Rookie needs help

Bronze Member
Username: Ramiro_gonzo

Post Number: 36
i need to learn how to load bin to my box.i currently have a viewsat extreme.i have a viewsat vs 2000 platinum that has been sitting unplugged for about 1 year.i can practice on this one.where would i get bin,loader?etc.i have cable,i just need the complete instructions on how to do it.kinda like "loading bins for idiots"any help is greatly appreciated.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
ANYBODY?

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 1662
el gato....Old C/P but may help:
Most problems are caused by human error. follow this procedure and you won't have problems. Read carefully and use at your own risk. Do this with EVERY bin you load. If you are using the vs ultra you will have to use a serial port to load the factory bin.

Make sure you are using the proper loader for your viewsat and that it is properly configured.

1. Turn your viewsat off using the switch at the back of it. Then unplug it from the wall outlet.
2. Hook up stb to pc with proper cable and make sure there is no power to it.
3. Open loader 2.
4. Click on Open Files and select the bin you want.
5. Click on PC->STB and a window will open showing status and percentage.
6. Turn the receiver on and the bin will start to load.
7. Let it run all the way through until the led on the box blinks and then the box will reboot itself and the led will say 00:00 or display a channel number.
8. DO NOT shut down loader 2 when you see it saying "ok"
9. Manually turn the box off using the switch on it and then back on. The led will display 00:00 or a channel number.
10. You can NOW shut down loader 2.
11. Connect your box to the tv, making sure that you plug it into the wall outlet "last"
12. Double check your installation settings and make sure everything is as it should be.
13. It may take some time for chans to come in but they will then yu can watch tv.

Using USB Method:

To load the ultra get new bin file first unzip to desktop put in your usb flash then copy new bin from desktop and copy to stick. use remove safely on pc and then load in your ultra.

Night Rider Lights are 4 little dashes like this - - - -

At steps 5 and 6. Reverse the order. Turn the receiver on and just as you see the led on your receiver flicker press the PC->STB. You may have to try this more than once.
You will then have to reload latest factory bin, latest bin, do your installations all over again for sat setup, keys etc. DOUBLE CHECK ALL your installation settings. If you are using a vs ultra and reloading a factory bin you will have to use the serial cable.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
appreciate it bro so much...now the questions,what exactly is a loader?where do i get one?do you have to download the bin to the loader?or does the bin come with it already?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
does anybody know what cable to use?please if you can attach a pic of it,it will be greatly appreciated

Gold Member

Pluto

Post Number: 1663
[link removed] for loader

Gold Member

Pluto

Post Number: 1664
[link removed] for latest bin

Gold Member

Pluto

Post Number: 1665
null modem cableUpload

Gold Member

Pluto

Post Number: 1666
[link removed] Read this manual

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
thanks i think i have wrong cable.both ends look alike.one end goes in okay to box or computer the other end wont go in to either.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 13194
For receiver/computer serial connection use
F/F DB9 straight RS232 cable or
F/F DB9 RS232 null modem cable

If your computer doesn't have 9 pin male serial connector, you will have to use th eUSB conector and buy a
USB to serial convertor.
Make sure you get one with its own installation CD and install manually - i.e. do not allow your computer to automatically install it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
thanks.....

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 3775
There is only 3 wires used in null modem
Pin 2,3,5
5 is common ground
2 is TX