USB to Serial cable

Bronze Member
Username: Header108

Post Number: 58
I just bought a USB to Serial port cable from E-Bay and put a null adapter with it had the drivers with it and tried it out with a XP computer and no luck it configured the hardware but does not work when loading bins??
Any Ideas why it does not work???

Bronze Member
Username: 1rbjac

Long Beach, CA US

Post Number: 29
I have a USB to Serial port cable and works great make sure that you have the correct port selected and that you are using the correct cable. Also, what happens when you try to upload the bin?

Gold Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 2151
AS rj said . when u instal the driver and you hook the right cable. go to device manager and see what port number your usb cable is hooked to. when u open the loader make sure u have the same port numebr in ur configuration. and there is no way it wont work.

Bronze Member
Username: Header108

Post Number: 59
Well I have done all that you have said and this putter doesn't work have a null adapter after the serial plug and then a gender adapter after that so I can plug it into the Receiver,In the device manager on the computer it says all is working and I have tried all the comm ports with no luck,anymore ideas????????????

Bronze Member
Username: Mrgreg

Ont. Canada

Post Number: 45
Chas, Try each com port but back right out of the loader each time you try a different port.

Silver Member
Username: Kingofdakingz

Post Number: 366
i want buy one usb to rs232 too can anyone give me the link for ebay cuz i couldnt find it thanks

Gold Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 1074
Not all of these cables will work with every computer and receiver...

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 12922
Go to Device Manager of your computer and configure the USB to serial adaptor as Com1 or Com 2.
For serial cable - if you do not know what type it is and it does not work, insert a M/M DB9 null adaptor in between and then try.

Bronze Member
Username: 1rbjac

Long Beach, CA US

Post Number: 30
The gender adapter is probably not compatable with the cable since the cable is not a true serial cable. You should not need an adapter if you are using the correct cable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us