SV360 Elite on 61.5

Bronze Member
Username: May_queen

Post Number: 31
Does anyone use SV360 Elite on 61.5? If so, I would appreciate if someone can post their experience with video quality.

I just bought a new SV360 Elite and I am seeing disappointing video quality. Video is grainy, lack of sharpness and somewhat out of focus.

I have tried using component, S-video and composite and all show same poor quality. Signal quality is not an issue. Just using standard lnb straight to receiver.

Pansat3500SD (in exact replacement) with the same physical set-up and connections, I see flawless video quality.

I am trying to figure out if its a defective device. I have used latest bin and also used factory bin (just to check video quality on DN info channels, also bad quality video).

Appreciate any comment!

Silver Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 831
The Elite has an excellent quality picture...so if ya used various cables to TV, and another receiver works fine at same location as Elite...then obviously YOUR particular Elite has an issue that needs to be addressed and sent back for repair under warranty..

Silver Member

Post Number: 832
Presuming you read the manual and have it setup correctly...

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 12681
May: YOU HAVE A LEMON. Install the factory BIN and send it back to the manufacturers under your warranty.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 5182
Good point Nalin

Silver Member

Post Number: 833
copy cat crap!

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 12686
Sonicview elite picture is better than that of Sonicview 4000. Even Sonicview 4000 has an excellent picture.

Bronze Member
Username: May_queen

Post Number: 32
Thanks for the input, justforhaha, Nalin and Plymouth. Very helpful comments!

I am going to try a friend's SV4000 tonight just to make sure and then pack elite up.

Also, I did try playback of a nice quality video clip on SV360 elite and that showed up fine without any grainyness or artifacts. So, I am guessing that video delivery part on the box is fine but tuner part may have issues with producing quality video.

Thanks a bunch!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us