am i using the wrong com-port on my computer.so far the only one that works is com-1 and com 2..all the other com port say [error]open serial port.any help will be appreciated.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 13251
Post the name of your receiver and the type of cable you are using. Did the cable come with the receiver.
What is the loader you are using and the name of the BIN.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
viewsat extreme.i got the loader from the viewsat website.no cable came with it.the bin is dbpsw081120x..not sure what you call the cable im using.it has female ends on both ends.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13253
You have DB9 F/F cable. However there are two types - Straight-though RS232 and Null modem RS232. In the first pin 2 and 3 go to 2 and 3. In the null cable the pins 2 and 3 go to 3 and 2.
If the cable came with your reciever it is probably OK for you - Viewsat Extreme use Null cable.
If not, you need to get a DB9 F/F null cable.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
the cable was given to me by the guy that used to fix my box.he says that this is the one that i need.i think i have everything i need to roll.the only bump is the com-port issue...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
where would i get a DB9 F/F NULL CABLE.will radio shack carry them?if so do i just ask for it by that name?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13282
Radio Shack and many of the small computer stores carry it.
It is get a little old-fashioned but you will find it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
will do............

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
okay i just found out that i do have the correct cable.when i tried to download newest bin it wouldnt download.it stayed at zero.what am i doing wrong?is this a com-port issue?this thing is driving me nuts...please any help will be greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Mrgreg

Ont. Canada

Post Number: 156
What loader are you using. loader 1 or 2

Silver Member
Username: Mrgreg

Ont. Canada

Post Number: 157
If you are just using the serial cable from your computer to receiver it should be on com. port 1
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us