Samsung HL-R5678W DLP problem/question

Username: Pacodub

Post Number: 1
Hello, I have a few questions:

1) The problem - My television is about 2 years old and was working great until last night. I turned it on and the screen was stuck in a zoom in mode. I thought it was the setting but noticed the setting had to options 16:9 and 4:3, the rest were grayed out. I tried different sources (hdmi, component, cable) and they all did the same thing. To better illustrate it, imaging a normal picture cut up in 4, and the top left section is expanded on the entire screen. So I turned it off for a few and turned it back on, this time the picture was normal again, but this time green tint. I repeat the process and this time the screen is all black and I can only hear audio.

I asked a friend that used to work for Samsung, without his tools, from what it sounds like it could be the dmd board or digital board. Any suggestions?

2) Before all this was happening the television claims to have 1080p, but when I bought my first PS3 and plugged it in via HDMI the PS3 complains that the only available setting is 1080i. Is there some firmware that had to be installed or something?

Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us