Access card

Username: 74seafarer

Post Number: 1
I want to take my receiver on a fishing trip and use it while in the Marina. I have a portable dish, brought it out last year and can get everything but local channels. Any way to get the locals so I can watch football?

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 1657
Steve....If you get locals now you will get them when you go on your fishing trip...Just set up your antenna. You don't have to do a thing to your box.

Gold Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 1263
thats a helluva fishing trip, if just being in the marina...why not go to the store, instead...lol

If using FTA, no access card is needed, just aim dish at DN sats ....if using a subscribed receiver DN card, then either the boat is too far out in water and local area...and the marina is too far out also...lol

simply put...LOCALS signals and channels are ONLY sent to the LOCAL area (its called "spotbeamed")

Gold Member

Post Number: 1264
BTW...that spotbeam may have a 100 mile radius from home..so it all depends where ya go fishing..

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 13170
You should be able to get the locals for the area you are going to.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1268
Absolutely NOT TRUE, if using an ACCESS card from DN , Bev or DTV! ...which happens to be THE SUBJECT!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13171
zulu said: "Steve....If you get locals now you will get them when you go on your fishing trip...Just set up your antenna. You don't have to do a thing to your box."
DN is the subject created by justforhaha's

Gold Member

Post Number: 1279
You are pathetic and ignorant nalin..no matter what ya say...SUBJECT = ACCESS cards, which cannot get local spotbeams from another local area...

Again ya provide BOGUS WRONG info!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13176
justforhah's: Just go back to your own site. Your interruptions are not needed.

Post Number: 2
I just flew from DC to LA and got all the posts when I got there. What I didn't mention was I live in Colorado and fish on Chesapeake Bay(42' Post). I have a DirecTV subscription receiver with access card for Colorado. When I used it in Maryland last year it indicated local channels weren't subscribed to. What's the
"FTA"; is there a way I can grab local network channels without another subscription in Maryland?

Silver Member
Username: Timscarlet

Usa

Post Number: 310
i have directv, since 2001 or so, there was a new law in effect for satellite providers, to stop locals from other cities other than near the zipcode you are in. if you live in an area without locals, you can subscribe to the east, west, etc locals of abc, nbc, etc, but if you plug in your zipcode, and directv provides you with the locals there, you will not be able to subscribe $5.00 a month for the east or west locals. directv and satellite laws have put a lock down on getting locals from another area.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1282
Directv did away with national "locals (east/west coast ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX) years ago, and that $5.00 thing in 2004,...U cannot get DTV locals from anyplace but where the card is subscribed from..

Post Number: 3
I appreciate the help, especially Tim and "justforhaha's". It looks like I'm still "up the creek without local channels". Thanks...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1283
Your welcome...no Steve, there is absolutely no way around this with DTV access cardss..and I'm 100% certain!...I too subscribe, and know the exact same situation..

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 5838
justforhaha's
Gold Member

Post Number: 1283

Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 01:30 pm: Edit Post
Your welcome...no Steve, there is absolutely no way around this with DTV access cardss..and I'm 100% certain!...I too subscribe, and know the exact same situation..

Bronze Member
Username: L_k_live_s

Post Number: 11
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 3765
Yo can get locals with basic antenna
If yo have a digital TV with ATSC tuner
Yo can get both Digital and HD TV with basic antenna like sensor II for about $25 about 35 Miles radius

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 5844
Good point King

Post Number: 4
That's actually what DirecTV suggested I do. They say "it's a federal law" that limits the access to just one location.
Can anyone tell me if there is a "non-subscription" approach?

Silver Member
Username: Fakeman1

Germantown, Maryland USA

Post Number: 148
King Tapeman is right.
I also fish on the Chesapeake Bay.
With this new indoor antenna I have no trouble picking up all the
locals channels. I think any good antenna indoor or outdoor will work.

RCA ANT2000 Flat Multi-Directional Indoor VHF UHF HDTV
Indoor Smart Antenna (ANT2000)

Upload

Manufacturer P/N:
ANT2000
For use with only special Digital Tuner Boxes and TVs with the Smart Antenna connection. Consult your owners manual to see if your TV or tuner supports Smart Antenna technology.

• Innovative patent pending technology
• Works with TVs and Digital Converter Boxes with a CEA909 (Smart) plug like the RCA Digitial Coverter Box model DTA800B1 and others
• Optimized for HDTV reception with improved reception in both UHF and VHF bands
• Low profile modern design
• Locks onto digital channels and filters out unwanted frequency noise
• This antenna talks to your digital converter box to provide the best indoor reception available
• Weight (in pounds): 3.1
• Product in Inches (L x W x H): 12.0 x 12.0 x 1.2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional Information

Digital signals are different from regular, analog TV signals. They require precise directional reception to give you consistent performance. This means your antenna needs to be aimed in exactly the right direction to give you uninterrupted, crystal-clear digital picture and sound&. thats a lot of pointing with your old antenna! Why not use an antenna made specifically for digital TV? RCAs unique and patented antenna design eliminate the guess work in digital reception, finding and delivering great digital picture and sound without the hassle of manual adjustments.

Analog televisions generally give instant feedback as the signal gets better or worse as you move the antenna. Digital television antennas can be difficult to aim correctly because of delays in decoding and displaying the signal. Smart antennas remove the burden of positioning the antenna for digital TVs and can make the tuning process easier than it was with analog television. Be amazed at how many new free digital channels you will discover when this product is used with your digital capable television or on old analog sets with a Digital Converter box.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13187
zulu said: "Steve....If you get locals now you will get them when you go on your fishing trip...Just set up your antenna. You don't have to do a thing to your box."

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 3767
To pick the right antenna for yor TV
Yo start with a good TV tuner
What type of TV yo got?

To find out what channels yo can get in yor area
Including compass direction click here:
Just enter yor zip code
www.antennaweb.org

I also have a section on antennas as well as where to get them:
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=1062457#POST1062457

Yo might get them from e-bay at a good price
But remember the quality of yor TV tuner makes a huge difference in yor reception

Post Number: 5
I have a fairly new (6 months) 19" Panasonic flat screen HDTV. The whole unit is about 4 inches deep.

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 3768
Panasonic got great tuners
Any antenna will work great
Just check www.antennaweb.org to find out what channels yor looking for

peace bro

Post Number: 6
Here's to the king, thanks...

Silver Member
Username: Mrgreg

Ont. Canada

Post Number: 129
Hey Steve this must be quite the fishing trip cause if i wanted to watch TV that bad I would of stayed home.

Post Number: 7
The Rockfish are runnin'. Friends got a 42" and a 50" this past weekend.

Silver Member
Username: Mrgreg

Ont. Canada

Post Number: 130
Well your not going to catch any if you watching TV but good luck anyway.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us